“Terrible experience....... Since we were at the door. Even 1”

Central House at the Crown
Ranked #68 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Central House at the Crown We believe good farming is worthwhile, and that it makes better food. We buy from small farmers who raise their animals outdoors, in grass and trees - not on corn and hormones. We buy heritage breeds that Americans have conserved for generations. Our seafood comes directly from New England waters. Our vegetables are as local as the season permits and we buy organic whenever possible. We seek out food that supports our values, and we think you will notice the difference. Please join us, and enjoy some truly good food.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What happend today in that restaurant, was out the Ming, I don't want to happend to my worse enemies. Unfortunalle I don't enemies, but I think that place have too many. It was a movie... Don't use your phone in here, don't dare to take to mother here, seniors are not welcome, normal people it is no welcome, and you are force by the servers to order lunch a 11 am. Even When you are n't ungry yet. I please don't dare to opened that candy you have in your pocket in here For sure the will throw it in your face with your coffee. And after they are going to say you are discriminatory, Ahhh the capuchino was cold too.

1  Thank Stellarey

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Central House was the PERFECT location for our wedding reception! It was truly our dream wedding and it took my breath away when I first saw how beautiful the decor and room setup was. We had 60 guests and served a delicious buffet dinner with dancing to follow. The staff was so accommodating and helped us plan the event over the course of the year.

We served steak, chicken, mashed potatoes and had a mac n' cheese bar. The food and service were amazing and all of our guests were impressed. The house macaroni and cheese is so delicious!

We are so glad we had our wedding reception here and could not have done it without Rick and his staff. We can't wait to go back for our anniversary dinner :)

1  Thank Amanda G
Peter M, Manager at Central House at the Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Thanks so much for the review, We are so proud to be part of your special day :}
Peter & the Staff

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have seen many comics and a Drag Queen show that was soooo good! Lots of things happening there during the summer. Small rooms mean up close and in your face, no place to hide.

1  Thank slappythesecond
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Looking for somewhere to have dinner on our last night in Provincetown, we stumbled across this place after we found Front Street closed for the season. We were seated quite quickly by one of the staff and then handed over to our waiter, Christophe, who is worth a very big mention because he was just lovely. He was friendly, engaging and funny and made dining there an absolute pleasure.

Both my partner and I ordered the sirloin (mine well done) and we each had two cocktails. The cocktails were out of this world divine. I tried the PTown Sunset first (I HAD TO! I was in PTown) and it was delicious, but then, I adore grapefruit so that helps. I had a sip of my partner's Malibu Spice (or thereabouts named) and got extremely jealous so ordered that as my next cocktail. Make no mistake. It was delicious. Make sure you like ginger, though. YUM!

The sirloin steaks came out and mine was a little too pink for my liking so they took it back and gave it a flame on the old grill and it came back perfect. The food was delicious - the steak came with creamy polenta (delish) and watercress salad (equally delish) and the ambience was so very pleasant.

Finding this place was a real treat. The only downfall was that they could not accept Visa Debit Gift Cards but apart from that, a divine experience. I would recommend this place and, if I were you, I would hope the stars send Christophe your way because he is honestly one of the best waiters I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Would most definitely return.

1  Thank Krinkles28
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First time in this restaurant with family for great foes of fresh air from the ocean and stop for lunch
Great food,atmosphere,nice bar,good appetizers.their fish dishes are very fresh.
I had a lobster salad very good and seasoned perfect.
Also their lobster Mac and cheese is good and rich.
We had a full table so we had a variety of entrees all very good and tasty.
The serves were nice and accommodating,we were seven people and the restaurant was full.
The place neat and close to the ocean so was good to go for a walk in the sand in fresh nice breeze
I recommend this place for good fresh seafood and more.