“A New Devon's in Town”

Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Modern American food with global influences utilizing local and seasonal ingredients. We have lots of vegan options too. The dining room is a glam Hollywood Regency style affair. The "On The Rocks " bar is an upcycled boat with teak bar top and stone foot rest.
New York City, New York
1,007 restaurant reviews
“A New Devon's in Town”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I am a HUGE fan of Devon's on Commercial Street. I don't miss having a meal here any time I am in town. I was also a BIG fan of Tips for Tops'n as a local lunch spot. So when Tips closed and Devon's moved in I was hoping for the best.
I could only make breakfast here this trip as when I was here they were closed for dinner.
First off I was VERY happy that they kept the old Tip for Tops'n look with the kitschy ship wheels and fish, yet they really updated it to look fresh and modern. Great job with the decor!
My breakfast did remind me of breakfast at Devon's. I had a lobster omelet. Everything was fresh and great tasting. It was a big hearty, fresh breakfast.
The service did seem a little off. It was late and there were only three tables yet the waitress was never around.
Next time I am in town I will stop by the NEW Devon's for dinner.

• Visited September 2013

“Breakfast to get up for”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Our first time in P'town and we wanted a good breakfast before beach walking (10 miles that day and a lot of the sand is soft). We were driving down Bradford St. because Commercial St. is one way and there was Devon's Deep Sea Dive (sister restaurant to Devon's in East End). Devon greeted us at the door and it means a lot to be so welcomed. Over the course of this breakfast (and the next day) we heard about the opening and renovations and really, really enjoyed the food. The back of the house knows how to cook eggs! The omelet with fleur de lys ham and cheese was one of the best I've ever had. The next day I had the eggs benedict (I know, but we were doing a lot of walking) and they were fabulous. This will be our go to breakfast place whenever we come back.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Went for the Sunday night prix fixe $30 dinner. Really not good food nor a good value. Normally Devon's food is good but pricey. This time the special consisted a very limited choice of poor quality food. Would not return.

1 Thank mistermooney
Kent, Connecticut
“Mixed Up Listing”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have notified Trip Advisor that this entry for Devon's Deep Sea Dive is misleading, but they do not seem to fix it. The building used to house Tip for Tops'n for many years. They closed and the place is has been taken over by Devon Ruesch. The place is completely different, just the building is the same, but for some reason TA still uses the old photo of Tips for Tips'n and includes the old reviews as reviews for the new place. When I tried to enter this review TA informed me that I had already reviewed. I had reviewed the former restaurant years ago, but never the new place. I am about to give up on TA. There is no control or supervision. It appears to have gotten too large to be managed effectively. Many places that have closed are still carried and this one is a combination of two places.

1 Thank Howland_Owl
New Paltz, New York
“How Very Unfortunate”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I went to this restaurant because it is in the location where I had enjoyed excellent breakfasts for the past two years. When I walked in, I could see that the decor had changed, and been updated, which is fine. There was only one other table occupied in the restaurant.
I ordered the seemingly very simple breakfast that I enjoy: 2 eggs scrambled very soft, sausage and homefries. My breakfast companions ordered very similar meals.
When my breakfast arrived, the eggs were cooked as hard as they possibly could have been, absolutely no understanding of egg cookery. The homefries were few, and not the least bit crisp, an the sausage was missing. I asked for the sausage and received a thin patty on a side plate.
The simple breakfast for the 3 of us was $50, before tip...I eat in manhattan regularly, and the cost was not a shock, but the startling lack of value was. The food was poorly prepared, even with no pressure on the kitchen. The little sliced orange peel was apparently meant to make it seem upscale, but really, what a terrible breakfast!
Seeing that I had not eaten my egg, the waiter failed to ask if it was okay....One other table in the place....
Seems that the (apparently) new owners want to make it a hipster place, which would be fine, if they could cook! They can not.
Food is bad. Service is indifferent, prices are exorbitant. I know I won't go back, and advise others to avoid it as well.
These people are amateurs with overblown aspirations. Please learn basic cooking before opening a restaurant.

3 Thank Peter G