“A great addition to Provincetown's many restaurants.”
Review of BBQ Boys - CLOSED

BBQ Boys
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have had take out from 'BBQ Boys' on several occasions since it opened about a month ago. The food was fresh, delicious and, for lack of a better word, 'yummy'. We have tried the ribs, the chicken and the BBQ hash, which are all great choices. The sides of black eyed peas, mac and cheese, collard greens and cornbread were wonderful. I can't finish this review without mentioning their scrumptious desserts. We loved their fresh strawberry shortcake and also their pineapple upside down cake. it's not fancy (why would a BBQ place be fancy?). The plates are paper and the cutlery is plastic, so what? it's BBQ, not an overpriced restaurant on Commercial Street.

There are several tables both inside and out where you can have dinner, but we like 'take out' so we can enjoy the meal with a nice bottle of red. We found the service to be friendly and prompt with no 'attitude', unlike a recent experience downtown where the waiter informed us that 'tips were not included'. We were debating between 'very good' and 'excellent' and decided on the former only because we use 'excellent' for very few places.

1  Thank Irish_Harry

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Pro:Good food, good value

Cons: On my first visit I was a bit unclear about the menu and how the place worked. There was no menu at the counter and the person at the register was less than helpful. It turns out the menu was behind me, that seemed like not a great idea. I asked for recommendations and really got no help. I finally ordered and asked for the pickles to be left off the sandwich. The guy at the register launched into a rant about how the owners were "artists" and would not leave them off, I could just pick them off if I didn't want them. Really pretty snarky. I ordered something else since I really dislike pickles and didn't want pickle juice all over an otherwise good sandwich.

Overall, once I escaped the place with my food and a big does of bad attitude, I will admit the food was good. Unfortunately, I won't be returning, at least this year, and I fear with that type of service the restaurant won;t be back next year.

3  Thank Ptown02657