“Slightly Expensive but Quite Good”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #4 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Description: Open mid April through last November..."A Provincetown tradition" to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the "TOP" of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary's & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim's award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey...Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
Boca Raton, Florida
“Slightly Expensive but Quite Good”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The Clam Chowder is really good. Thick, not over-loaded with potatoes and excellent flavor. We highly recommend the lobster and avocado appetizer, it was delicious. The lobster was fresh, cooked perfectly and delicious, and the avocado was perfectly ripe. When combined and topped with diced mango, it was something special.

We also found the service to be very good and if you pick the right spot, there are great views to enhance your meal.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Buffalo, New York
“What A Find In Provincetown!”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I come to Provincetown roughly once a year with my family and I've never eaten here except for this year! My fiance and I picked this place because of the reviews we saw on Tripadvisor. From the outside it doesn't look that great, even when you first peak inside it doesn't look like much. When you are asked to be seated you go waaaayyy to the back of the restaurant were they have a big seating area.

I had the lobster ravioli with parmesean-panko crush and alfredo sauce. I think this was the most delicious thing I had in Cape Cod on my trip. My fiance had crab cakes which she loved as well. We talked to some people outside of the restaurant as well that loved the food.

Overall this is a great place to sit down and have a delicious meal while in Provincetown. I thought they could have updated the dinning room but that's definitely not a big deal.

West Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Better for Dinner at This Price range.....”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Two bowls of soup. One very meager "Cobb" salad and two ice teas. $40.00 I think they have better items, we just missed them. Once again I come back to the value of the food on the plate. (30% being a good norm) The salad had no preparation. A small pile of undressed greens surrounded by a half avocado, some bacon, a sliced egg and some small pickled beets. (beets?) No bleu cheese. $16.00. They brought the dressing tray over with 4 choices. I estimate the the cost of this plate of raw ingredients was somewhere around $2.00. Portugese soup for $7.50 was tasty. Lobster bisque ( also $7.50) was sweet and basically tasteless. I would say the prices are better suited for a dinner. The folks around us were spending $30 plus each for lunch so I would plan on $80 for lunch for two with a tip. Dining room is crowded with a nice view of the water for some at one end and no decor.

1 Thank CapeCodder2514
Lincoln, Illinois
“We almost got fooled...”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Don't let the tiny front part fool you. Inside is a really nice place, to have a really nice meal, from a really nice menu, served by really nice people. Thanks to the guy at the soap store down the street we were steered to The Lobster Pot over another place that looked kinda good. To make a long story short, the Lobster Pot was busy and the other place was not.

cape cod
“Not Worth the Wait”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

always a line to get in...prices for lobster etc. are the same all over P town so don't bother to wait just go elsewhere for the same meal

Visited June 2012