“Great seafood on Cape Cod”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: Open mid April through last November..."A Provincetown tradition" to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the "TOP" of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary's & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim's award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey...Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We ate lunch at the Lobster Pot, which is an institution in Provincetown. It is a large sprawling restaurant with a great view overlooking the harbor and a wide menu of fish and seafood. They have everything from raw oysters, various fish tartare, lots of lobster, as well as interesting sandwiches, salads and even a few meat dishes. We were a group of 6 and the service was prompt and efficient. My wife had the hot seafood combo appetizer (oysters Rockefeller, clams casino, baked mussels, and blackened shrimp, and I had the lobster salad roll which was excellent. She was disappointed by the oysters, but the rest of her dish was delicious. She also ordered a pasta dish with seafood. The pasta was undercooked and she sent it back and they redid it just right. This is a friendly restaurant and a great place for lunch when you are in Provincetown.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,192)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

At the bottom of my luke-warm chowder, I found a piece of a sugar packet. When I told the waitress, she laughed. The manager came over later and took the chowder off the bill; told me this never happens, as if I had put it there. I was very disgusted and appalled at the treatment I received I would never go there again.

Lobster_Pot_Ptown, Manager at Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

We are sorry that you where disappointed with your recent visit to the Lobster Pot. We pride ourselves on 100% customer satisfaction, which obviously was not the case with your recent visit. I can only apologize for what you consider horrible treatment...mistakes do happen and we do not take your "appalling" treatment lightly. We tried to fix the problem, but obviously not to your satisfaction. Thanks for your input...the Lobster Pot Restaurant…a 2013 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Winner.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to Provincetown as a quick last minute trip away from Western Mass. We asked some locals (or people who seemed really familiar with the area) for places with good food. Many of those people suggested the Lobster Pot and we couldn't be happier that they did. In fact, we went there three times during our 24 hour trip.
The clam chowder was by far the best I've ever eaten. The lobster scampi was chock full of perfectly cooked vegetables. My boyfriend got the lobster bake which was amazing as well. (The potatoes that came with it weren't great but I won't dwell)
The local beers were tasty and refreshing and our bartender, Marie, was one of the highlights of our trip. She was super friendly and a pleasure to talk to. In fact, she was the reason we went back for dinner. All of the waitstaff and the hosts were so friendly and happy. Will most definitely be back again!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had heard so much about the Lobster Pot so we followed the crowd for a quick bite to eat. The clam chowder was OUT OF THE WORLD (every restaurant has their "Award Winning" chowder, but this was award winning!). The choweder was just the right consistency with plenty of "the good stuff".
On the other side, we had some of the fried clams...what a disappointment. Soggy and a heavy coating on them. We should have looked around the room....lots of lobster rolls being served. Maybe that's why they call it the Lobster Pot instead of the Clam Shack! Next time...Lobster all the way!

1  Thank BOBandMBF
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We ate lunch at the Lobster Pot on a cold November day, and it was a reliably good meal (as it always is), with really excellent service. Great views - a really nice stop on a cold, off-season day.