“A little pricy but great food”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #9 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Open mid April through last November..."A Provincetown tradition" to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the "TOP" of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary's & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim's award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey...Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have been to Provincetown many times but tended to stay away from this restaurant. However, one of my co-workers recommended it and I liked it so much that I went back the next night as well. There is an extensive menu not to mention the views of the water especially from the upstairs bar and dining areas. The only reason that I did not give this restaurant a 5-star rating was because the 2 nights I was there I ordered the exact same meal, the Clam Bake with a baked stuffed lobster. Again, the food was excellent but the first night, only half the lobster was stuffed while the second night the entire lobster was. I didn't mind only half being stuffed the first as I figured that is how they prepared it but the second night I was surprised. Probably a minor detail overall but I like consistency when I go to a restaurant. If you like seafood I highly recommend this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,241)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Lobster Pot is the place to go if you are looking for a traditional New England seafood restaurant. Central location with a view of the bay and an upstairs bar that serves food and the best cosmos in town. No trip to Provincetown is complete until you have a meal at the Lobster Pot.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This restaurant looks small from the outside, but it is actually a pretty decent size. We were a party of six right around lunchtime, and they took us right away. The food was AMAZING! I got a side salad, and a clam chowder bread bowl... let me tell you, this is the best chowder I've ever had! The other people in my part also thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Even the salad was delicious. The prices were very reasonable, and the service was great. If i'm ever in P-Town again, (which honestly, i would visit again just for the chowder at the Lobster Pot), i will definitely be coming back!!!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had lunch here last week and I can't rave enough. Our waitress, Emily, and the host, Sean, were so entertaining and all their recommendations were spot on! We were a party of seven women and everyone of us loved our food. I think the favorites may have been the lobster bisque and the lobster, avocado, mango cocktail. The bloody marys were also scumptious! The upstairs dining room is where you want to be. The views from there are great.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Lunch at the iconic Lobster Pot. Oysters on the half shell, clams on the half shell, lobster bisque, clam chowder, mango avocado lobster appetizer...by then we were full! Fresh fresh seafood. The lobster mango appetizer was great, very rich, but refreshing. The chowder and bisque could be a whole meal. Kind of pricey, but I would do it again...