“Second Visit...not as Great as the First”

The Mews Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Massachusetts
“Second Visit...not as Great as the First”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We recently dined at The Mews, having visited one year ago and had a great experience. We made a reservation for four. The host said he had a beautiful table on the window overlooking the harbor. My husband and I arrived first and grabbed a drink at the bar. We told the host that, "We're waiting on our daughter." We expected to be seated on the upstairs main floor where we had dined last year. When my daughter and her husband arrived, we were sent downstairs into the lower seating area...it was not what we expected. We were corralled with parties that included small children and the lighting was stark with overhead lighting. The table was near a window but not on the level we expected. We felt we were profiled as having a daughter, implying a younger child. This was not the case as my daughter and her husband had recently married. The Lobster risotto was excellent but the wedge salad was overpriced. The service was average, and seemed a bit detached. I just wished we could have been seated in the main room. Prices are very expensive and the quality overall is very good. Still upon reflection, we thinkThe Mews may be living on its laurels of the past 50 years.

4 Thank catsmeow05

Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
“Perfection”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Am very pleased with the whole shabang! We went there last night I had the lobster dumplings in the miso soup and the lamb. My girlfriend had the lobster rissotto. Every part of our dining experience was on point. From the service to the food.i think our waitress was Dorothy. She was friendly and knows how to please. I left satisfied and happy. ;)

1 Thank hoppyhopster
Northford, Connecticut
“Best Meal in Provincetown”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Didn't think we'd need reservations...had to sit by the bar - and we were there when the restaurant opened! Once we had dinner, we realized why the place was so busy. GREAT dinner! My husband had the halibut special - it was delicious and a huge portion. I had the veal shank - again huge and perfectly flavored. Couldn't finish it all! Will definitely make reservations if we return to P-town! Wish we had room for dessert!

Ottawa, Ontario
“Great food, great drinks - upbeat atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Loved the food at the Mews but found the restaurant was very crowded and loud. There is something for everyone's taste on the menu. We ordered the crab and avocado appetizer with poppy seeds. Yummy. We also had the beet salad which was just ok. Nothing special. Our main meals were served hot and again food was good. Only complaint was the noise. They have a bar area off to the side which was packed with people. The noise from the bar can get annoying if you are trying to have a conversation of your own. Prices are high but a nice treat. Next time I would reserve downstairs away from the bar area. I would go back.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank DebbieLoo
Toronto, ON
“Top option in P-town!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had dinner at The Mews while staying in P-town and loved it! I'd recommend making a reservation as the place was packed even on a Monday night.

The table we were seated at was on the lower level and had a beautiful view of the sand dunes and the coast. Service was excellent too. The food highlights were the tuna roll and lobster risotto.

Would definitely come back!