“Excellent Evening!”

The Mews Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love this place we go every year. Great service and delicious food. Easy casual atmosphere. Looking forward to going this summer.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

WOW!!!!! Just.... WOW! I have never in my life had lobster this delicious! The butter poached lobster is a must have for anyone who even just kind of likes lobster- after this dish you will LOVE lobster. It’s indescribable, but I’ll try: when you get your plate, the first things you notice are: the plating- beautiful, new American style plating with one carrot, some green onion/scallion tips (the white part) with half a purple fingerling and half a white fingerling, a few halved morel mushrooms, a beautiful sauce very elegantly a curled up lobster tail and 2 perfectly de-shelled claws; I’ve never been a fan of any part of the lobster but the tail, but I would have killed for about 6 more claw pieces and given up the tail— the claws were like cutting into a stick of butter and the flavor and texture was worth dying for. The other dish ordered was a halibut special- neither of us like fish, really, but the description of the halibut special was so delightful and enticing it had to be tasted. We were not disappointed in anything we ordered. The gazpacho of the day was a watermelon gazpacho, but they had run out... our server brought us a bowl without charge bc it was the bottom of the barrel. Then, 250.... YES, TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY vodkas!!!!!!!!!! My suggestion for trying different brands and flavours of vodka is to order a vodka sour with whatever flavour you like- unless it’s the tomato or Bloody Mary flavours, or any other savory type flavour- there you’re on your own! Then, the view from this place is unbeatable, unless you’re actually ON the water. Don’t miss this diamond of a culinary experience, you’ll regret it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love the staff the food and everything about the muse. This is also a great place to go see all the local flavor, and just have a great meal with a good view

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We really had a great meal! The service was really good and the views were incredible. I would recommend The Mews!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I made reservations 6 weeks in advance for my birthday. We were seated at 7:30 and did not finish until 9:45. Although our waitress was nice she disappeared for lengthy periods of time. The mussels were very good. The halibut special was dry and not seasoned, the mashed potatoes bland. My husbands filet mignon was cooked well. The chocolate desert was average. People had raved about this restaurant and I was so excited for my birthday dinner but left disappointed. Maybe it was just an off night.