“Good service and nice view”

Bayside Betsy's Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 144 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We ate at an off hour and off season so the restaurant was very quiet. Nice views of the waterfront from perimeter tables. We thought the food tasted very good and the prices were reasonable. The waiter followed up and also suggested items, very good service. We ate there a second time and found everything consistent with the first visit. Recommend for a casual lunch. The small bar was pretty busy too.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

There food & drinks here are good. There are usually dinner & drink specials throughout the off season as well. The bar is rather small, but the staff is always friendly & welcoming.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Excellent on all points. My wife & I had lunch & had a great time. The service was very helpful in assisting my wife fine something to eat that would meet her gluten & carrot allergies. After ordering a steak sandwich without the bread the server came back & suggested the steak salad. It was perfect. I had the Maryland crab cake sliders which were awesome.
I highly recommend the homemade potato chips with blue cheese & bacon crumbles appetizer, you can't stop eating the damn things, I wanted to lick the basket when it they were gone. Also had one of the best Bloody Mary,s I've had in long time.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just returned from an excellent evening out, dining at 'Bayside Betsy's,' overlooking the ocean in Provincetown, Cape Cod. It has to be one of the best restaurants that we've experienced for a very long time. Their 'clam chowder' together with their 'pumkin & sweet potato soup' were out of this world & absolutely delicious. The mains (or entree's if you prefer,) were just as good, I had 'fresh Haddock' which was thick, meaty & mouthwatering, my wife had their fried 'Bay Scallops' which were also superb, we couldn't fault either the quality, the portion sizes, (which to be honest were too large for us) or the service. Would we recommend - you bet, what a shame that we haven't got the equivalent of a 'Bayside Betsy's' near to our home in England!

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

On this summer trip to Provincetown, my boyfriend and I were lured in to Bayside Betsy's by a solicitor by the door for breakfast/brunch. We had been there the previous fall and had mixed feelings about the experience we had for dinner service, so we decided to give it another chance. Unfortunately, I don't believe we will be returning.

After being seated, we waited longer than usual to get water to the table. The restaurant seemed busy, but at least a third of the dining room was empty... So it didn't LOOK busy. We decided on our order, but had to wait another 15-20 minutes to place it. Another table of 4 men were seated behind us in our server's same section.

It was very evident that the sever was paying more attention to this new table, laughing and making small talk. The table on the other side of us had already ordered before my boyfriend and I sat down, and they seemed irritated at this behavior as well. They flagged the waiter down and asked if their food was coming, because they had to leave soon. The waiter ran to the kitchen to pick up their order. But he also appeared with the order for the table of 4 men that had been seated after us.

It was very clear that particular attention was being placed on this other table and their service was taking priority over the other tables in this server's section.

Another 10-15 minutes passed before my boyfriend and I received our order. The food was acceptable, but because of our frustrations with our service, it was difficult for us to enjoy the meal. In fact, we had asked for the check when we received our food, so they we could expedite the process. We still had to wait another 15 minutes after finishing our meal before the check was presented.

As we left, Betsy herself was bussing a table and wished us a good day, and though I could tell she was darling and kind, I fear she may not be aware of the poor servers that she employs.

Overall, after over a two-hour meal, we found our experience to be sub-par. Though the restaurant has wonderful potential, I do not anticipate returning on my next trip to PTown.