“Gotta love Betsy's!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Walpole, Massachusetts
“Gotta love Betsy's!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just a great all-around experience. Right on the water...Betsy is always on hand to greet you with a smile. Awesome service, and food. Great Bloody Marys.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Cindy L

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Good food, grumpy bar tender”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We visited during a blizzard on Valentine's Day weekend. It was one of only a few places open, so we went to the bar to have a drink before dinner, to ride the storm out with others. At one point while we were having fun and laughing with a group of folks we had just met, the bartender "shhhhused" us. I have never been asked to be quiet at a bar before! I can't imagine how this poor soul will be in the heat of August if he can't handle a few queers laughing together in February. We weren't drunk - we had only had one drink each (although he did pour a nice strong drink!). After that we went to have dinner. The food was good, but seemed a little pricey for what it was, even for Provincetown.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank BostonMary2013
New York City, New York
“On a downhill slide”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My partner and I have been eating here for many years. It continues to be getting worse and worse each time. This past weekend we were in town and made a point to eat at Betsy's a few times. There was a wait on Saturday but that was ok, town was busy with not many options so that didn't bother us. Peter and Steven were on as waiters and Steven was our waiter. We have had both waiters in the past. They were interested in talking about their all night partying and how tired they were, and it was evident in how they looked. Steven could concentrate on the order and was had to write it down 3 times. Lunch was horrible. I had a turkey club that was falling apart before it got to the table. My partner had a burger rare and it was way over done and the fries were soggy. We mentioned this to Steven and his response was the kitchen is busy if I return it I don't know when it will come back.

We decided to go back on Sunday night for Comfort Food. What a waste of money. You get a slop of mashed potato that was luke warm, I had the fried chicken and it seemed similar to what they sell at Stop & Shop but cold. The gravy was so thick and cold. There was no vegetable, broccoli was extra at $2.95.

So after eating and drinking here for 7 or 8 years, we have decided not to return. Betsy was unfriendly and didn't seem to care that we thought the prices were too high for what you get. With the exception of George and Nick, the staff is as unprofessional we ever seen.

There is a saying from Hollywood, go out while you are on top. Betsy missed the boat here and I suspect this will be run into the ground. Sad, very sad.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank PJRWorldTraveler
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Room for Improvement”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a fun place to have drinks. Forget the boring view of the bay, sit near the window in the bar and watch all the people on Commercial Street. But, I'd skip having dinner there again. My waiter didn't have much knowledge about the menu, and was clueless about what gluten-free was. He ran to the kitchen every single time I asked a question, and even so, I was misinformed. Not much I could eat here. The food is just average, and pricey. When I complained about the lack of gluten-free options, I was told, "Nobody in P-Town cares." Well, that's not true, and they should care.

• Visited June 2013
Provincetown
“Fun Food and Views”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I frequently eat at Bayside Betsy's The wait staff is the best in town No attitude here and a show by the staff to go with your food no matter how busy they are. The cocktails are well worth the price. They seem to come with a refill on the side! The Mixer's bar has a great street view and George the bartender is always warm friendly and accommodating. Want the best clam chowda in town? You will find it here with no doubt about it.

• Visited September 2013