Ampersand Guesthouse
Surfside Hotel & Suites(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$211
Harbor Hotel Provincetown(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$133
US$166
The Seaglass Inn & Spa(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$179
Brass Key Guesthouse(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$357
Cape Colony Inn(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$122
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$316
US$300
Masthead Resort(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$109
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$195
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Awol(Provincetown)
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed at the Ampersand two nights. We never saw a smile. Our room seemed even worse that the other terrible review. It was tiny, dark, and the towels were threadbare and the sheets were awful. Dark purple jersey, pilling, and what were they hiding? Ew. The television was the size of the one on the back of plane seats. There were three sets of RULES in this room but no welcoming anything. You get a bar of soap the size of a town house cracker. No shampoo, no nice welcome, no nothing. I needed an iron during the stay and they set one up IN THE TINY KITCHEN WHILE SERVING MUFFINS. Then the iron did not work! They made no effort to find another in time for my interview. They never smiled. They were unpleasant to us and to each other.
And they are good length walk from town. Seriously, for the money you can do so much better in this town. We especially don't recommend this place for women. You'll feel isolated, alone, and frankly disrespected. When I asked for an iron ....gee, seemingly a reasonable request....I was told "We don't iron." And that was obvious. Our "hosts" were barely civil, and the room was dark and dingy, and breakfast was muffins, muffins, muffins....not a breakfast! Try somewhere else. And by the way....you have to park your car and leave your keys because they have to shove 8 cars into a space for four. You park one behind another and just hope that whoever moves your car won't steal, bang, or whatever. Not pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank terartist
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I had a wonderful two week stay at the Ampersand this year. Although I usually stay one week, I love it so much in Ptown (and at the Ampersand) that I went this year for two. The owners are welcoming, the house has a wonderful guesthouse atmosphere, and the guests are friendly (and appropriately mature). Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2010

In celebration of a very special anniversary, our adult children and spouses surprised us with a weekend in Provincetown, a spot we had taken them to when they we young. My husband and I have visited the Cape on numerous vacations and have stayed at a variety of lodgings. This is by far our FAVORITE. The atmosphere is laid back and extremely welcoming. The owners, Robert and Ken, are most hospitable, but never intrusive. Their expansive parlor provided us with the perfect spot to meet and enjoy each other's company, make a few new friends and devour Robert's incredible muffins. We were pleased to meet other guests who seemed to love the Ampersand as much as we did. After all, most of them were repeat visitors. That speaks volumes!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I could not disagree more with the reviews from other travellers - maybe we caught the hosts on a bad week? Ken and Robert were barely civil to us during our stay. I don’t think I saw either of them smile once. Robert even addressed us one morning with ‘Morning guys. Are you going out soon? I need to clean your room.’ When we left, my partner gave the keys back to Ken who simply said, ‘Thanks.’ There was also no orientation of the property or the room, leaving us to guess how to use the bathroom fan, ceiling fan and heating (none of which were typical fixtures). This comes on top of a room with no toiletries (not even shampoo), very old threadbare towels, sandpaper-like toilet paper, venetian blinds that barely block out the sun in the mornings, an old fashioned coil spring mattress and the tiniest little 1990s TVs I have ever had the misfortune to squint at. But these are not the worst points. Ampersand claims to have free wi-fi, but it only works in the lounge. We could detect the neighbouring B&B’s wi-fi in our room daily (they seemed to have no trouble reaching the extremities of their property), but never Ampersand’s. Very poor. Worst is that they call this a B&B. The ‘breakfast’ is coffee/tea and muffins. This was the 5th B&B we stayed at up and down the east coast of North America and not once did we see a ‘breakfast’ that left you hungry. Neither of us are overweight / big eaters, but this is what some B&Bs offered as snacks from the kitchen during the day, not breakfast. Add to this, door handles throughout the building that are so old they don’t work resulting in everyone needing to slam their doors. One notable positive, the rooms are large enabling you to spread out and be comfortable. Otherwise, Ampersand was the singular worst experience of our trip. Shame, as Provincetown is amazing, but if we return we won’t be staying here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bckpckrau
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Can only reiterate what everyone else says about Ampersand: great location, immaculate rooms, wonderful view from deck, good value, lovely hosts. My only quibble is that although the breakfast muffins are delicious, there's no alternative if you don't care for muffins in general. However, that won't keep us away. Can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple