“super place to stay in PTown”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Ampersand Guesthouse
Ranked #50 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 October 2010

This is a terrific guesthouse. The building is both fascinating and charming, and the neighborhood is quiet but not too far from the center of town.

The owners have done a marvelous job renovating the house. The rooms we've stayed in are large and comfortable--and reasonably priced compared to many similar guesthouses in town.

Some other reviewers have complained about the small TVs and the rather weak wireless signal, but if you are vacationing, what difference do these things make? This is a great guesthouse, it's not a hotel! If you want a charming, quiet, and clean place to stay, this is your destination. If you want the Radisson, well, this ain't it.

Reviewed 2 October 2010

We stayed for a weekend at Ampersand at the end of September and had a wonderfully relaxing stay. The house was built in the 1800s and they have done a beautiful job preserving the classic feel of the place while adding modern touches to make it comfortable. Our room was spacious with a cozy sitting area and fireplace. They did have wireless internet so my husband had a quiet place to work during the day on Friday while I explored town.

We thought the location of Ampersand was perfect. It is on a quiet street away from the bustle and craziness of town but just a short walk to the town restaurants, bars, and shopping. Since it was quiet and peaceful in the morning we were able to sleep in (a rarity for us both). We had both been working a lot for the few weeks prior to our trip. My husband, who is normally out of bed by 7, slept until nearly noon!

The hosts, Robert and Ken, were quite gracious. They made us comfortable without being intrusive. They make delicious muffins or coffee cake every morning to have with coffee and juice (pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and cranberry coffee cake were delicious!). They also helped us with restaurant recommendations that were great. We sat in their beautiful garden for coffee in the morning and drinks before dinner. Their garden is the subject of a number of paintings by some local artists and when you see it you'll understand why.

We can't wait to return!

Reviewed 1 October 2010

Nothing does more to enchance your time on Cape Cod than staying at the Ampersand Guesthouse in Provincetown. Capturing the charm and pace of the cape, I found the Ampersand to provide a relaxed envirnment with total comfort. The location of the Ampersand is just off the beaten path. Close to the center of town, but not in the center of town the location gives the benefits of both. THe rooms are beautifully decorated and clean. Great attention is paid by the hosts Robert & Ken to ensure that your stay is as comfortable as it can be. This little oasis is a must stay for those looking for that perfect wind-down stay on Cape Cod

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I've been coming back to the Ampersand for a week long stay every September for the last 12 years. Sometimes I've stayed there for a week or weekend during June, August, & even December for the Holidays. The comfortable rooms, and I've stayed in most all of them, each have their own vibe and character. Two rooms have direct access to the sun deck and some have a fireplace and sitting area. What ever the season or the weather the Ampersand is a perfect vaction retreat.

For a week or a weekend, the Ampersand is the best place to recharge the batteries. On the quiet West End of Ptown, with a beautiful private garden and sun deck with views to the harbor, I find myself always wanting to stay longer. The hosts and staff are always available to offer dinning suggestions, info on current events around town, or good conversation. The mix of guests is always interesting.

I enjoy coming down to the common room for homemade muffins and great coffee in the mornings. With soft music in the background, fresh flowers on the table, and the other guests planning their days activities I know that I can stay and join the welcoming conversation or just watch, stroll into town, head to the beach, or find a cozy spot to read that book I've been trying to finish. Hey! That's my idea of a vacation.

1  Thank RDWolf
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed at the Ampersand two nights. We never saw a smile. Our room seemed even worse that the other terrible review. It was tiny, dark, and the towels were threadbare and the sheets were awful. Dark purple jersey, pilling, and what were they hiding? Ew. The television was the size of the one on the back of plane seats. There were three sets of RULES in this room but no welcoming anything. You get a bar of soap the size of a town house cracker. No shampoo, no nice welcome, no nothing. I needed an iron during the stay and they set one up IN THE TINY KITCHEN WHILE SERVING MUFFINS. Then the iron did not work! They made no effort to find another in time for my interview. They never smiled. They were unpleasant to us and to each other.
And they are good length walk from town. Seriously, for the money you can do so much better in this town. We especially don't recommend this place for women. You'll feel isolated, alone, and frankly disrespected. When I asked for an iron ....gee, seemingly a reasonable request....I was told "We don't iron." And that was obvious. Our "hosts" were barely civil, and the room was dark and dingy, and breakfast was muffins, muffins, muffins....not a breakfast! Try somewhere else. And by the way....you have to park your car and leave your keys because they have to shove 8 cars into a space for four. You park one behind another and just hope that whoever moves your car won't steal, bang, or whatever. Not pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank terartist
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I had a wonderful two week stay at the Ampersand this year. Although I usually stay one week, I love it so much in Ptown (and at the Ampersand) that I went this year for two. The owners are welcoming, the house has a wonderful guesthouse atmosphere, and the guests are friendly (and appropriately mature). Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2010

In celebration of a very special anniversary, our adult children and spouses surprised us with a weekend in Provincetown, a spot we had taken them to when they we young. My husband and I have visited the Cape on numerous vacations and have stayed at a variety of lodgings. This is by far our FAVORITE. The atmosphere is laid back and extremely welcoming. The owners, Robert and Ken, are most hospitable, but never intrusive. Their expansive parlor provided us with the perfect spot to meet and enjoy each other's company, make a few new friends and devour Robert's incredible muffins. We were pleased to meet other guests who seemed to love the Ampersand as much as we did. After all, most of them were repeat visitors. That speaks volumes!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family