“Just reading these ridiculous negatives; wanted to put my 2 cents in...”
Review of Inn at the Moors

and 1 more site!
Inn at the Moors
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
New York City, New York
“Just reading these ridiculous negatives; wanted to put my 2 cents in...”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I need to start by addressing some of the stupid things I have read here about this wonderful motel.
1) People are complaining about the view of the salt water marsh and the dunes? Those are considered "The Moors" ; hence the name of the Inn. And the power lines ruin your view? How do you suppose people get power in their rooms?? I believe every hotel in town has power lines associated with their building. Just stupid complaints. I would not take those people's opinion for much of anything.
2) People keep referring to misleading website?? The rooms are quaint. It is a beautiful location at the very west end of town. The price reflects that. Not wanting to walk, is a personal problem. It says clearly on the website that it is a mile from the center of town. If you failed to notice that when you booked or disregarded it, do not blame the inn for its location. They are proud to be located with such amazing views and the quietness of being outside of town. That brings up the price again. Compared to other motels and inns nearer to town, they are definitely on the cheaper side. It is definitely affordable and to say anything different is MISLEADING.
3) I read someone say that they offer fresh fruit and pastries for continental breakfast; but they were disappointed with bananas and coffee cake?? Last I checked, bananas are fruit and cake is a type of pastry? They rotate what they serve so that it does not seem to be the same treats everyday. I have enjoyed their continental breakfast numerous times and am appalled that people would be so picky as to not enjoy it for what it is.
4) For all you "5 star" guests. I have never heard of a "5 star hotel" for under 200$ a night?? You are mad because the Moors does not offer room service?? I think maybe you should just stay in the city; you are obviously impossible to please and will be miserable wherever you go. There is not any "5 star" hotel in Provincetown, so lets just start with remembering where you are visiting.
5) Last. Cell phone service. I had no idea that a little Inn at the end of the Cape had any say in the location of cell towers or has any pull with large mobile companies to conspire against you using your cell phone. It is a fact. Cell phone service is poor in town, therefore it also at the Moors. You can always have your friends or children call the hotel, and they will gladly transfer that call to your room. And WIFI. It works there. i use it everytime I go there. I noticed their computer in the office is not hardwired but connected to the WIFI and they seem to use the computer with no problem AND as someone else positively stated, the staff will always let you use their personal laptops if you need to.

So in closing, I just want to reitterate to anyone that is reading this misleading stream of negativity, that this is a wonderful little place to stay, with amazing views, and friendly staff.. The price is affordable (compared to other places around town) and I would not stay anywhere else. I am happy to read that all of you naysayers wont be back; it leaves more room for the people that appreciate the Inn at the Moors for what it is. A charming little Inn, perched at what seems to be the end of the world. I cannot wait for my next visit!!!

Room Tip: Upper deck rooms have a sweet little deck, yet all rooms face the Moors. I also enjoy the Lighthouse...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Jeremy W
Jesse H, Manager at Inn at the Moors, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
I have got to say, I love the enthusiasm and obviously thoughtful response/review!! We appreciate your emotion and thank you for your patronage!! Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us!! We will be awaiting your next visit! Have an amazing summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed upstairs to enjoy the view. The pool was warm and refreshing with a view as well. Perfect distance to walk or bike to town to get some great exercise in or walk off a meal! Rooms were tastefully furnished, amenities were ample: decent T.V., frig and deck. The price seemed fair all around. Continental breakfast was o.k. although it would be nice to have a toaster out and a loaf of bread (doesn't need to be more than a wheat bread option!). Otherwise, a quiet retreat from the bustle!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelersBoston
Jesse H, Manager at Inn at the Moors, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
Thank you for your personal review! We really do appreciate the feedback. That is the only way to improve and cater to our clientele; hearing and taking into consideration our guests thoughts. We will work on adding a wheat option to the menu!! Take care and best wishes for a wonderful summer!
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Holy cow! I cannot believe how nit picky and just plain wrong the negative reviews are! This Inn is lovely...gorgeous view! Yes there are power lines...but arent they necessary to get power? I noticed power lines at most hotels in the area! Is that enough to make you give a scathing review? One person said there were no beaches...I see two HUGE beaches within walking distance! Pool is fine...you want something bigger...walk across the street to the ocean! Airconditioning was awesome and very quiet...was able to park rightoutside the door, even on the second floor! Bathroom was clean and had a bathtub and blow dryer! Price was about half of what smaller rooms would have been in town! Loved the balcony and just cannot say enough good about the view! Having a wonderful stay...and will certainly be back! One piece of advise...get a second floor room...worth paying a bit more for a better view and a balcony!

Room Tip: Get on the second floor!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Write2Annamarie
Jesse H, Manager at Inn at the Moors, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
Thank you!!!! We appreciate your honesty and definitely enjoy hearing about your experiences here with us!! Please come join us for another wonderful vacation! We are so happy to hear people rave about us! We are one-of-a-kind location and are very proud of it! Many thanks! Please enjoy yourself this upcoming summer and hope to see you soon!
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 May 2011

The pictures on the website were taken by what I'm sure must have been a great photographer that knew just the right angles to take them from, because to the rest of us, there is nothing special about what you see when you're at Inn at the Moors. The owner, who runs the front desk, was rude and condescending. The rooms met my lowest standard of cleanliness...if they were any dirtier, I wouldn't have even stayed there. The rooms are VERY outdated, poor quality of bedding, the carpets...stained!, and the bathroom was from the 80s. The pool is IN the parking lot. It's noisy. Definitely will NOT stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AmyfromLitchfieldCty
Jesse H, Manager at Inn at the Moors, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy yourself here with us. We make every effort to make your stay with us a positive, memorable experience. I hope you will understand that we do not try to mislead anyone about the property or view. The view is ever-changing on the Moors. Depending on the weather, the tide, the season... It changes. Again, I apologize for not being up to your standards. We wish you a wonderful summer and hope you continue to visit Provincetown. It is a special place.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I don't think I would stay at this hotel again. Having said that, it wasn't horrible. The pictures on the website are certainly misleading. The views are completely obscured by electrical and telephone lines across the highway. I can't imagine having a first floor room, there would be no view. On the positive side, the rooms were clean, very very basic. The mini fridge was a useful touch. It was nice to be able to drive up to the second level and park your car out the back. The balcony was nice. It was quiet at night time.

The walk to the town centre was at least 20 minutes and after dark, there was barely any street lighting the further away you were from town, so it was VERY hard to see where you were!

The breakfast was nasty. The pastries were not fresh, poor quality and the rest was generally not appetizing. The woman at the front desk really limited the amount that she put out. No fresh fruit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Salsajo
Jesse H, Manager at Inn at the Moors, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
We thank you for your feedback. It is through guest responses that we are able to make changes and improve. Hospitality is a process which is continually changing and improving. We really appreciate hearing from our guests. We wish you a wonderful summer!
Essex Vermont
Reviewed 16 October 2010

The view is good, but from my room I only get a view of the parking lot and the cheap pool fencing. I get to watch the smokers in the smoking area across the parking lot too. Who said the pool was good? It is supposed to be heated even in the winter. It is tiny and in the middle of a parking lot. If you want to use it in October as advertised, you will have to figure out how to crank off the pool cover while you shiver in your bathing suit. Then you can traipse wet across the parking lot in your suit. There is no beach near this place. The beds are comfortable, but the blankets and spreads would be too cheap to sell at Walmart. The door isn't sealed, at all, so in October the wind raises through. My room had a hole in the floor that was covered with a board. The carpeting is worn with no pads over cement. The veneer furniture is beat-up and peeling. The fridge is college style and on the dresser. I unplugged it because it wakes you up all night when it goes on and off.
There is no way to make a long distance call and no cell reception. There is high speed internet, but if you are at the end of the building, you won't get reception and in the middle it will be like dial-up. I am not a technology addict, but I have kids at home and didn't sign up for complete isolation. My daughter's school called and so did she and I had to walk into town to make a cell phone call. The continental breakfast was good. The view is lovely but this is a motel and so not the P-Town atmosphere that a person comes here for. Yes, there is easy parking, but if you come with 2 cars, you only get one spot. You can hear people walking about if you are on the first floor and the way the cars park if anyone comes in late the lights shine right through the cheap shades. The hotel is a 15 - 20 min walk into town also, so you are not in the thick of things. Everything is old and worn, but in a 60's way. Worn carpet. Bring your own soap. The soap is cheap, Dial. No luxuries for the price. If you arrive late the office will be closed and you will be stranded without a room, so you get bed and breakfast service without the atmosphere or the perks. If you want a hokey worn down motel like this you can get a room just a few steps away for half to a third of the price ($144 for me, and that is off season in October.)
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank freewill13
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2010

This is a terrific Inn close to downtown. It has fabulous views though in October - it's blowy and a bit spooky! Rooms are great and value is too.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple