Awol
US$99
Harbor Hotel Provincetown(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$122
Cape Colony Inn(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$77
Brass Key Guesthouse(Provincetown)
US$162
US$134
Brass Key Guesthou
The Seaglass Inn & Spa(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$143
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$195
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Surfside Hotel & Suites(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$178
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$222
Crowne Pointe Hist
Masthead Resort(Provincetown)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$91
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewscontinental breakfastsolar panelsyogurtin townsecond summerbbq areaupstairs roomrefreshing poolherring covesand duneswest endhard boiled eggssmall balconyscreen doornational seashorefavorite placesoverlooking the water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Halfway up the cape, we get a call from Jesse, telling us we had forgotten a rather expensive painting we had purchased in town. He mailed it to us, arrived in great shape. This was typical of the attentiveness and friendliness of the staff at Inn on the Moors. We enjoyed our visit immensely, and with the right set of expectations (see other reviews), you will have a pleasant stay. Pros: easy parking, simple but substantial continental breakfast, CLEAN. Cons: A long walk into the action on Commercial Street - park at a public lot closer into town. Tip: Get a member card to the National Seashore to avoid $15 per day parking at Herring Cove or Race Point beach. Book a room on the second floor.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jesse H, Manager at Awol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words, and especially I appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts on your stay, for our future guests. I really appreciate the sincerity and thoughtfulness of your review. I am happy you received your painting, and will look forward to seeing you again soon. Wishing you a wonderful Fall and Winter season; thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I was there for Carnival week in room 11. Manager Jessie, Loretta, Diane & staff where awesome & very accommodating to us at all times. They had a great BBQ for the guests & added a new picnic table. Already booked for next year.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jesse H, Manager at Awol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you very much for the kind compliments. We enjoy Carnival for many reasons, although the best part is the return guests we get to enjoy the celebration with. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment on your stay. We are looking forward to next year. Have a great offseason!
Thank you again for always staying with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Some pluses and minuses.

First... the website and name are a little bit misleading. This is a motel, or "motor inn" or "motor lodge." To call it an Inn is simply wrong.

The photos on the site emphasize the surrounding area -- not the actual property that is the Inn at the Moors.

We were on the ground floor - our door a few feet from our car and the parking lot.

If we return we'll definitely pay more to be on the upper level -- where you park around back right at your door... but then have a porch/deck overlooking the marshes and the water (and parking lot). Kinda hard to explain. Sorta like the first floor rooms are a walk-out basement.

Carefully go through the website and virtual tour to understand what you're getting. Ignore the spectacular photos of surfers and such. Really look at the photos of the property and rooms.

The staff is very nice and accommodating. The place has a nice laid-back vibe to it.

It's clean. Not exactly super-modern and renovated... but definitely not down-at-the-heel either. Like staying in a decent 1970s motor lodge.

The a/c was new and very good.

The sheets and towels were clean. The bedding is the typical spongy pillow and foamy blankets. Though the bedspread was nicer so we used that. The bed was fine.

Yes you're away from the madness of Commercial St. Is The Moors quiet, though? not exactly. Your neighbor returns from a night of reverie or starts their car at 7am and it's literally 15 feet from your bed.

We could hear our upstairs neighbor walk across the room. Ours was particularly noisy. (Not The Moors fault.)

The coffee is pretty good! The rest of the breakfast is nothing special - supermarket pastries, muffins and fruit.

Cell service is spotty. Wifi is reliable but a little slow. Nether was a disappointment, as i'm there to get away.

The broader location is nice... out on the tip of the Cape. But the way it's set on the road with no sidewalks, etc... is simply charmless. Again, it's a motel in a nice spot on the cape.

We liked the long walk into town. We try not to drive when we're in Ptown. But at night with no sidewalks, it could make some people uncomfortable. Traffic is light and it was fine for us. If you like to drive everywhere then that wouldn't be an issue for you.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the upper level.
Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank olddrums
Jesse H, Manager at Awol, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion and remark on your stay with us. I am happy your enjoyed the majority of your stay. We cannot improve without getting feedback from our guests, so it is much appreciated. Things like the cell phone service and lack of sidewalks (on the National Seashore that we are abutted against), are out of our control. We also need to have a parking lot for our guests, and therefore cannot do anything about guests noticing cars in their view. I personally look beyond the parking lot, barely noticing anything except the ever-changing Moors and the beautiful Dunes; the protected National Seashore that is simply across the street, with a view from ALL of our rooms. And we provide the pool area and BBQ deck, on the opposite side of the parking lot, with ample chairs and plenty of room, to enjoy high-tide, low-tide, sunsets, thunder storms, and uncountable stars at night, and occasionally, as in this weekend, meteor showers.
We do not mean to advertise that we are anything that we are not. It was named the Moors Inn since it was built in the 1950s, and was changed to the Inn at the Moors when it was purchased over 20 years ago, to pay respect to the original name. It is been upgraded year after year, including the air conditioning you had commented on, as well as MANY other renovations, to make it the beautiful property it has become today. I think to call it a "motor inn" is also misleading.
As for continental breakfast; muffins, fruit, pastries, and coffee (as well as assorted tea, yogurt, iced tea, hard boiled eggs, etc.) are exactly what we advertise as a continental breakfast. We have tried and switched to different things over the years. I sit in the office every morning and serve breakfast, where I hear our guest's feedback daily, and therefore, our choices of pastries are due to what I have learned that our guests prefer. I am truly happy you at least enjoyed our coffee; we get a lot of comments on that, as well.

With that said, I really do appreciate your thoughtful review and comments about our staff and our cleanliness. We work hard to be as welcoming and helpful as we can. I compliment my staff daily for all of the comments I get on their friendliness and professionalism. And we take pride in keeping the rooms as spotless as humanly possible. I really do thank you for noticing and sharing it with our future guests.

So in closing, I want to thank you again for your honest and thoughtful opinions. I am truly sorry you felt mislead by our name. Hopefully you will come join us again someday, and maybe try upstairs. Otherwise, we hope you will find a place that fits your needs and expectations. I enjoyed meeting you and wish you a great rest of the Summer and wonderful rest of the year.

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is exactly as I expected. Great views of the marsh, nice simple accommodations, and away from the craziness of Commercial Street.
As the last hotel before the National Seashore, the location of the hotel is perfect for a quick ride down to the beautiful beaches.
Sure, it's a 15 min trek to the center of town, but you wouldn't believe how quiet it is at night.
Just right

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Panaray
Jesse H, Manager at Awol, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us and for future guests looking for accommodations; I know we are all busy. I appreciate the honest and simple thoughtfulness. Your words are exactly what I think people should hear. Yes, it is a 15 minute walk to town. The trade off is the quietness that being away from downtown provides. And it is as close as you can stay to Herring Cove. We wish you a great rest of the Summer and hope to see you again before too long. Take care, and many thanks again, for your nice and honest review.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We just got back from our second year staying at this wonderful oasis in the west end of P-town. Like last year our stay was unforgettable, Jesse and the staff are top notch professionals and make us really feel like family.

Our top floor King bed room is always inviting and comfortable, the advantage we like is to have both doors open and let the bay breeze flow through - Ahhh, great for sleeping. Every morning we head to the lobby to grab our breakfast which consisted of coffee, juice and assortment of fresh bakery items just enough to get you going in the morning. In route, we usually pass the cleaning staff as they start their day. Without fail they greet us with a friendly smile and a cheerful hello and say have a wonderful day. I must add they do an impeccable job at keeping our room clean during our week stay - thank you

This year we caught some amazing sunsets while relaxing on our balcony before walking into town for dinner, what a view overlooking
the moors, dunes and the colors reflecting off them and watching the tides roll in and out. No better place than at the Inn at the Moors. Till next year!

John n Glenn
New Jersey

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J L
Jesse H, Manager at Awol, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

WOW. I cannot give enough thanks for your kind words. My whole staff takes great pride in treating our guests just like family, essentially exactly how you have described them. From everyone here, we just want to thank you for noticing and taking the time to give them credit for the hard work they do, to make every guest feel welcome and attended to, as well as keeping the rooms spotless. . We enjoyed having you stay with us immensely, as we love our return guest/friends who appreciate the Moors and its beauty for what it is, and take advantage of our great location to enjoy sunsets, high/low tide, and all the other beautiful aspects. It was nice to see you over breakfast and we are all wishing you a great Summer! We look forward to seeing you again next year. Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with everyone; I know it takes time to write such a thoughtful review, I really appreciate it.