We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Victoria House
Ranked #51 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My partner and I stayed in room 1 with private bath and it was perfect for our visit over Independence Week. It's a quiet location on Standish street yet centrally located. As mentioned in previous reviews you are literally in the very heart of Ptown, with Commercial street just a few feet away. The large queen bed provided for great sleeping after nights out on the town. Some very nice bonuses were the large mini fridge, the large shower and the air conditioner worked great! We really needed this during our stay as temps climbed into the 90's on many days. In addition the room was immaculately clean and tastefully decorated. There is also a very nice continental type breakfast spread on the back terrace every morning which consisted of croissants, fresh fruit, different pastries every day, juice, cereal, greek yogurt and coffee. You will not find a better value in all of Ptown and will definitely have a very comfortable stay. Victoria House is one of a kind for this central location and felt like staying in a friend or family's guest room, rather than a guest house.

Also, kudos to Jim for being such an accommodating host! From the time I booked the visit way back in February he went above and beyond providing very useful information via email and over the phone. Jim made great suggestions to ensure our visit went seamlessly. This was quite useful as first time visitors to Provincetown. Jim also went out of his way to suggest a great restaurant the last night of our stay, Fanizzi's by the Sea, which looked delightful. Unfortunately we didn't get in... We'lll have to go there next time. Victoria House would definitely be my first choice next time in Provincetown.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

What a great find! My husband and I stayed here which was supposed to be two nights but ended up only being one night due to a glitch with BookingBuddy.com. When we arrived, our reservation was completely cancelled out. Jim, the manager, swiftly swung into action and accommodated us for that night in a lovely room with a private bath while arranging for us another night's stay at a nearby inn, now that's customer service! Our room was extremely clean with a very comfortable bed, mini fridge and flat screen TV. There is a secluded patio where you can enjoy a very nice continental breakfast as well. We spent time on the porch that had a lantern candle where you can do some very entertaining people watching. You are literally steps away from Commercial Street, which is a huge plus for the price you pay to stay here. Jim was working like a dog cleaning rooms, maintaining the property, setting up and breaking down the continental breakfast, he was quite an accommodating host. I definitely recommend this gem to anyone looking for a very nice place to stay with a fantastic location. I would have given it a five-star but my reason for not doing so is because they have no parking. Don't get discouraged, however, there are two parking lots within a very short walk that charge a nominal 24hr fee. It is worth it to stay at Victoria House!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

So whats the catch you would think? Victoria House is a very unique setting. Its a huge, old I guess Victorian house. The only downsides I can come up with is the bedrooms are cozy and you share the bathrooms with other guests.

But its really a stretch to find negatives. The bathrooms were very clean. The room although cozy was clean and very comfortable. The settings are very private, so my fear of having a shared bathroom did not transpire. What really stood out was the location. For the cheapest price in town, you would think its away from the action. But that's 100% wrong. You step outside and you are literally right in the middle of the beautiful village. Not even on the outskirts of town, but smack in the middle. One block from the storefront beaches and bars, half a block from the bike rental place (A must have there!!).

Staff was unbelievably amazing! I literally talked 15 minutes with both associates that do the check-ins. The same guys prepare the free continental breakfast. It was certainly more than enough for my bf and I. Did I mention the staff was beyond nice? I was given a beach umbrella, sun block, and almost given BUG SPRAY without even asking. He just lent it to us so we can enjoy our time on the beach. It was almost like they treated us like family.

This was my first review in years and I made it a purpose to make sure that I wrote this review. I strongly recommend everyone, gay, straight, young, and old to visit this wonderful and affordable oasis in the heart of town!

Room Tip: Just a general tip for all travelers to P-town. BRING BUG SPRAY!! Rooms didn't have it. But y...
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was just perfect. AMAZING value. The manager was so helpful, there whenever we needed him, and really helped me and my wife with booking a special table at a really nice restaurant for our aniversary/great beach tips and generally just a really nice guy. The room was simple,clean and comfortable, the bathroom etc was all super clean. The location is fantastic. Overall I would absolutely recommend this place, no doubt at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed at the Victoria House this past weekend and it was perfect. The room was clean, it had a nice size refrigerator and our own entrance. I can't say enough about the location. It is in the heart of the Commercial Street area. We parked the car upon arriva, at the Pier at the end of the street (very close to the room) and left it there all weeekend until we left P'town. We were able to walk everywhere. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was an average size with it's own bath and entrance. NOT all rooms are like this, we ju...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Clean, GREAT location and the staff is wonderful. I was in a room with a brand new bed and slept like a baby. They also have flat screen TVs in each room with a better cable selection than I've seen in most hotels. The shared bathrooms are always immaculate as are the other common areas. For the price I paid, I was expecting a lot less. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My mom and I made a last-minute decision to take a drive to P-Town, and we came across this lovely Inn. The room (#1) was charming, beautifully appointed, clean and comfortable. Our host Jim made us feel right at home and he was willing to go the extra mile for us. Thank you for your hospitality and amazing service! Victoria Inn is in a great location, just a very short walk to resaurants and shops. Nice little courtyard with tables to dine at, or just hang out and relax. This is now my "Place" when I come to P-town!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family