“Perfect stay...exceptional service”
Review of Victoria House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Victoria House
Ranked #51 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at the Victoria House last summer and I'm only finding time to write my review now. My experience was exceptional on every level.
I booked online and emailed in advance with car rental queries etc. Jim Twist (innkeeper) responded promptly and informatively to all my queries.
When I arrived in Provincetown, the inn was but a short stroll from the ferry to end of pier. The location was perfect and he house had a charming Cape Cod summer holiday feel that I remembered from childhood. Jim was there upon arrival to give me a warm greeting and show me around. I had booked the smallest room in the inn which by European standards was quaint and well thought out. At first glance, it may seem like a tight space but everything that one would need is provided for in the room, including fridge, tv etc. There was no ac but none needed as there were powerful fans and a big skylight that opens over the bed. The breezes were wonderful and I could hear the ocean at night. It is In back of house so very quiet. I booked the room for 5 days and didn't want to leave. There were two roomy and spotlessly clean bathrooms adjacent to my room which were usually empty so I had sense of having them to myself. Jim checked in with me throughout stay.
On 4th day of stay, my mother decided to join me and I asked Jim if there were any rooms available. He offered the largest room at a very reasonable rate which was very kind considering it was high season. While I was busy attending a conference next day, my mother said Jim greeted her and was most gracious and engaging. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The Victoria House would appeal in particular to Europeans travellers and those who appreciate understated, gracious service.
There is a parking lot conveniently located across from the inn where I was able to park rental at reasonable rate. All restaurants, entertainment and action are a few steps away. I would have no hesitation staying here again as Jim was very professional and location was fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kate2366

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Victoria House this past weekend. We visit Provincetown many times a year, and this was our first time staying here. The location simply cannot be beat. The manager was very friendly and accomodating. We were not able to arrive at the inn during business hours, however with one simple call to Jim, he took care of everything and he had everything ready for us when we arrived late in the evening. The room we stayed in was a first floor private bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and inviting. We would definitely recommend a stay here to anybody looking for a nice getaway in Provincetown.

Room Tip: Room #4 offers a private deck in the rear of the house, away from the street also. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was a last minute booking, following a wedding in Rhode Island, and came at the suggestion of our innkeeper in Bristol, R.I., whose own property, the William Grant's was a delight.
Ours was a queen size bedroom, but fronting onto a noise Provincetown street, with late night revellers passing right outside our ground floor window until the early hours, and then the municipal street sweeping vehicle seemingly coming into the room at 5am.
For the price we paid we were disappointed with the lack of amenities; no tea/coffee maker in the room, no hair dryer, the breakfast element only applies in July and August, and the "bathroom" little more than a small toilet with a minute shower and the basin in the bedroom. We will certainly give Victoria House a miss next time.

Room Tip: We didn't see the other rooms, but avoid the street level room fronting the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
VictoriaHouseInn, Manager at Victoria House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Sir and Madame, In response to your low rating on of your stay. I would like to point out a few things. One: we are a mid range affordable guest house, we are not a luxury bed and breakfast with a lot of luxury amenities. Two: You called at 6:50am to book this room, which quite honestly is inconsiderate. I gave you a discounted rate on a very attractive room, and even explained to you this had a WC European type bathroom and you were quite aware of that before you even finished booking. You came during off season when we do not have a full time staff due to lower occupancy except during weekends. Three: I was the sole person on duty handling every function of the inn. I had postponed a medical appointment for 2 days in order to be here and take care of some internal business. I left you a welcome letter, instructions about parking and breakfast, and keys to your room. 4: This is an antique house standing 170 years old and Provincetown is known for a big of raciness after hours, but it lasts briefly. Most people comment on how surprisingly quiet the rooms are. For the amenities we offer, we are a most generous and attractive inn in PTown. I suspect you would have been happier in a 5 star B&B and not a budget minded guest house. I also suspect any level of effort on our part would not have pleased you. I was here the entire time you were registered and not once did I hear anything from you during your stay. Your review is biased and frankly inaccurate and if you should ever return to Provincetown, I suggest a little research before booking same day last minute on a lark. We do our best but not everyone is pleased. I could not help but notice your wife had posted a similar review of us only a couple of hours after your (late departure). Our reviews are 99% positive and your review contradicts almost all of them. That says something about expectations and accuracy of the review. I even bid you farewell upon departure and reiterated I regretted not being able to be here at checkin after office hours. You smiled and said to me "Not an problem. Farewell." I am truly sorry you disliked the inn so much as to write such an negative (unfair) assessment. Mildred and I go out of our way non stop for over 250 days with no break to assure guests satisfaction. We have never been publicly dismissed as inept and offering terrible service...it simply is not true, If ever in PTown again I would be happy to either upgrade your room to our largest room, or if you wish, a luxiry deluxe property you may feel more comfortable with. Sincerely, James Twiss, Manager Victoria House Provincetown, Cape Cod, Massachusetts 02657

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed for four nights in July. The room was comfortable and beyond clean. The location is amazing and surprisingly quiet for the center of town. The manager and other staff were friendly and helpful. I loved the breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank slz50
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed at Victoria House for 2 nights. Great location, right in the centre of Provincetown, very clean and quiet, generous breakfast and an extremely kind, helpful manager, very knowledgeable about the area (plus, he has good taste: he likes Annie Lennox :-).

Besides all the parties going on, Provincetown is a poetic place with a soul (like the house), do take the time to rent a bike (30 seconds on foot from Victoria House) and explore the surroundings, get lost in the dunes and listen to the wind and the sea.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are small, if this is a problem for you check when booking what kind of room you...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed two nights, on the last week of August. We had booked a double room with shared bathroom, but when we arrived, we were upgraded to a double with private bathroom, with no additional charges. The room was very nice and comfortable, and the bathroom impeccable. Delicious breakfast too, with fresh bread, yoghurts and fruits. And the staff was considerate and helpful! The location is perfect, just 2 min away from the harbour.

Room Tip: Lovely double room on the ground floor, but maybe the upper floor is more quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed here recently during Carnival week and what a great place. For the price the location couldn't have been beat. I was looking for a place that was near everything but not way off the beaten path, and this is right off the corner of Commercial St. and Standish St. maybe a 10 minute walk to the fast ferry. We stayed in room 2, which had its own private bath. The room was decent in size, CLEAN, had an air conditioner, mini fridge, tv, and closet space. The bathroom was small but efficient and again clean. Jim the property manager is just a sweetheart and really takes pride in his work. In the morning he puts out a little spread on the common patio (where it is perfect to sip wine, have some nibbles and enjoy the ocean air) which consists of some yogurt, juices, local baked goods, cereal and really good coffee. I can't speak for the shared bathroom rooms, but I would surprised if it's anything less than what I described. Looking forward to coming back!

Room Tip: Room 2 is great, only thing it's on the street side which gets sunny early. Rooms 3 and 4 have a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends