“Great breakfasts in Provincetown”
Review of Devon's - MOVED

Devon's
Price range: US$3 - US$34
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: re-OPENING APRIL 29th, 2016 for weekend schedule until JUNE 13th when open 6 days (closed THURSDAY) Call for reservations or more information
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Good breakfast with a view from the back and outdoor seating out the front. Nice range of options for breakfast and dinner.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Only open on a limited schedule, delighted we found an almost empty restaurant early on a Friday night. Only one occupied table but we patiently waited for the hostess to break free from her texting to work us in.
The lack of adequate lighting made reading the menu and wine list a challenge but our waiter helped things along with the verbal "specials". The wine list was "ambitious" to say the least (read very expensive with only a few selections under $40) so instead of a bottle to accompany our meal, my wife decided on water and I went for a glass of Savignon Blanc ($11 for smallish serving). We each received a slice of bread as a "bread course".
We both opted for the daily soup "special" which was a yummy blend of tomato, fennel, onion,spinach and shrimp with avocado. We both agreed it was delightful.
I selected a lobster risotto "special" as a main course and my bride decided on a lobster cake (an appetizer) as her main course. She hit a home run with the lobster cake and I crashed and burned with the risotto. Lobster flavored wallpaper paste was the best way I could describe it.
I trust we just caught them on an off-night because their reputation indicates they are capable of better.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Three friends and I were walk ins on Sunday evening and had the place to ourselves for quite a while. The food was good, with clean clear tastes in the Bouillabaisse, but the service was rushed and the man serving took two plates away while the other two guests were still eating!
The soup starter was a little disappointing too as the flavours were not balanced. We all left uncertain of the experience and I am not sure I would go back again.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Food perfect, excellent service and we were 'walk in's '. Great menu, and the portions are real, and edible.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and I went to Devon's after being married on the beach and had a fabulous meal. The portion size aren't big, but just right. The food is excellent. We had a romantic table outside because it tends to feel a bit cramped inside since it is so small.