“A must do in Ptwon”

Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Provincetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale-watching off the coast of Cape Cod led by expert naturalists.
kellyconn7997
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A must do in Ptwon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

I never thought about doing a whale watch but my friend wanted to plus compared to Boston prices this was so affortable - $36 with AAA. I am so glad I experience this. We had a really good whale watch. We saw a ton of whales. We saw whales nursing, whales perching, whales jumping out of the water, and whales waving goodbye to us. It was so amazing how close they came to the boat. I recommend the sunset cruise. Sunsets in Ptown are amazing! Have a great time and you will see whales!

Hartford, CT
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Very Poor Customer Service; This Customer Did Not Feel Cared For”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

I made reservation at 8:00am for a 12:30pm departure. I was told on the phone that there was an AAA discount. When I arrived at the ticket booth at 12:15pm to pay for my tickets, I realized I left my wallet back where we were staying about 5 minutes away. I just had credit cards and cash. I asked for the AAA discount and they would not give it to me. I said I will go back and get it. They said if you go you will give up your space. Either pay now or don’t go. I felt put in a bind and paid, and was given slight discount anyway, but less than the $3 AAA discount. Yes, my bad for forgetting the AAA card.

I felt I was treated wrongly when they failed to give me notice to arrive early which would have allowed me time to get my AAA card. I asked to speak with the manager. They directed me to Sue, the manager. She was rude and disrespectful, and said I was told to arrive 30 minutes early. I told her I was not told to arrive 30 minutes early. Oherwise, I would have done so, and if I had could have gone back to get my AAA card. Sue basically accused me of lying. I couldnt believe her nastiness.

Dolphin personnel chose to give up on good customer service and insisted I forgo the $2.00 on a $105 bill (rather expensive for my two children and me) rather than address the matter to the customer’s satisfaction. That showed me Dolphin cares little about good customers service skills in all aspects of its business.

My credit card company, on the other hand, understands good customer service and credited me the $2 without issue.

Maybe Dolphin Fleet has grown too big over the years to care about its customers. If there are other whale watching companies, I would choose another company who appreciates getting the business.

5 Thank Pleasuretraveler
Bristol
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Non-US address? Cannot make online booking....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

Like the previous reviewer, I was unable to book online as I'm not a resident of a US state (even though there is a dropdown menu asking you which country you're in). Having not prebooked a trip in Provincetown, I ended up taking advantage of good weather and going whale watching from Boston instead. LOST SALE GUYS!

3 Thank bristolfarmboy
Pasadena MD
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Wonderful spring day in the sun - with or without whales!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

You always take a chance on seeing whales but it is so exciting when you do. We saw 3 different types of whales and multiple sightings. One came up right beside the boat two times. May not be as fun if it is raining, but if you like it outside - this is well worth it. However, there is a comfortable inside which was heated when we went. Not sure if it is air conditioned or if you would even need it there in the summer.

2 Thank PasadenaWoman
Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unable to Make Online Reservations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

This might be a good activity to take in while in Cape Cod, however their online booking website is set up such that if you are not a resident of a US State (I am a Canadian) the page does not allow you to complete the booking. There is also no email address on the page so there is no way to notify them of the error other than making a long distance call. So, while this may be a very nice experience it's not one that I'll be able to enjoy!

2 Thank Codkisser