“Great experience”

Secret Garden Inn
Ranked #11 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Very beautiful guest house in a top central position but in a quite environment furnished with very good taste.
Host very friendly and smart guy.
Breakfast can be improved while Wifi connection is excellent
We would love to come back

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My second stay here (and quite possibly my first with new owners) - it could not have been more lovely.

My GF and I had a fabulously relaxing time, we felt quite at home, and cannot wait to return, not only to Provincetown, but to visit our new favorite human, Michael.

This is NOT a party house, and is not for cranky people... if you are a grown up who wants to get away to a tranquil spot in the middle of hectic Ptown... this is your place.

a great location for walking about town... and very close to the wharf if you decide to take the Ferry.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are great, however captains quarters has a private bath.. if that is something you...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My girlfriend and I celebrated our anniversary with a trip to P-town. The Secret Garden Inn was the perfect B&B for a wonderful weekend. Our room was cozy and impeccably furnished with an amazing view of the Pilgrim Monument. There was a small deck upstairs close to our room as well as a large covered patio that looked out on the beautiful garden. The lovely breakfast was served in a nice kitchen/living room area of the inn.

The location is perfect too. It is just off of Commercial Street, down a quiet landscaped alley, steps from the main wharf and one of the bus stops. Being so close to Commercial Street, it is steps from nearly all of the social life, restaurants, shopping, and landmarks in P-town. Michael was a fun, friendly, and accommodating host. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heshi P
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the perfect place to stay in P-town. I almost want to keep it a secret because it is so convenient to everything in P-town. Located down an alley right off the main wharf. The distance from Commercial Street is a sound buffer and also the Inn is surrounded by the most beautiful, peaceful garden. Michael, the owner could not be more delightful. The rooms are comfortable and clean, sharing the bath with a friend was no problem and the peace and quiet the garden and the Inn provides are a welcome respite at the end of the day. Michael provides a lovely breakfast and we ate outside on the porch. One night I had take-out and ate in the garden. Just a great place to be if you want the best of both worlds.

Room Tip: I stayed in Port-Side and the bathroom was right outside of my door...very convenient. Although I wa...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Missoula
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I did not actually stay here, there was a computer glitch and I booked one room at different location- computer said reservation not made, then booked here. Discovered the other reservation went through despite being told it didn't, and the owners would not let me out if it. The owner of Secret Garden Inn allowed me to cancel reservation although no refund was due at the late date, they gave me a full refund. I am grateful and find that speaks really highly to the customer care you would receive there. I am from MT, but if I ever return to the cape I will make a point of staying there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Long Island City, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Secret Garden is a really wonderful getaway, yet it's right off Commercial Street and across from MacMillan Wharf. Trees and a well-cared-for garden create a peaceful buffer between the inn and that always interesting social life of Provincetown. We stayed in the Cape Cod room, and on our next visit in the Crow's Nest - both were comfortable, pretty, and well-kept. We so enjoyed the deck, where you can gaze at the garden over your coffee and croissants; the Crow's Nest opens onto its own private section of deck, sweet and cozy. Michael is a thoughtful host - we felt more at home than we've felt traveling anywhere else. Cannot wait to go back. (Plus, parking!)

Room Tip: We really loved the private part of the deck that the Crow's Nest includes. Both the Crow'...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Binghamton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had a wonderful experience staying here. Michael has such a warm and funny personality. He makes you feel right at home. My girlfriend and I stayed in the "Captains Quarters", which was beautifully decorated and clean. The bed was comfortable with an awesome sky light. The garden is peaceful and beautifully taken care of. It is perfectly located to be able to walk to everything on Commercial Street. We will definitely stay here again when we visit P-town and I definitely recommend here for your stay!

• Stayed July 2014