“Awesome Vacation Once Again”

Carpe Diem Guesthouse & Spa
Ranked #6 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We love Carpe Diem and come back every year! It is the best guest house in P-Town. The owners are so friendly, and their staff are attentive, friendly, and very helpful. The breakfasts are amazing with specials and eggs offered every day along with so many other wonderful options. Then they offer a great wine and cheese hour giving guests the opportunity to meet and share their daily activities. We have been fortunate enough to make numerous lasting friendships with other couples that were also at the Inn. The spa is beautiful and relaxing. The location is perfect to get anywhere you want to go in town. Needless to say, our week at Carpe Diem is our favorite week of the year!! Thanks again boys:-)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Carpe Diem is an amazing Guesthouse - it is located downtown, easy walking distance to everything while quiet and tranquil. The breakfast is the best experience I ever had, owners and staff are respectful, friendly and professional, and did I mention the beautiful decor ? There is a room for every taste, the rooms are carefully described on the website - we stayed in 4 different rooms, each was a 100% comfortable experience. All in all, from arrival to departure Carpe Diem is a world class guesthouse. Our experience has been SO consistent that we several times decided to give business contacts a gift-card for a Carpe Diem stay. Everybody has loved it.

Room Tip: Big fan of Robert Frost room and the The Thoreau Cottage
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Himmelims
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The best place to stay in P'Town. It's a vacation in itself. You don't even need to leave the guesthouse to enjoy your entire stay. From the great staff, the amazing spa, awesome breakfasts or just the quiet peace from the courtyard, our stay couldn't have been more perfect. Rainer, Jurgen and Hans as well as the entire staff made our stay truly memorable -guaranteed we'll be back again and again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the carriage house are the best, beautifully decorated and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Spent a very special weekend here with my family. We were made to feel special from the first moment.
My daughter in law and I both had a massage which was amazing.
The atmosphere was very relaxed and the service was superb.
Would visit again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I can't say enough good things about Carpe Diem. The location is perfect, quiet but close to everything. The rooms are well appointed and garden beautiful -- simple, relaxing and makes you feel like you're really on vacation someplace special. The food is wonderful - they take such care in preparation and presentation of breakfasts and the guest happy hours are really nice. But mostly it is the staff -- they are attentive without being intrusive; always helpful and pleasant. And the spa is great; i had a massage with Robert and it was terrific - but i'm sure that all the massage therapists are outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Have been going to Ptown for many years and stayed at several different guesthouses, but we continue to come back to Carpe Diem. Everything about it is first rate. From the very friendly and professional staff, the incredible breakfast, the luxurious linens and finely appointed rooms, to the complementary afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres, our stay was fantastic. I completely forgot about life back home and became stress free for a few days. Everything about this place was first class, and I just can't see us ever staying somewhere else in Ptown again. Many of the other guests were repeat visitors and it is easy to understand why. Carpe Diem is head and shoulders above the other guesthouses that I have stayed in throughout my travels.

Room Tip: View the rooms on their web site. Each room has a different feel, but all that I saw were A+
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been vacationing at Carpe Diem every year since 2001 and still get depressed when I leave. Rainer, Jürgen, Hans and the staff make it a dream vacation each and every year, providing the kind of service I usually only see in Europe's finest hotels. I won't spoil the surprise by telling you what awaits you, but the personal service, dining reservations, room extras, spa, massages....., ahh! I even alternate the rooms I stay in so I can experience the charm of the Far East or sit by the fire place and read Shakespeare (each room has a theme). I chose this wonderful "auberge" to get married and every year brings new memories and great new friends.
Danke schön!
Robin

Room Tip: I love the upstairs rooms so I can sit out at night and see the Pilgrim Monument lit up.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends