I'm a big fan of packing up and going on trips, no plans, and just winding up wherever the wind takes me. This past weekend it took me to Provincetown for the first time.
When you're driving down the main street, this hotel is like a beacon in the night -- all lit up, it looks simply beautiful against the dark night. We decided we had to stay here. Arrived quite a bit late, and with no reservations, we only had two rooms to choose from. One was a lovely king room, but we chose the king suite, 208.
The room was spaceous, and well-appointed. It had a king four-poster bed, two chairs, a table, a refrigerator, a fireplace, and my favorite, a huge, huge, huge whirlpool tub. The ceilings were so high that the room seemed very large.
The room felt really chilly, but the fireplace warmed it up nicely. Yes -- this is an actual, heating fire place, not a faux-fireplace thing stuck on the wall. It was so cozy to have the fire running. The bath was divine, completed perfectly with the fluffiest, nicest bath robe to welcome me when I was done.
There is a balcony in this room which is perfect for smokers, as there is no smoking allowed in any of the rooms. It had two chairs, and overlooked the rest of the property and the courtyard -- which is quite a nice sight.
The bed was comfy, and although I was initially disappointed by the fact that there was no heavy down comforter, I realized I didn't need it with the fire.
Breakfast was good, made-to-order which is more than I'm used to getting at a hotel offering breakfast for free.
My only complaint is that the pillows are horrible. They're those flat pillows with zero fluff, the ones that give you a headache. If they replaced these old things with feather pillows, this would have been a perfect 100% stay.
The location is great -- just one block from the main street. Because it was off the main path, it was very, very quiet. Yet we could still walk to the shops and restaurants in just a few minutes.
Highly recommend this hotel, you just may want to bring your own pillow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our historic 4 Diamond inn in Provincetown, steps to shops, restaurants, galleries, and the beach. A couple of blocks away from world famous whale watching. Our inspired Provincetown lodging includes 40 rooms in 6 historic buildings enveloping a beautiful pool courtyard. Enjoy unforgettable massages and treatments at our award-winning spa or enjoy amazing cuisine at our romantic Pointe Restaurant at our Provincetown hotel. Experience luxurious rooms and suites with fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, private decks, and wonderful views that rival all other hotels in Provincetown, MA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Pointe Historic Inn And Spa
- Crowne Pointe Historic Hotel Provincetown
- Crowne Pointe Historic Provincetown