“Beautiful!”

Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We chanced upon this gem, off season. Beautiful room with fireplace, soaking tub outside in garden, great restaurant dinner after complementary wine and cheese (great selection in a relaxing cozy room downstairs from lobby), complementary breakfast with made to order omelets...$130! Wine selections in room reasonably priced (cheaper than same wine in restaurant). Walking distance to charming town sights. Spa on site not used. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We had the room right in front off the street (201); probably too noisy in season.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words, Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2012

We decided to stay in Provincetown as it is the furthest point on Cape Cod - great in theory but a long drive from Boston Airport! On arrival we were immediately relaxed by a drink and chat with the delightful South African owners/managers. Nice, spacious room and close to all of Provincetown's amenities. We only had a day there (sadly) and enjoyed the art galleries and the whale watching trip (not to be missed, but do listen and take the sea-sickness pills!)

The inclusive breakfast is excellent and a treat on a relaxing morning and the early set up enabled us to have something before the drive back to Boston.

If we ever return to Provincetown we will definitely choose Crowne Pointe.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on trip advisor.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

It had always been a dream of mine to visit Cape Cod and a dream vacation I had. Charming is the word that first comes to mind when I think of the Crowne Pointe. The rooms are very clean and taken care of. The robes are even great. The fact that they offer such a quality breakfast every morning pushed my stay over into the amazing column. I expected cold cereal and maybe a muffin if I was lucky...what I got was the choice of eggs benedict, omelets, breakfast burritos, and pancakes. And how cute are the lobster pagers to let you know that your meal is ready? My only "complaint" is that the tv was a tad too small...is that even a complaint? LOVE YOU PTOWN! LOVE YOU CROWNE POINTE!

Also, love you John at the front desk, the most attentive man ever!

Room Tip: Eggs Benedict were delish!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

We are so glad that we made your dream vacation, we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Well, where do I begin? We were shown to our very small room, a little disappointing! No bath, just a shower. We were told that there was complimentary wine and cheese from 5-6pm in the club room, so we toddled down and were very impressed with the selections of wines and cheese, also there were crudités and little cheese biscuits, delightful! Breakfast was OK, I don't know why Americans can't do scrambled eggs, but it always looks and tastes like broken omelette!
We had an issue with their wifi, as my husband had to have access for his business, when I asked at reception, I was told that I was just not doing it properly!! I informed her that I knew very well how to join a wifi, eventually she conceded that there was a problem and went off to sort it out. Not one apology!!!
We felt that customer care throughout was really lacking and for that it is not among our favourite hotels of our trip.

Room Tip: I have no idea, but don't have the gold room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank caroleNorfolk
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that the room did not meet with your needs. The room that you booked was one of our Pamper Me Once Level rooms which is the least expensive, perhaps looking for a larger room for your next stay is a better idea. Our rooms are a fantastic value considering all that is included such as your cook to order breakfast, your access to the spa, wine and cheese and our amazing intown location. We look forward to the prospect of welcoming you back for a stay that will restore your confidence in all aspects of our hospitality, should you find yourselves vacationing again on Cape Cod. I know that we are capable of performing much better than what your lasting impressions of our efforts were, based on the above review.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Ideally situated, just a short walk from the restaurants and galleries of Provincetown. Visiting at this time of the year was probably not a good decision because most places in town were closed as were the bar and restaurant at the Inn. We really appreciated the complimentary wine and cheese, which gave us a chance to meet the other guests and chat for a while. As its turning chilly I would have appreciated some slippers for wearing in the room as ours had a wooden floor which was quite cold. Otherwise the room was fine, although a little noisy as it was right on the road.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue H

Thank you for your review. Starting November "The Pointe" restaurant in the Inn is open Wednesday to Sunday.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The hotel is spic & span...The food, breakfast et dinner, is very, very good. The cheese & wine at 5pm are more then welcome...The personnal is kind & helpfull. Above all, I recommand it!

One bemol...it is cold in the lobby and specially downstair where the wine it is been served

Room Tip: We had the red room; king size bed and 2 showers side by side! 2 windows in a corner. Nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoseeHarpin

Thank you for your review and your helpful hints.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I'm a big fan of packing up and going on trips, no plans, and just winding up wherever the wind takes me. This past weekend it took me to Provincetown for the first time.

When you're driving down the main street, this hotel is like a beacon in the night -- all lit up, it looks simply beautiful against the dark night. We decided we had to stay here. Arrived quite a bit late, and with no reservations, we only had two rooms to choose from. One was a lovely king room, but we chose the king suite, 208.

The room was spaceous, and well-appointed. It had a king four-poster bed, two chairs, a table, a refrigerator, a fireplace, and my favorite, a huge, huge, huge whirlpool tub. The ceilings were so high that the room seemed very large.

The room felt really chilly, but the fireplace warmed it up nicely. Yes -- this is an actual, heating fire place, not a faux-fireplace thing stuck on the wall. It was so cozy to have the fire running. The bath was divine, completed perfectly with the fluffiest, nicest bath robe to welcome me when I was done.

There is a balcony in this room which is perfect for smokers, as there is no smoking allowed in any of the rooms. It had two chairs, and overlooked the rest of the property and the courtyard -- which is quite a nice sight.

The bed was comfy, and although I was initially disappointed by the fact that there was no heavy down comforter, I realized I didn't need it with the fire.

Breakfast was good, made-to-order which is more than I'm used to getting at a hotel offering breakfast for free.

My only complaint is that the pillows are horrible. They're those flat pillows with zero fluff, the ones that give you a headache. If they replaced these old things with feather pillows, this would have been a perfect 100% stay.

The location is great -- just one block from the main street. Because it was off the main path, it was very, very quiet. Yet we could still walk to the shops and restaurants in just a few minutes.

Highly recommend this hotel, you just may want to bring your own pillow!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarieKremlin

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Land's End Inn
1 mi away
Surfside Hotel & Suites
Surfside Hotel & Suites
#5 of 15 in Provincetown

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!