“Crowne Point Goes beyond expectations”

Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My partner and I had our wedding at the Crowne Point. Planning a destination wedding is not any easy task, but Michelle Orsman, Inn manager made it stress free. I'm not a person that gives up control often but, Michelle proved to be every bit a perfectionist as I am, she meticulously saw to every detail. Each member of the staff appears to take great pride in the work they do and the warmth they show to each guest. The Inn is very well appointed and holds a true "Historic Inn" feel. The rooms are not large but are very clean and comfortable. The restaurant serves a wonderful menu and the daily breakfast is exceptional. The best thing about the stay was how important the staff made us feel.

Crowne Point thank you for a wonderful experience, we will be back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are in a very quiet setting, I suggest staying in one of the suites. Our friends s...

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 30th anniversary at the Crowne Pointe. The service was friendly and welcoming. You were not a number, but a special guest. The atmosphere was extremely relaxing. I enjoyed soaking in the hot tub and then proceding to a patio chair and enjoying the cheese, fruit,vegetable, wine and beer buffet. It was heaven!!!!! The back patio with greenery, and fountains, made you feel as if in a private oasis. Breakfast was great and we sat out on the deck with the windows open-AAHH. I would definitely return.
Christine Simonds

1  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Based on a fantastic dinner we had at the Crowne Pointe Inn a few years ago, I've always wanted to go back to stay. So when we were able to sneak away to Provincetown for a few days earlier this month, I made sure and got reservations here. There are a range of room prices, and I definitely did not want to spend the money to go top of the line, so I got one of the less expensive rooms. It was a bit small, but the amenities were great, the bathroom was modern, and what really made the experience outstanding was the staff. From the instant we arrived, everyone who worked at the hotel, from the front desk staff to the housekeepers, the chefs, the people who ran the spa were so friendly, warm, and genuinely nice that I would rate this as the best hotel/B&B experience we have ever had.

The hotel itself is a complex of multiple buildings, most of which are enclosed within a wooden fence that gives the feeling of peace and privacy despite the fact that the place is actually just on the outskirts of all the hurly burly of Provincetown. So while it's very convenient to walk to the heart of Commercial Street, the inn itself is quiet. Within the compound is a small outdoor pool and separate hot tub, both of which are landscaped in such a way as to make the setting feel as if you're at a chic spa. And the spa itself, located on the ground floor of one of the buildings and accessible via a very Asian-feeling walkway through koi ponds, is one of the best I've ever experienced. It is COMPLETELY FREE for hotel guests -- sure, you can pay for a massage or other treatment if you want, but you are welcome to use the facilities, which include a steam room, sauna, heated soaking tub and spa shower as often as you like at no charge.

One of the highlights of our stay was the complimentary wine and cheese hour each evening. A generous selection of very good wines, along with really yummy cheeses, fresh fruit, crackers and baked goods is set out for guests to help themselves, on the patio in good weather, or downstairs in the very posh library cum game room if rain threatens. Even better than the food and drink were the other guests, who were incredibly friendly and entertaining. We had such a good time we almost didn't feel like leaving to go out to dinner.

Breakfast, which is generous, consists of a selection of fruit, yogurt and baked goods, along with custom-prepared egg or pancake choices each morning. It's serve yourself, but you get to eat in either the lovely historic dining room or outside on the sunny screen porch. One thing to note is that you do have to be somewhat nimble to get to some of the rooms, due to having to climb various steps. So if this is a potential challenge for you, you'll want to discuss that with the staff when you make your reservation. But if you're planning to spend a few nights in Provincetown, I can't think of a more delightful place to stay.

2  Thank AuthorFrancesGrote
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my first trip to PTown. We went with a group of 11. We were unsure of where to stay so did some research, read some reviews and settled on Crowne Pointe. It did not disappoint. The hotel is quaint. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Good location. Everyone in our group liked the hotel and we would definitely stay there again.

While we were there, we did check out a couple of other places and when they asked where we were staying and we told them, they all responded that we picked one of the best.

I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: My only complaint was I wish that they would have had room darkening blinds! Staying out to late...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Needed a stress free weekend. Our first time at Crowne Pointe and it was everything and more. I would recommend it to anyone going to Provincetown. The room was beautiful and clean. The staff were great, I hated to leave. They have a nice breakfast, wine and cheese in the afternoon and turn down bed in the evening. We did try their restaurant and have to say the chicken was the best I have ever had.

Room Tip: We decided to get one of the more expensive rooms the executive suite. It was well worth it. Zen lik...
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Crowne Pointe Inn has everything you would expect from a good hotel and much more. Located within an easy walk to the center of P'town, the rooms are very comfortable, each room having a whirlpool and with maid service coming in twice each day we were there. Coffee and juice is ready each morning by 7:20, and at 8:00 the cook will prepare your breakfast to order...all included with the room rate. Breakfast can be eggs, sausage, bacon, muffins, sweet rolls, etc. Further, included with the room rate is a sauna and a jacuzzi. There is a small pool, also. We have stayed in hotels all over the world, and no hotel offered so much with the price of the room. The Inn even has a complimentary wine and cheese event from 5:00 to 6:00 each evening. The staff are all competent, friendly, and helpful. When next we stay in Provincetown, the Crowne Pointe Inn will be our first choice.

Anderson G.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I decided to take a last-minute trip to Provincetown and found Crowne Pointe after reading other reviews online. We ended up booking through an third-party site since we were looking at a lot of last-minute options. Immediately there was a problem when I called the hotel to check on our reservation and they were unable to find it. The staff at the Crowne Pointe were absolutely beyond helpful in resolving the issue, immediately after dealing with the staff on the phone I got the feeling this would be a great weekend.

Once we got past that initial booking problem -- which should be noted was not even the hotel's fault, our experience with the hotel and its staff only got better! The hotel has an ideal, central location in Provincetown, but its central "courtyard"-style layout provided us with a peaceful, relaxing and romantic place to escape, while still being steps away from all the action down on Commercial Street.

My wife and I also enjoyed the complimentary, freshly prepared breakfast in the hotel's restaurant, and "wine and cheese hour" by the pool. These little details, along with the helpful staff gave us a little bit more of the bed and breakfast feel that Provincetown is known for. At the same time, we still had some of the amenities of a larger property, including an on-site spa which also offers complimentary use of its facilities to guests (though a massage or facial will still cost you, of course).

Having been to Provincetown many times as a family vacation, I can say this is not the place for that (the hotel does have an age limit). However, as a romantic weekend getaway, I can't recommend Crowne Pointe enough. We will definitely be returning the next time we're looking for a quick trip to The Cape!

Room Tip: After my booking experience through a third-party site, I would highly recommend booking directly th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Land's End Inn
Surfside Hotel & Suites
Surfside Hotel & Suites
#5 of 15 in Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!