Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
Awol(Provincetown)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewswine and cheesemineral bathsoaking tubsmall poolp towncommercial streetclub roomoff seasonturn down servicecouples massagesteam roomgas fireplaceevery afternooncape codsized bedbreakfast was includedother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2005

I have stayed in Provincetown Massachusetts many times, but this visit has become the most memorable.
The Crowne Pointe is the most comfortable property I have ever experienced. Their hospitality, accommodations, spa, staff, overall layout is second to none.
If you want to be pampered in a friendly, quaint environment, stay at the Crowne Pointe.

4  Thank DavidTony616
Reviewed 17 July 2005

I just wanted to write and commend the owners and staff of the CrownePointe about the wonderful stay I had at their inn this past week. This was my second stay at their inn, with my first stay being 2 years ago in July also.

Although I have never stayed anywhere else in Provincetown, I feel that CrownePointe inn is probably the best one there. I had spoken with another return guest and he mentioned he stayed at another place or two, but felt your place was the best. When I had been planning my 2003 vacation, another inn I had considered was the Brass Key which also looks like a good place to stay. However, when I had looked at their web site, I saw that they only offered a continental breakfast. And what sets CrownePointe inn apart from the rest if that you offer a hot breakfast each day, which is what I prefer to have. I had just looked at the Brass Key web site again and see no mention of any kind of breakfast at all.

This brings me to another selling point about CrownePointe inn. This is the fact that CrownePointe's web site is very well done! They offer a lot of information about amenities, room types with virtual tours of some of the rooms, different services they offer, etc., and the web site has a more professional look to it. The web site for the Brass Key inn looks like it was done by an amateur and doesn't even come close to the CrownePointe. Because CrownePinte's web site is very well done, it makes the guest really feel like they know what they are getting. And I feel like I got what was offered on both of my stays with them.

Also, the grounds were very well maintained and the plants/foliage were well taken care of as I saw an employee watering everything each day.

Thanks again for the great job and keep up the good work! I look forward to my next stay with you!

7  Thank KDB6151
A TripAdvisor Member
Albany, NY
Reviewed 14 July 2005

Just returned from the Crowne Pointe. Hubby and I splurged on the pamper me twice package for our anniversary. Upon our arrival we were told we were upgraded to the pamper me 3x room at no additional cost, which was a nice surprise! Pamper me 3x room is very well appointed. We enjoyed a king sized bed, whirlpool tub and fireplace, although being July there was not a chance to use it. Furnishings and Decor were attractive, although the carpeting was in need of update. I wore my flip flops around in the room constantly because the brown shag carpet felt dirty underfoot. The rest of the place:bathroom, linens etc... was very clean. You can tell the owners take great pride in this establishment. It was very well kept. Grounds are beautiful. breakfast was superb. The Staff were friendly, yet very refined and professional. All in all, we enjoyed our stay. It was our first visit to P-town. We just expected a little bit more, for such an expensive price. We would stay here again though, but only if we are treating ourselves for say an anniversary or Romantic getaway.

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Annandale, VA
Reviewed 6 July 2005

Four days at Crowne Pointe Inn was a delightful experience. The informal laid back atmosphere is a perfect counterpoint to informal, yet more hectic, Commercial Street. The spa treatments are terrific. Crowne Pointe is understated. Each staff person (both at the Inn and at the spa) went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves in an attentive yet quiet way. The breakfasts standout, again in the understated Crowne Pointe way. Enough of a selection not to be boring, yet not too much as to be overwhelming. And of course, delicious. The blueberry sour cream loaf t was a favorite. The owners and staff pay attention to the smallest of details in a way that is becoming less and less common. There were a few glitches in our visit and for these Crown Pointe gets even more accolades. Each was rectified quickly and satisfactorily. Crowne Pointe is a blast!

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 July 2005

This is a fantastic hotel/guest house. We booked here for our first visit to Cape Cod and were very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a Junior Suite (The Presidential Suite) which was super - lots of space, big comfy bed, nice bathroom with a spa bath. Given that this is more of a guest house than a big hotel, the facilities are great - nice little pool with deck chairs; a couple of hot tubs; tea, coffee and cakes available all day, and even a nice bar. The cheese and wine at 5pm every day is nothing flashy but is a nice touch. The Spa is excellent and a wonderful place to chill out and relax - be aware though, treatments come at a price, particulary after taxes and an 18% tip. The restaurant is fairly good, the food is excellent though the atmosphere lacks a little (but then I'm not too fond of the breakfast room conversion to restaurant thing). There are however plenty of very fine restaurants in Provincetown so this is hardly an issue. In all we had a great stay at a very reasonable price. Only bizarre thing (which will be mildly annoying to anybody with a preference for a particular style of eggs) is that only one typeof breakfast egg is available each day and you will not be allowed fried eggs on a scrambled eggs day!

• Stayed: June 2005