“Threes the Charm”

Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 30 August 2005

For the past 10 years I have been vacationing in P-Town and have stayed at quite a few of the guest houses and hotels and not one of them can , in my opinion, hold a candle to the Pointe. I have stayed at the Pointe for the past three years straight and every year it has surpassed all of my expectations. The staff, grounds and rooms are all by far a small piece heaven on earth. This is the first year I was able to experience their new dinning venue, The Bistro. The menu is very gourmet but not fussy and not overly long so your choice is always easy to find. The Spa is a wonderful perk you can have all types of spa treatments and use the sauna, steamroom or the mineral bath. I have had more than one treatment over the past 3 years but, to date my favorite has been the hot stone massage, so worth it. If u are planning on a trip any time soon without a doubt The Crowne Pointe is the place to stay, as long as I continue to visit P-Town the Pointe will be the only destination for me.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank Seqntop

Dallas
Reviewed 30 August 2005

We have been staying at Crowne Pointe for 6 years - at least once a year. The property is very well kept, the gardens (I have watched them grow over the years) and pool area are beautiful and the staff and owners are some of the kindest and most accomidating folks I've ever experienced. The rooms are highly decortated while being extremely comfortable. And the fresh, home cooked breakast each morning and warm cookies and iced tea in the afternoon are always great!

They have managed to grow into a full service resort and spa while keeping the feeling intimate and personal. And speaking of the spa, I had the best massage of my life during my last stay.

It is such a great feeling when the owners pick you up at the airport and treat us like old friends. Ptown is a very special place that is only made better by this wonderful property. It truly feels like a second home.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
nyc
Reviewed 28 August 2005

I arrived at the Crowne Pointe witha week of dancing and exercising in mind only to have a bad bike accident within the first 15 minutes of my stay there.Doctors orders were no sun and lots of rest....turns out to be the perfect place for a week indoors or out of doors.The breakfast easch morning gave me the opportunity to meet freindly people who gladly invited me to lunches and dinners.When I would have been at the beach, I was in my comfy room with whirpool bath and great comfy bed and tv.Cocktail hour brought great wine tastings and cheese and then later on to return to my room where differnt treats awaited me at night.My host were so sweet and took extra good care to make sure my trip was one to remeber..which I will...I have rebooked for next week already.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Edgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 August 2005

My boyfriend and I just returned from 8 perfect nights at the Crowne Pointe. Our room (a Pamper Me 3 Times) was beautiful—very comfortable king size bed with incredible sheets, a whirlpool tub in a spacious bathroom and large windows on 3 sides! The room was spotless and cleaned everyday. Each night, our beds were turned down with a candy left on our pillows! Just wonderful.

The entire environment at the Crowne Pointe is warm and inviting. The pool, 2 hot tubs and gardens are beautiful and always perfectly clean. Both the owners and the staff are friendly and always quick to help with anything—from serving a cocktail by the pool to making dinner reservations. The complimentary breakfast is also great—something different every morning. And on top of all of that, there's also the Spa and the Bistro on the grounds—both incredible.

The mix of guests (gay, lesbian and straight) is also a reason to visit the Inn. Everyone was really nice and there weren't any small children—a definite plus if you want a relaxing vacation. Every day at 5pm, all of the guests met by the pool for complimentary wine, beer, cheese and crackers. It's the perfect way to start the evening—and the perfect way to get to know everyone.

This was my 3rd visit to the Crowne Pointe and I look forward to many more visits. In fact, we're already booked for next August—can't wait!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2005

My partner and I enjoyed our first stay in Provincetown at the Crowne Pointe. As they say, it's all about location. The Crowne Pointe is located right in the heart of P-town but was tucked away just far enough from the hustle and bustle of Commercial Street but not too far away so as not to be too far away for a short walk into town. The accomodations were great. We were upgraded to a two-floor suite with all the amenities including a kitchen, living room, and cozy upstairs bedroom with a fireplace (note: it was July so we didn't use the fireplace). The staff was terrific and went out of their way to help, especially with this being our first-time visit. It was nice to wake up and come downstairs to a hot breakfast each morning before heading out for a day of fun and sun. While the beach is walkable, it's a looooooonnnnngggggg walk. I'd recommend taking the shuttle or biking it, but I digress. Thanks again to the Crowne Pointe for its outstanding service and ability to meet our needs (thanks again for lending us a beach umbrella when we forgot to get one -- it was a little detail but really meant a lot)! We continued onto Boston where I had a business conference and had a horrendous stay at the Hyatt Regency, but that's another story.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 August 2005

I have stayed in Provincetown Massachusetts many times, but this visit has become the most memorable.
The Crowne Pointe is the most comfortable property I have ever experienced. Their hospitality, accommodations, spa, staff, overall layout is second to none.
If you want to be pampered in a friendly, quaint environment, stay at the Crowne Pointe.

4  Thank DavidTony616
Reviewed 17 July 2005

I just wanted to write and commend the owners and staff of the CrownePointe about the wonderful stay I had at their inn this past week. This was my second stay at their inn, with my first stay being 2 years ago in July also.

Although I have never stayed anywhere else in Provincetown, I feel that CrownePointe inn is probably the best one there. I had spoken with another return guest and he mentioned he stayed at another place or two, but felt your place was the best. When I had been planning my 2003 vacation, another inn I had considered was the Brass Key which also looks like a good place to stay. However, when I had looked at their web site, I saw that they only offered a continental breakfast. And what sets CrownePointe inn apart from the rest if that you offer a hot breakfast each day, which is what I prefer to have. I had just looked at the Brass Key web site again and see no mention of any kind of breakfast at all.

This brings me to another selling point about CrownePointe inn. This is the fact that CrownePointe's web site is very well done! They offer a lot of information about amenities, room types with virtual tours of some of the rooms, different services they offer, etc., and the web site has a more professional look to it. The web site for the Brass Key inn looks like it was done by an amateur and doesn't even come close to the CrownePointe. Because CrownePinte's web site is very well done, it makes the guest really feel like they know what they are getting. And I feel like I got what was offered on both of my stays with them.

Also, the grounds were very well maintained and the plants/foliage were well taken care of as I saw an employee watering everything each day.

Thanks again for the great job and keep up the good work! I look forward to my next stay with you!

7  Thank KDB6151
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Land's End Inn
Surfside Hotel & Suites
Surfside Hotel & Suites
#5 of 15 in Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!