“Sheer Heaven!”

Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Swampscott, MA
Reviewed 27 May 2006

I treated myself to a couple of days away from the world (friends, family, partner) and it was well worth it. I pampered myself at the spa and the room at the inn was very nice. The staff of the Inn and Spa were all so very nice, warm and welcoming. I wasn't made to feel awkward for travelling alone the way some places can make you feel. I felt very relaxed and was so sad when it ended. I can honestly say, this is my new favorite place to stay in Ptown with or without others! I will most definitely be back!! and have told others as well!!

The Inn is beautiful, the staff is nice, the spa is relaxing and its all steps away from great shopping! What more could you ask for (besides a longer time to enjoy it...lol)!
PA, Swampscott, MA

• Stayed: May 2006

Reviewed 23 May 2006

If you will be travelling to the Provincetown section of Cape Cod, Massachusetts, look no further than the Crowne Pointe Inn for your stay. Let me tell you - this was the second time that my wife and I stayed at this Inn, and it gets better all the time. We were greeted with a wonderful surprise - the Innkeeper had upgraded our room to the same room we had last year; namely, the Presidential suite, at no extra charge.

This room was built for relaxation and comfort, including a king sized platform bed, an in-room fireplace, and jacuzzi tub. In addition, the room is decorated with a Victorian flare, and classical music greeted us when we arrived in the room, thanks to an in-room stereo. In addition to the free upgrade, we were presented with a complimentary bottle of wine; a gift for returning to the same hotel again.

At night, our blankets were turned down, and a selection of chocolates were placed on the pillow. In the morning, a complimentary breakfast is served in the dining room, and if home cooking is what you are after, this is the place for you. Fluffy scrambled eggs, french toast with cinnamon sugar, fresh fruit, muffins, yogurt, you name it! They even squeeze their own O.J. Mmmm!!!! The grounds of the hotel are also built for your relaxation in mind. There are two outdoor jacuzzis, and they are heaven! There are also dozens of cushioned chaise lounge chairs that you can relax on while snuggling up with a good book.

I forgot to mention that you can also partake in any of the spa treatments that the hotel offers, including a massage! Another great thing about this hotel is that the main street in the area (Commercial Street) is only a block or two away. You can walk along this strip in search of the perfect dinner, antiques, or fudge. So, if you are looking for a romantic getaway in the Cape, I strongly recommend the Crowne Pointe Inn. Go for the Presidential Suite! It's worth the extra money! Five stars all the way.

1  Thank eddie11426
Reviewed 21 May 2006

We just got back from two nights at Crowne Pointe and are already counting the days until we can go back! From the warm and helpful welcome by Cheryl and Jean-Francoise at the front desk to the energetic and good-natured teasing from John and Richard in the kitchen/dining room to the playfulness of Daphne in housekeeping, the staff felt like family from the get-go. Our room was equally homey and welcoming; though we didn't figure out that the presence of a large group of teddy bears was a nod to the room's name (The Roosevelt Room), we did figure out how to unwind and relax in an enormous, cushy king-sized bed housed in a well-furnished, impeccably clean HUGE room with downy soft carpet and lots of seating room. The bathroom housed a claw-foot whirlpool tub (who knew?!?), the bath amenities were luxurious and the only thing we missed was a magnifiying mirror (I will also note that since I am just over 5' tall, the sink was a LITTLE high, but standing on my toes rectified that nicely). Room 206 had three exposures, so when the rain cleared up we were able to get a LOVELY cross-breeze and bring a little of the scrumptious P-town salt air in. The short walk to town was good pre- and post- gorging exercise and if perhaps we also indulged our credit cards a bit much, we have no consumer regret at spending at such charming and unique shops. Coming back to the Crowne Pointe for the goodies in the evening reception and the opportunity to soak our aching legs in the hot tubs put a perfect end to our days in Provincetown and sealed the fact that we will be going back as soon as we are able!

2  Thank Wendyful
Lancashire,UK
Reviewed 19 May 2006

We were here at the end of our three week tour of New York and New England both in our sixties - flying from UK - travelling all over without a car . We stayed at the Inn for five nights -during the floods and extreme weather - and although we would have appreciated better weather we were so pleased that we had chosen here .

We went for the basic package but the room was fantastic - second floor corner position with two windows -one over looking Provincetown complete with sea views ( on the rare moments when the mist had cleared ) . You climbed up into the colonial bed with Abe Lincoln looking down and the thunder and lifghtening paled into insignificance . It was very cold for the time of year with incessant unseasonal rain but the heating was fine - you increased the temperature by hightening the thermastat- so we were warm and cosy .

Most of the staff amazingly friendly - all extremly helpful . Lots of extras - complimentary afternoon tea with cakes & bread- complimentary socialising cheese & wine gatherings . Expansive breakfasts including hot entrees with blueberry scones to die for- so we had to add several pounds to our total when asked for our weight on the great flight via Cape Air and despite the terrible weather we have very happy memories of our time here - If ever we make it back to the US of A - we would certainly retain Crowne Pointe on our itinery

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 May 2006

When I tell other people about the Crowne Pointe I say it's the nicest place I have ever stayed and I truly mean it. I came here for a romantic, off season get away and it's exactly what I got.

It's in a great location, easy walk to Commercial St. but quiet. Our room (located in the main house) the first evening was lovely and comfortable but I did find that I awoke early (I am a light sleeper) because I smelled blueberry muffins! Later on that morning I asked the owner if we could be moved and it was done without so much as a blink. Our next room was incredible, two floors, a fireplace, kitchen and two bathrooms.

We had two days at the spa, massages and scrubs. The staff there was gentle and helpful, we were both so relaxed!

We had dinner there one night, and it was quite good. Breakfast all three mornings was tasty and generous.

I can't say what the Inn would be like in high season, but I suspect they handle a full house just as well as a quiet one.

Outstanding stay and memories that will be with me a long, long time.

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank Serena_S
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed 2 May 2006

My wife and I definitely enjoyed our stay at CPHI&S in late April 2006, but we felt that our admittedly lofty expectations derived from seeing these glowing Tripadvisor reviews were not fully met. Don't get me wrong; this is a fine place. But I don't think it's worth the 4.5 stars it currently has.

The Good: The location is pretty convenient to downtown P-town; there's a municipal parking lot nearby; there's a bar and restaurant onsite; there's a spa onsite; there's a swimming pool onsite. Almost everything you might want is within fairly easy reach.

The Not-so-good: The prices are high; our room was small, dark, and gloomy; the heating is centrally controlled and wasn't ever really right; the patio has a view of an unattractive school building; while full-service, the hours of the kitchen are good but not great (give up hope for lunch after 2pm).

The details: We stayed in a "pamper me 3 times" room with a whirlpool tub and a fireplace, on the lower level of one of the back buildings, formerly a carriage house, according to the literature. While unifying, the decoration of the room was downright gloomy: dark red walls combining with fairly little light may be cozy to some but was subtly contricting. We definitely enjoyed the whirlpool tub. But in late April, during a cold weekend, the heating in the building was up so high that the fireplace went almost completely unused. We called the front desk several times, where they eventually turned the heating in our room completely off. But unfortunately it was still too hot, probably heated indirectly by the adjacent rooms.

We ate on-site one night, and it was pleasant. Probably the best part was the wine, a Cakebread red. The food was a solid four stars. We were sad to find that the only chocolate dessert had sold out, and we were stuck with a creme brulee concoction that wasn't ideal.

The wine/beer/cheese reception daily 5-6pm is a nice touch. Beware if you don't like Chilean Concha y Toro, however.

Service was good. One chap at the front desk is extremely formal, and he came off a little supercilious to us, but I think he was erring on the professional as opposed to chummy side. We found that the spa had misplaced our reservation, setting us back a day. This was only a minor irritant, as it actually got us out of the house and out whale-watching on a fine day. Breakfast is generously served until 11am, which suited us quite well. But don't try looking for lunch past 2pm. Since Commercial St. is nearby, though, that isn't a huge hardship.

Altogether, this is a nice hotel. You will spend a lot of money. If having a spa on the grounds is your thing, it's great. If what you're looking for is a great place to stay, maybe try something less expensive and a little airier and prettier, like the Carriage House on Central St. We stayed there our last night during this trip and liked it much better.

• Stayed: April 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 April 2006

I really loved this inn, and would recommend it highly. The staff is incredibly helpful and pleasant, even the gentlemen cleaning the grounds. I did not have a chance to use the spa, but I will in the future.
The room was beautiful, and immaculate, though small (I made a last minute reservation, and small was all that was available). We even had a gas fireplace!
The complimentary breakfast was lovely, including fresh fruit, juices, pastries, eggs, pancakes, etc.
The only reason I did not give the Inn 5 stars is that it is not remotely handicapped accessible. I have difficulty walking, and there are stairs everwhere, inside and out, some quite steep. And the parking lot is a block away. In fairness, the hotel is authentically antique, so accessibility is tough to achieve.
Even so, I would go there again, though next time I will request a first floor room.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank nancysparkle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Land's End Inn
Surfside Hotel & Suites
Surfside Hotel & Suites
#5 of 15 in Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!