“Fantastic service”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Long Island, New York
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed 31 July 2006

My husband and I just returned from a 3-day trip to this inn, celebrating our 20th anniversary. It's a beautiful place, and the service was terrific. Everyone was friendly and helpful and did everything they could to make the trip lovely (special thanks to John, the guest services manager, for helping us get an early start on our day of departure). Our room was spacious and full of antiques, and had a fireplace and large bathroom with a jacuzzi. We had a very nice dinner there one night, and the complimentary breakfasts were great....scones, blueberry breads, variety of cereals and yogurt, plus two made-to-order dishes (blueberry pancakes, eggs and bacon, french toast...). And GOOD coffee all day. I had two spa treatments -- the almond body scrub was particularly luxurious (done by Laura--who remembered my name each time I came in the spa). The pool is tiny, but fine for a dip to cool off. Very nice grounds. We'll definitely go back!

• Liked — The friendly service and the beauty of the place, and the central location
  • Disliked — pool is tiny
  • Tips/Secrets — No kids under 16 allowed
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
10 Thank twoplustwo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
New Jersey
Reviewed 21 July 2006

We stayed there the week of July 10 in a Pamper Me Three room which was very clean and comfortable and nicely located.

Originally I selected I Pamper Me Twice Room using the Inn's website only to have the page lock up on me after hitting the submit button. Not knowing whether the room was booked and my card charged, I called the Inn only to be told that the room type I desired was somehow never available. I then booked the more expensive room. Given that we were making the trip on short notice I didn't think I would find a comparable room for much less.

It seems that they have a problem with technology. Made dinning reservations on line at the Bistro only to find out they had no record of it when we showed up for dinner. No problem - they seated us anyway.

The Shui Spa was a disappointment. We booked a treatment on line and received a confirmatory e-mail. When my companion shows up at the appropriate time she is told they "have no record" of her in the computer but remember the request. They offered little else other than an apology and rescheduled her for the next morining. Since that was our departure day, it sort of made things a little rushed and less enjoyable. Also, when she arrive the next morning, the spa staff person said that he was not that familiar with the treatment she requested but would do the best he could. Of course, they charged the same.

Two other things ended our stay here on down note. The Inn has a strict 11:00 check out policy. This would normally be no problem for us. Since her treatment was rescheduled to 9:30 AM, due to their mistake I might add, we could not avail ourselves of the Inn's breakfast. When we checked out, I asked if I could leave my car until we got breakfast. They insisted that I had to move it to the municipal lot. This, I have to admit, pissed me off a bit.

The last annoyance was my car window. When we arrived, the attendant who assisted with our luggage graciously offered to park our car, which I accepted. I twice reminded him to please close the passenger window and tipped him rather well. Sadly, when I went to move the car I find he never did this. So not only was the car left unsecure, it rained very hard the day before and the seat and carpet fairly well soaked.

All in all I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this place despite these shortcomings. But I would advice anyone interested in staying here to double check all arangements and not take good service for granted.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
13 Thank drawoh
Dix Hills, NY
Reviewed 17 July 2006

We just returned from a stay at the Crowne Pointe Historic and and Spa in Provincetown, Mass. and had a wonderful time. We were very impressed with how well the inn was run, how beautifully decorated it was, with the excellent food and fabulous breakfasts. Most impressive, however, were the wondeful staff. Everyone was extemely friendly and helpful. The spa was excellent and I got the best 80 minute combination Swedish/Deep Tissue massage in my life! The location of the Inn was also perfect...one block from the center of town and 5 minutes from the beach.

4 Thank hemad
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2006

We stayed at the Crowne Pointe and had a great stay. The staff from the start was happy and helpful. There was a GREAT meal evey A.M.the room was clean and the bed had fresh sheets and great mattress and pillows. I will go back there anytime Im in town.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 June 2006

This inn is by far the most beautiful and well maintained place we have ever stayed. The rooms are elegant and the grounds, breathtaking. The rooms, pool and jacuzzis were immaculately clean. The staff and guest services impeccable. If you feel you should be treated like royalty on vacation and have spent your hard earned vacation money well... then this is the place!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa
Reviewed 14 June 2006

This was a very pleasant Inn to stay in. We enjoyed the accomodations, but did not feel it was an incredible place to stay. Any questions we had were answered, the rooms were nice, the location was excellent. Highlights for us were the spa, which was very relaxing and a great way to spend a couple of hours. The breakfast each morning was also very good. Nice gesture as we were leaving was to give us a cookbook with the recipes that were served at breakfast in them.

Overall, we would return to this location.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank chucker999
Boston
Reviewed 13 June 2006

This was the only place where we could book one evening in July. We paid quite a bit for it, but the money was well spent. This is my new favorite place!!

3 Thank tonywinner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
#1 of 15 in Provincetown
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!