“loved the crowne pointe”

Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 19 August 2006

very friendly. helpful staff. good location. had pamper me three times option and use of the spa

4  Thank drruss

Reviewed 14 August 2006

As we headed up the hill, the Crowne Pointe Inn's magnificent main house came into view and I knew we had made the right choice for accommodations in Provincetown. Pulling into the parking lot we were greeted by a friendly staff, eager and ready to help us check-in. The on-site parking is convenient. The staff showed us to our suite through the manicured grounds of the hotel property and we were more than pleased with the space we were shown. Luxury amenities were waiting from the flat screen TV to the fire place and the whirlpool tub; it was romantic and sophisticated all at once. The bed was a slice of heaven with crisp, clean linens and pillows to die for. I particularly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning with its selection of freshly baked pastries and fresh fruit. It was a perfect way to start off a day of sightseeing, which was only outdone by the free daily wine and cheese tastings that greeted us upon our return in the evening. We also spent a day in the Inn's Shui Spa and were once again made to feel like royalty. Its Asian decor is a calming contrast to the hustle and bustle of town, and our treatments (massage and facial) were first-rate performed by a knowledgeable and attentive staff. We made a day of it, pampering ourselves with a healthy and tasty Spa lunch, which was waiting for us upon completion of our first treatment. Dinner at the Inn's restaurant was equally as satisfying with its inventive dishes that stimulate the palate and a wine list worthy of its surroundings. I give this property my highest recommendation and will return next year. In fact, our reservation are already on the books!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank kmm2fl
Reviewed 6 August 2006

Overall a good hotel - but three negatives - the pool is miniscule, the hotel, in the centre of town, is rather cramped in its site, and we were not told it was "Family Pride Week." So having read the TRIP advisor reviews about it being great for couples, we were somewhat uncomfortable being the only straight couple in the hotel! Looking back on their web site - the photos do not show just how small the pool is - and as this was one of my key factors for chosing the hotel, I was disappointed. But I have perfected my swimming-on-the-spot style!

However, the rooms were very comfortable and well, if slightly over furnished for their size, and the bathrooms large and well equipped. Service was very good, and the breakfast excellent. We had one dinner in the Bistro, and, although a little cramped, the food was very good.

Our whale watching trip was utterly spectacular.

17  Thank PiperTui
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Thanks for your review. A schedule of events can be found both on our web site as well as several town web sites. Provincetown is a town that is highly excepting of all people so we do not take issue with or promote any specific weeks such as Family Week, Bear Week, Womans Week etc. Please do research related to events during your stay or ask us on the phone and we would be happy to provide you with any information you may desire.

Reviewed 31 July 2006

My husband and I just returned from a 3-day trip to this inn, celebrating our 20th anniversary. It's a beautiful place, and the service was terrific. Everyone was friendly and helpful and did everything they could to make the trip lovely (special thanks to John, the guest services manager, for helping us get an early start on our day of departure). Our room was spacious and full of antiques, and had a fireplace and large bathroom with a jacuzzi. We had a very nice dinner there one night, and the complimentary breakfasts were great....scones, blueberry breads, variety of cereals and yogurt, plus two made-to-order dishes (blueberry pancakes, eggs and bacon, french toast...). And GOOD coffee all day. I had two spa treatments -- the almond body scrub was particularly luxurious (done by Laura--who remembered my name each time I came in the spa). The pool is tiny, but fine for a dip to cool off. Very nice grounds. We'll definitely go back!

10  Thank twoplustwo
Reviewed 21 July 2006

We stayed there the week of July 10 in a Pamper Me Three room which was very clean and comfortable and nicely located.

Originally I selected I Pamper Me Twice Room using the Inn's website only to have the page lock up on me after hitting the submit button. Not knowing whether the room was booked and my card charged, I called the Inn only to be told that the room type I desired was somehow never available. I then booked the more expensive room. Given that we were making the trip on short notice I didn't think I would find a comparable room for much less.

It seems that they have a problem with technology. Made dinning reservations on line at the Bistro only to find out they had no record of it when we showed up for dinner. No problem - they seated us anyway.

The Shui Spa was a disappointment. We booked a treatment on line and received a confirmatory e-mail. When my companion shows up at the appropriate time she is told they "have no record" of her in the computer but remember the request. They offered little else other than an apology and rescheduled her for the next morining. Since that was our departure day, it sort of made things a little rushed and less enjoyable. Also, when she arrive the next morning, the spa staff person said that he was not that familiar with the treatment she requested but would do the best he could. Of course, they charged the same.

Two other things ended our stay here on down note. The Inn has a strict 11:00 check out policy. This would normally be no problem for us. Since her treatment was rescheduled to 9:30 AM, due to their mistake I might add, we could not avail ourselves of the Inn's breakfast. When we checked out, I asked if I could leave my car until we got breakfast. They insisted that I had to move it to the municipal lot. This, I have to admit, pissed me off a bit.

The last annoyance was my car window. When we arrived, the attendant who assisted with our luggage graciously offered to park our car, which I accepted. I twice reminded him to please close the passenger window and tipped him rather well. Sadly, when I went to move the car I find he never did this. So not only was the car left unsecure, it rained very hard the day before and the seat and carpet fairly well soaked.

All in all I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this place despite these shortcomings. But I would advice anyone interested in staying here to double check all arangements and not take good service for granted.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
13  Thank drawoh
Reviewed 17 July 2006

We just returned from a stay at the Crowne Pointe Historic and and Spa in Provincetown, Mass. and had a wonderful time. We were very impressed with how well the inn was run, how beautifully decorated it was, with the excellent food and fabulous breakfasts. Most impressive, however, were the wondeful staff. Everyone was extemely friendly and helpful. The spa was excellent and I got the best 80 minute combination Swedish/Deep Tissue massage in my life! The location of the Inn was also perfect...one block from the center of town and 5 minutes from the beach.

4  Thank hemad
A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 July 2006

We stayed at the Crowne Pointe and had a great stay. The staff from the start was happy and helpful. There was a GREAT meal evey A.M.the room was clean and the bed had fresh sheets and great mattress and pillows. I will go back there anytime Im in town.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Land's End Inn
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Seaglass Inn & Spa
The Seaglass Inn & Spa
#4 of 15 in Provincetown

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!