In my opinion, what you pay for is the Location. The hotel itself is very old and the rooms rae pretty outdated. The sheets on the beds don't really fit the mattress, the wood panels on the walls were old, and really everything looked like it was from the 60s. But the room was clean and the view was very nice.
One of the 2 front desk persons, I think his name was Rhydian, was fanstastic: polite, offered to make reservations at restaurants, told us where to go and what to do, delivered a complimentary bottle of white wine which was quite good. Though I KNOW I asked the other lady to book my reservation to July 2, she booked it to July 1. THANKFULLY, they allowed us to stay one more night in the same room which was wonderful of them.
I don't think I'll stay there again but I'm sure it is suited for many other people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Masthead offers distinctive accommodations in an authentic Cape Cod setting. 450 Foot Private Beach. Sun Deck On The Water, Boardwalk, Spacious Lawns, Beautifully Landscaped Grounds, Comfortable Lounging Chairs, Central Heat, Within walking distance of fine restaurants, coffee shops and center of Town. The restful beauty and quiet of our grounds and lovely gardens bordering the boardwalk and sundeck provide a favorite rendezvous for guests who lounge and enjoy the beautiful vista of Provincetown Bay and miles of ever-changing Cape scenery. The Bay is a haven for sailing and water-skiing. Golf & tennis are nearby. Art classes and Art galleries are only minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Masthead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masthead Hotel Provincetown
- Masthead Motel Provincetown