“I liked it.”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Los Angeles
“I liked it.”
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I've wanted to write a review of this place for awhile, but finally got around to it.
I liked it. Our room was great. I saw something previously about a person of color feeling uncomfortable. I'm a person of color and felt that I was treated with respect. Its more rustic than a 5 star place, but the room and bathroom were clean. I don't spend a lot of time in my room when I travel anyway. We had a great water view with a nice little back porch. I enjoyed my experience there. You can walk or bike from the main drag, but you can take a bus for a minimal amount.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
LarryProvincetown, General Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Thank you for the nice review. I appreciate that you took the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you come back again this summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Hebrew first
Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Provincetown Inn recently. I was immediately impressed by the courteous staff member upon check-in. Walking to my room I first noticed the paintings on the wall which reflected the vast history of Provincetown. Along with description of what you are looking at. Entering my Hotel room I could see how this hotel prides itself with cleanliness The rooms are spacious very comfortable and the view from our room magnificent. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I love the murals that are spread out accross the hotel too. They were all painted over 40 years ago by local artist Don Aikens. There is a page on our website dedicated to our Murals. There is also a link to Don Aiken's website. He is still active painting and sculpting. He stopped by about a year ago to revisit his old works.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We were a group of approx 12. The meeting and lounge areas were great, comfortable and served our needs very well. Great variety in the breakfast offerings, something for every one. Room was very clean and well equipped. Staff was friendly and helpful - Nury at front desk, Georgette for our rooms and Trinidad proving breakfast. We felt right at home and will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2011
Thank you for the very nice review. I have already shown it to our staff. We look forward to having you back next year. Thanks again.
Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Our stay at the Provincetown Inn was truly relaxing and beyond our expectations. We decided to getaway for a leisurely weekend in the off-season to basically relax by the sea with some friends. We could stay in the hotel because there was a list of restaurants that deliver provided by the accommodating staff or drive a short time into town and eat out or have drinks with friends! This Inn is close enough to the action and far enough to get away from it as well. We will be booking in the summer because of this awesome experience we had!
I would recommend this hotel for the old sea town feel it provides and the awesome location. While we were there we heard that room 23 in the Inn was haunted!! That intrigued us to come back also! Also the contiental breakfast was more like a buffet!!! Yummy!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
Thank you for your very nice comments about the Inn. We look forward to seeing you in the Summer. Thanks again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 February 2011

The Provincetown Inn was perfect for our family. We had 6 rooms near eachother. We enjoyed the ocean view room. The views are fabulous. Very near the down town area. It had a nice free breakfast. The rooms were clean (not luxurious) but very comfortable. I think people can be very picky and we didn't agree with the negative reviews. I would reccommend getting a first floor room with a porch.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Old, but charming hotel. Good location. Food was great and chef Alfredo become our friend just after a minute talking to him :) People are friendly. Saw couple funny drags shows. Had problem with Internet with Windows 7. Spoke with other people who've had same problem and in other hotels as well. For some reason Windows 7 has problems with connection to local servers.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 12 January 2011

We booked online after viewing, and chose a room in the building leg near the advertised heated outdoor pool. We thought it was a good off-season rate, though it wasn't the best rate, but we formed the impression that the location would be worth the higher cost and the heated pool was an attraction.

We arrived at 3PM and from the first it was a negative experience as the desk clerk was less than friendly and gave no acknowledgment of my presence while I stood there waiting for her to finish whatever it was that occupied her attention. After a cursory unsmiling check-in, with no directions to the room's location, I had to ask just where it was located. When I asked about the pool hours, I was told the pool was closed for the season!

When we came to the room and opened the door we were greeted by a hot pink bedspread with a HUGE grease stain in the middle of it over a foot in diameter! I was shocked, but we decided to make the best of it, and simply remove the spread and stash it in the too small closet. The rooms are old, the floors uneven, the furniture shoddy and worn. We then unpacked to settle in, and shortly thereafter went out to explore the town and later had dinner.

When we returned to the room for the night around 10pm, we were aware of the neighboring room hosting a party, complete with a barking dog, and spilling out onto the mini-patio adjoining ours. (The info we had got stated no pets were allowed.) We tolerated the very intrusive noise until 11pm when I went to the desk to request that management ask them to quiet down, which the clerk said she would do. When midnight came and still the party noise continued I again dressed and walked to the desk and told them it was intolerable and that we must be moved to another room away from this partying. So at midnight we had to pack up our belongings and make our way across the courtyard to the opposite leg of the building where we were at least able to sleep, which we did immediately.

Come the morning when we first went into the bathroom in this second room we were greeted by a ring of BLACK MOLD encircling the tub surround! And I don't mean a hint of mold. It was gross. I reported this to the chambermaid I found in the hallway and she told me that mold happened all the time and she would have to bleach it out, which she did while we were out of the room.

By the way, this bathroom has a window which opens directly into an interior corridor! As one walks down this corridor one passes each room's potentially open bathroom window! Not attractive from the outside, and certainly no privacy from the inside.

Overall the location affords great views, but unfortunately it is also located adjacent to a public access walkway, and the rooms being directly on ground level, one actually has no privacy at all, either in the room unless the drapes are drawn, and especially none sitting out on the "private" mini-patio where one might as well be sitting on a downtown sidewalk for all the walkers and bike riders passing.

All in all, this was truly a nasty experience and we will never, ever, return, and we have also warned anyone who considers lodging in Provincetown to steer clear of this old probably once charming, now disgusting, dirty, and unfriendly dive.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wajon

Travellers are raving about these Provincetown hotels