“Funky property, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Provincetown
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Funky property, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

My friend and I happened upon this hotel by chance.It was ideally located, at the end of the peninsula, away from the busyness of being right downtown. Easy walking distance to fun shops and good restaurants. The sea is at your fingertips and the dunes are just a walk away. We loved the location.
The staff is friendly and fun and is pleased to see you.
We loved the beautifully painted murals all over the inside and especially loved the vintage masthead at the base of the stairs leading up to our room.
Our room was spacious and comfortable with cheap polyester bedspreads, but clean. The tub did not drain well, but the water was hot. The in-room coffee is the worst I've ever experienced.
Their complimentary breakfast made up for it, with hot oatmeal, lots of fresh fruit and yoghurt. Staff in the dining room was efficient and pleasant, clearing tables quickly between guests. I loved the little public reading areas everywhere and the unique decorations.
We rented one of the lower end rooms. I'd probably spend a bit more next time and try for an upgraded version.
We really enjoyed this hotel and would return. For the price, it's a great deal.

Room Tip: The less expensive rooms are definitely funky. But they are fine if you are looking for a quiet nigh...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Hebrew first
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

This hotel was expensive for what you got. The bed was hard and the sheets didn't feel so soft. Their was a loud party in the bar area that kept me up and the floors in the hallway were very creaky. This hotel's only saving grace is its location. It's only about 10 minute walk to the main drag and has a beach area in the back with a nice view of the harbor. If the owners tore down this hotel and rebuilt a modern facility they could charge twice what I paid and it would be justified.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Provincetown hotels

Concord, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

My partner and I and 8 kids (mostly teens and one who is disabled and in a wheelchair) stayed here again this year over Labor Day. We had a great time and love the Inn. It is an "aging lady by the sea" as they describe her and we love every inch of her. The staff is fabulous (Roxanne is incredibly helpful) and the continental breakfast was more than pastries! Hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, cereal, bagels, oatmeal, fruit, and indoor or outdoor seating. Our kids all had a blast and could easily walk to Commercial Street (even getting our kid in a wheelchair there was easy enough). It was great! We have stayed there the past several years and will do so again soon!

Room Tip: 156 is wheelchair accessible and has a beautiful view. Love the low tide!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
metuchen nj
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

The Location is beautiful!!but the hotel is GROSS... The pillows were dirty! the room we stayed in was very old...normally I dont mind old..but the ceiling had water stains, the bathroom was gross!!... for some reason the room had like 6 doors?? kinda scary for a Mom traveling with two kids alone...Breakfast was sub par.. to say the least ! this could be such a great place!! Oh and the TV didnt work had to call to have it fixed...Also, no sure what the deal is with the pool but seems as though any one can use it not just guests at the hotel...Dont think I would go back... might go to a different hotel or inn...

2 Thank amy3072
boston, Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I stayed overnight at this hotel so I could see Provincetown and go surfing the next day. Nice place, convenient location, great staff (especially at the bar, and knowledgable Roxanne at the desk). The best continental breakfast I ever had at a hotel. The cable did not work at first, but they fixed it right away.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

The pictures on the internet looked great! but when we got there.......a true disappointment.
We had our two children with us and paid $250 +txs a night! I truly felt like we had just thrown away money. Eventhough it was within walking distance to 'downtown' and the breakfast was complimentary.....it was such a let down. Not at all worth $250 per night..trust me...we have stayed at a lot of hotels. I am not opposed to paying elevated if I feel the rate is justified. For $250 a night, one might perhaps expect a concierge, help to your room, and staff that deliver a smile and go out of their way to make your trip a pleasure.
There was absolutely nothing remotely close to that at this hotel.

Our room had a wonderful view of the pool and the ocean. The room was clean so no complaints in that department. However, this is quite comical. When I went in to register, I was given a room number and a key..........no map! So... I went back to the front desk to ask how to get to the room. A little old lady behind the desk said "OH...you're back again?" I couldn't help but think oh no...is this just a prelude of things to follow? So should you decide to stay here...get a map because there are no signs on the walls indicating where one's room might be!
And don't forget your hairdryer because they don't have those in the rooms.

If the Provincetown Inn showed pictures of the inside of the hotel itself you would think twice for sure. The theme, and I use this term lightly, was truly bizarre. It wasn't even that the place was old, it was just bizarre - I am a history major and I could not follow their historical message through their paintings on the wall - and they were all over! This led me to believe that absolutely nothing has ever been upgraded or improved.Not enough to change your mind...keep reading.

The pool was nice but, my husband had to go to the front desk to ask for a towel as there were none left by the pool. The front desk girl said they would bring some out when they were 'ready'. The pool was packed with people all indeed having towels. A half hour went by and I went in to ask. The girl said there were none available! What...I said....we paid all that money..and no silly towel. I said I was going to take the ones from my room down - she said it wasn't allowed. Soooo....my husband finds one of the staff by the pool and they get him some towels quite easy ! I bet you can't guess why everyone had towels but us..........because half of the people poolside were not guests at the hotel! And that came from the mouth of one of the staff.

And while you might think that these are shallow reasons not to stay at this hotel....you try sitting poolside with no towel , no umbrella and one whopper of a hotel bill at the end of it all......knowing that you had saved all year for the trip.

My advice if you should choose to visit P-Town. Stay somewhere in the middle cape and pay $10 for the daily parking fee in P-Town. You'll see the same things we did at only a fraction of the cost. However, if you do decide to stay at this hotel in mid-summer.....you will see exactly what I am talking about and will go home thinking.......darn....that review was spot on !!!

2 Thank samantha202020202
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

I was utterly charmed by this wonderful old hotel. It reminded me very much of the house I grew up in with the nice sitting areas, fireplaces, and other nooks and crannies. The murals were beautiful. The breakfast had many options to serve yourself and staff was friendly. If you are looking for a gleaming, modern perfection, keep looking, as this place is a bit dated, but clean and all was in working order. The location was wonderful, great views of the bay off the deck outside room 22, nice sitting areas in wide upstairs and downstairs hallways. The shuttle bus stops there every 30 minutes. Nice pool. Small self-serve library in the main foyer (leave your old books if you take one). Loved it all!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
Sandcastle Resort
Sandcastle Resort
#13 of 14 in Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!