“Older, needs some TLC but great location”

Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This hotel is older and needs some work but is located at the tip of Cape Cod. It's location is serene. The town can get a little wild, its not really a place for families. My wife and I had a great time at several bars but my 13 year old son felt out of place. The beaches were great.

Room Tip: As for a room that has been remodeled.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RyanfromIowa

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We went to Provincetown Inn the weekend before Memorial Day. We booked a room on the tip with great views and access to breakwater and small beach on the other side. The location is fantastic and it is a short walk into town for great dining. The room had a king size bed that was comfortable and clean with a remodeled bath. It was adequate but not high end. I really enjoy swimming but the outdoor pool was not open yet but looked very nice. I wish it had an indoor pool. The price was good and I would go there again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with the view you desire. We got a waterview on the tip and it was nice to si...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We had a great family vacation. The motel is only 15 min walk from the city and is right on the beach. We asked Becky, the front desk clerk, where the best place to eat was and she gave us info on a few places and was so helpful with directions. We loved the view from our room, we stayed on the side of the motel where we could see the sunset. We hope to be able to visit again soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My wife,Piccolo(my dog),and myself arrived to find the weather gray but the hotel and staff pleasant, sociable, and very friendly in spite of it. Peter is a great guy to deal with and knows the area very well. Can't thank him enough for helping me book for the 4th. of July weekend.
The room was clean. The beds were very comfortable contrary to what we had read in a review. The breakfast is a typical continental breakfast with good variety, It is adequate to start your day. We liked the location, and loved the ocean view and access. Overall a very enjoyable stay and looking forward to a July holiday return.
PS...You had us at pet friendly.
Have a great day!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

my stay at the inn was really goodt there was some maintainance going on but the staff was very friendly we did have a problem with the bath room and to our surprise two min later there was a women at the door michele was here name she had the problem fixed in no time when she was leaving she asked if we needed anything else i asked if she new of a great place to eat dinner she said victor she told us the address and who to ask for and it was one of the best meals we have had on our many trips to the cape all and all we would stay there again the rooms where fresh and clean the views where breath takeing and many extras we did not expect we give it a two thumbs up .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jesse S
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Older larger one floor hotel at the tip of the outercape. We have stayed there in a room overlooking Cape Cod Bay. Small Room on 1st floor, older decor with beach and pool out front door. Lacks dining room facility. Pool activity from not only hotel occupants but open to surrounding neighbors and public. Music and food at the pool area. Walking distance to center of town. Parking on site and conveniently located to the dunes and beach areas.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We booked a room, online, and used a great coupon food on the Inn's site, giving us a really good rate for our two day, April, 2013 stay. Having never been here, we decided to go with the "waterview" room.

We arrived at the hotel and were checked in, in a courteous and helpful manner. The person at the front desk offered us some literature and a map of Ptown, as well as pointing out which places were open for the season.

Our room was in the Inn part of the resort and on the second floor overlooking the resort pool , with a small balcony. The room was somewhat small (king bed room) and bathroom quite small.

Now, the hotel is located near the ocean and must be like 100 years old, so there was a musty smell. I don't know if this can be helped or fixed, but it is prevasive in the Inn portion of the hotel. I had thought that second may avoid this issue, but it had not. I felt kind of clausterphobic in the room, with the smell and being on the second floor.

So, I took a foot tour of the facility and checked out the other rooms...luckily, this is late April, so there are many empty rooms. In my opinion, the Breakwater rooms looked very nice, as did the Cape Tip rooms, these were RIGHT off of the ocean, in the motel section of the Inn, and the Cape rooms had wooden decks and sun bathing chairs.

I liked the view from the breakwater room best, and they had two double beds (usually room is gonna be bigger than the king only room). it also had a private outdoor patio area, just not as nice as the cape tip room patio. My husband was not all that thrilled with our first room and so offered to see if we could upgrade, for like $20.00, we moved into the new room.

Our new room, seemed fine, much less musty than in the Inn part, plus we just left the heat off and our door open while in the room. The room was fairly spacious, not huge, but decent size, there was a tub in the bathroom, that looked as if the insert was fairly new.

The bathroom was somewhat outdated, like the tile was pink tile on the walls, kinda like the had in the late 50s/60s. The faucet on the sink was kind of gross, the floor older linoleum. Basically not such a great bathroom. It did not have a fan and the window was kinda broken, so difficult to air it out if needed. I didn't spend much time in the bathroom -

We had a decent sized TV, not big, but big enough and a handy small sized fridge. The room could use some upgrading, honestly, but for the price we paid, everything was clean and freshly painted, if not remodeled.

The kitchen was closed as it was off season, but we had a drink at the bar, on Sunday night. The bartender was friendly and offered us some of her dinner (which was very nice of her). All other interaction with the staff went well. Everyone was friendly. There were a number of people around the Inn, sprucing it up for the upcoming busy season. We got some good recommendations for food. The hotel has a free Continental breakfast with a variety of options.

The location for us was fabulous and couldn't be beat. It was right on the far end of commercial street, Day one, we walked into Ptown, and rented bikes for the remainder of our stay, If you have a bike and can bring it or want to rent one do it!! This was the best way to get around town and also there is a fabulous bike trail right near the Inn and through the National Seashore.

On our last day, after we checked out, we asked to leave our car in their lot, as we intended to walk out over the breakwater to long point. There was no problem with this and it was a nice end to our trip.

I know this is long, but I wanted to be detailed. Staff, location, ease in and out of the heart of commercial street (at least for us on our bikes), was perfect. We preferred to be out of the hustle and bustle area. The facility could use an overhaul, but I imagine that would be quite costy, and with the nature of the resort difficult. Overall I would stay again, next time I plan to check out a cape tip room.

Room Tip: It depends what you like. Right on the ocean with patio, pick the breakwater or cape tip rooms. Clos...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple