“Absolutely horrible in every sense of the word!!”

Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
New York, NY
“Absolutely horrible in every sense of the word!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Although it offers great views, the Provincetown Inn was absolutely AWFUL. I cannot warn you enough about it's terrible front desk staff, musty smell, dilapitated & dirty rooms, ugly murals, lack of charm, rude housekeepers and over-crowded pool.

Had I not been staying there for a friend's wedding, I would have demanded my money back and left as soon as I got there. The AC unit was not working for the first 6 hours and it took 3 calls to the front desk before someone came to check it out. It then took 3 trips to our room to figure out it was as simple as resetting the breaker.

I highly advise looking into other accomodations if you are considering a stay in PTown. What I paid for two nights is more than I've spent on 4-star accommodations and makes my blood boil!

• Liked — The view, it was incredible.
  • Disliked — Everything but the view.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Potatopancake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Granted the hotel was old, but it had it's charm. They were in the process of renovating the exterior when we were there. Beds were comfortable and rooms were of a normal motel room size. We were inside the main inn and on the second floor, so we had to walk the stairs, but that wasn't a real chore. Showers were rather small and only one pereson could use it at a time LOL. I was told irons were available at the desk, but I didn't check.

Breakfast was very good and the choices were varied from hard-boiled eggs to fruit chunks. Bagels and muffins were very good. Service was good...although if you hit it wrong at the front desk, you had to wait a bit. The woman at the desk said the restaraunts were not open because they couldn't find cooks. The pool and the beach were excellent as was the lunch menu at the pool (Bar-BQ style fare).

The walk to center of town wasn't bad (0.7 miles - about 1/2 hour), and the cab ride back at night was cheap enough ($5.00). They run until 2 AM during the summer (I think) . There is a shuttle outside the door, but it isn't totally reliable as to service times and it ends around midnight (the bars close at 1 AM).

I would most definitely stay there again, but would bring a car next time I think., even though parking isn't great downtown and can be rather expensive. Bicycle rental is also an option.

• Liked — Pool, Location
  • Disliked — No restaraunt
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank VicCNJ
Bloomfield
Reviewed 15 July 2008

This hotel is not worth the money they make you pay. There is no charm to this old inn, because it is falling apart. The room my friends and I stayed in had a pink blanket tacked to the wall with yellow stains all over it. The floor had one spot that was just about to give out and creaked real loud. The only good thing about this place was that it was close enough to walk downtown. Overall if you are looking for a nice place to stay the pictures do not do any justice, that's why they are such far away shots. Good luck to those who like an expensive shack on the bay.

• Liked — Close to the town
  • Disliked — The inn itself
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank swiatocha

Travellers are raving about these Provincetown hotels

dublin
Reviewed 10 July 2008

I stayed there with my boyfriend for a couple of nights in june. We were really disappointed when we got there because the place did not resemble the website pictures at all. The place is so old and seriously needs renovation. My main problem was the REALLY bad musty smell throughout the whole place. I couldn't even sleep one of the nights due to the difficulty i had breathing. My boyfriend is astmathic and he was in a bad way. We upgraded to a room with a balcony which had a sea view. The beach is lovely and the only plus to this hotel. The staff at reception wern't great and the women checking us in left us standing there for ages before seeing us. Room was clean but bathroom was shabby and tiny. Rooms had no hair dryer or iron which was very inconvienient. The bar wasn't great so better off going into the town. Towns a bit of a walk but we got a taxi in one of the nights which was great. I have stayed in many hotels and can tolerate a lot but i would never stay here again.

• Liked — the beach
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank summer005
Phila, PA
Reviewed 25 June 2008

This is an older hotel with lots of charm! Loved the murals in the halls depicting Provincetown in history. The halls had some musty smell, but that was expected considering the location of the Inn.

The rooms were as expected for a hotel of this age. The beds were newer and quite comfortable. Walls looked freshly painted. Carpeting was well cared for, possibly new within the past few years. Tub had new surround. Sink was small and toilet was close to the wall, but my heavy body fit just fine. Plumbing worked just fine. It was clean and comfortable. Air conditioning worked fine. Refigrigerator was larger than expected. No hair dryer. Towels were like sand paper. Nice deck overlooking the water and pool. Breakfast was adequate with cereals, hard cooked eggs, nice fruit, bagels, muffins, danish, juices, coffee, tea, etc. The bagels were excellent! Only complaint was that they ran out of coffee twice before the breakfast time was over.

No complaints with service, and the banquet facilities were good. Food was good. Space was excellent. No elevator, but I needed the exercise walking the stairs.

Would definitely go back again for another conference.

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Towels
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank GalsPhila_PA
Monroe, CT
Reviewed 21 April 2008

DO NOT stay at this hotel is you have any respiratory issues!!! We stayed over the opening weekend, and everywhere smelled musty and moldy. We were there for a knitting retreat, and they hadn't aired out the rooms at all. The front desk clerks were not friendly at all. There is no elevator to the 2nd floor and they don't have people to help you bring your bags up. We had to help this poor elderly lady who looked like she was going to have a heart attack at any moment, as she was trying to bring her bags up the stairs. I had to bring my roommates bags upstairs because she has major back problems. Everything needs to be updated. The beds were comfortable. The rooms appeared to be clean but like I said, very musty and moldy smelling. Multiple people at the retreat at this Inn developed wheezing and other assorted respiratory issues over the weekend. The waitresses during our banquet dinner were VERY SLOW, however I think they were also new to the job. The food was good though. The bar was good for playing Keno. The view is spectacular. If someone could renovate this historic inn it could be a showstopper.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The smell of the place was terrible.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank fnimuaemae
Cape Cod
Reviewed 6 October 2007

Went on a girls only weekend.Needed to go somewhere close to home because we didnt have alot of time to spend traveling.Provincetown Inn has been there for years and we knew it would be old,however,the Continental breakfast they included had nats all over it so we were unable to eat it.A few made their way into our rooms also.The woman at the front desk was less then friendly.When we asked her for any menus to local resturants her answer was,"I have one and its old.I have a take out menu but the foods not to good."They really need to get someone at the desk that may care a little bit about the place. Found many other places as we drove around to stay at next time.Most everything at this Inn was closed for the season.Pub open for 2 nights,no food or even snacks.If they put a little money and time in this it could be a beautiful resort because of its location.But face it...its ship has sailed!

Stayed September 2007