“Great for school groups”

Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Reviewed 29 September 2008

I have stayed at this Inn with my school group at least 5 times. In fact, we plan on returning again this school year. This is a great place for students to get a feel for standing at the 'edge of the coast,' if you will. We usually stay in the small rooms right off of the main hotel next to the sea wall. The students love to walk down to the lighthouse and collect shells along the way. The Student Group deal includes 2 nights at the Inn with 2 visits by a Naturalist. The first, to show the students baleen and discuss whales and their habitat, etc. The second time with the Naturalists find us on the beach, discussing erosion and pollution and how we can change some of that (through a fun scavenger hunt in the sand). It also includes a dinner, a boxed lunch and 2 continental breakfasts-as well as a WHALE watch, in the price.
I have NEVER been disappointed by the trip and the students love it!! The rooms are small and a bit cottage like-but for the price and the experience-you cannot go wrong!!

• Stayed: June 2004
1  Thank coachmom8

Reviewed 29 September 2008

Attended a wedding the last weekend in September. As previous reviews mention, the Provincetown Inn is seriously dated (circa 1980 at best) and in many ways falling apart. Old, dank carpeting in most wings, balcony doors that leak whenever it rains, tacky decor & murals, a pub that reeks, and (I couldn't believe it) stained sheets covered with holey, thin blankets. I felt more than uncomfortable about what appeared to be unsanitary bedding.

Read the other reviews. Sure, there are some good ones. But overwhelmingly the opinions are the same. Trust me, this place is a dump. Don't bother, even if it someone offers you a free stay!

Should you be invited to an occasion held at the Provincetown Inn, I strongly advise that you secure accommodations elsewhere and make a day visit to the Inn for the event.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank RiceTwig
Reviewed 24 August 2008

THE GOOD: The view is really lovely. Beautiful sunsets and great views of the water.

There was also a mini-fridge in our room, which was convenient to keep drinks and snacks.

THE BAD: Pretty much everything else. As other posters have stated, the hotel is completely outdated and rundown.

The bathroom was downright horrible. We always seemed to have these tiny bugs flying around in there, and no matter how many of them I killed, they kept coming back. My 6'2" husband was too big to be able to close the door to the bathroom because it was so tiny, and there was absolutely NO shelf space to put health & beauty essentials. There was no built-in hairdryer in the room, which was a huge disappointment to me (I have long hair, but I never bring a hairdryer with me b/c I just expect there to be one in the hotel room). The shower had terrible drainage (I was standing in ankle deep water after only a 5 minute shower), and there was a giant air bubble in the tub floor, so every time you took a step, the floor of the tub shifted (definitely a hazard). And the shower liner was covered in mold.

The comforters and blankets on the bed made me nervous, as they looked like they were purchased in the early 90's, if not earlier. Carpets were also in terrible need of being replaced.

We definitely would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kbiviano
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Although it offers great views, the Provincetown Inn was absolutely AWFUL. I cannot warn you enough about it's terrible front desk staff, musty smell, dilapitated & dirty rooms, ugly murals, lack of charm, rude housekeepers and over-crowded pool.

Had I not been staying there for a friend's wedding, I would have demanded my money back and left as soon as I got there. The AC unit was not working for the first 6 hours and it took 3 calls to the front desk before someone came to check it out. It then took 3 trips to our room to figure out it was as simple as resetting the breaker.

I highly advise looking into other accomodations if you are considering a stay in PTown. What I paid for two nights is more than I've spent on 4-star accommodations and makes my blood boil!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Potatopancake
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Granted the hotel was old, but it had it's charm. They were in the process of renovating the exterior when we were there. Beds were comfortable and rooms were of a normal motel room size. We were inside the main inn and on the second floor, so we had to walk the stairs, but that wasn't a real chore. Showers were rather small and only one pereson could use it at a time LOL. I was told irons were available at the desk, but I didn't check.

Breakfast was very good and the choices were varied from hard-boiled eggs to fruit chunks. Bagels and muffins were very good. Service was good...although if you hit it wrong at the front desk, you had to wait a bit. The woman at the desk said the restaraunts were not open because they couldn't find cooks. The pool and the beach were excellent as was the lunch menu at the pool (Bar-BQ style fare).

The walk to center of town wasn't bad (0.7 miles - about 1/2 hour), and the cab ride back at night was cheap enough ($5.00). They run until 2 AM during the summer (I think) . There is a shuttle outside the door, but it isn't totally reliable as to service times and it ends around midnight (the bars close at 1 AM).

I would most definitely stay there again, but would bring a car next time I think., even though parking isn't great downtown and can be rather expensive. Bicycle rental is also an option.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank VicCNJ
Reviewed 15 July 2008

This hotel is not worth the money they make you pay. There is no charm to this old inn, because it is falling apart. The room my friends and I stayed in had a pink blanket tacked to the wall with yellow stains all over it. The floor had one spot that was just about to give out and creaked real loud. The only good thing about this place was that it was close enough to walk downtown. Overall if you are looking for a nice place to stay the pictures do not do any justice, that's why they are such far away shots. Good luck to those who like an expensive shack on the bay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank swiatocha
Reviewed 10 July 2008

I stayed there with my boyfriend for a couple of nights in june. We were really disappointed when we got there because the place did not resemble the website pictures at all. The place is so old and seriously needs renovation. My main problem was the REALLY bad musty smell throughout the whole place. I couldn't even sleep one of the nights due to the difficulty i had breathing. My boyfriend is astmathic and he was in a bad way. We upgraded to a room with a balcony which had a sea view. The beach is lovely and the only plus to this hotel. The staff at reception wern't great and the women checking us in left us standing there for ages before seeing us. Room was clean but bathroom was shabby and tiny. Rooms had no hair dryer or iron which was very inconvienient. The bar wasn't great so better off going into the town. Towns a bit of a walk but we got a taxi in one of the nights which was great. I have stayed in many hotels and can tolerate a lot but i would never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple