“Good times”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Provincetown
Montreal
“Good times”
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Had a great time at the P-Town inn. Prices are very reasonable for P-town accomodations. The walk to the center of town was an entertaining way to start a fun evening. The continental breakfast including fresh coffee is a welcome way to start the day. Plus the inn was nice and close to the beach, several restaurants and bike rental locations. And the pool is great when you feel like just hanging around. Have stayed there twice and will be returning this summer.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I stayed here for the Saturday night of Easter weekend and definitely enjoyed it. I paid for a room with a deck and thought it was worth it - definitely a pretty view and I enjoyed sitting outside for an hour or two at night (bundled up since the temps definitely drop and there was a strong wind). The bathroom was extremely tiny with nonexistant shelf space but for just 1 night I was ok with that. The breakfast in the morning was nice.

I was disappointed that there was no food option at all in the afternoon or at night - the bar is for drinks only and it's the only place open in the off season, apparantly, and the closets restaurant that I found was 1/2-1 mile away in P-town. The walk to P-town was easy though and I had a nice time exploring.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Well I went there with my family and older daughter between Christmas and New years 2009. I am a photographer and wanted to shoot the Cape Cod area. I booked there because I got a great rate and the hotel is in a wonderful location. I think I paid like $80.00 a night. I booked for a three night stay and stayed I think one. First of all let me say this hotel is very, very nice. It's clean. The rooms are clean. The rooms are tiiiiiiiiny. I don't comprehend how "families" pay over $250.00 a night for a room that I had a major problem paying like $70 or 80 for!!!??? What is wrong with people? Just to say you were in cape cod?? The room is tiny. Two beds, a crappy TV, no internet service. The bathroom with a bathtub wasn't larger than five feet by five feet if that. It did not help that after driving around and shooting photos, with a town that was shutdown for the winter and no place to eat, we had to come back to this crowded little room and watch like five channels. Also, it was so bitterly cold and brisk you really couldn't spend too much time outside. So, we left the next day. Now to be fair, had I been travelling by myself, the room itself would have been fine, but the bathroom --- oh my god I wish I had taken a photo but I didn't have a lens wide enough to do it justice. It was horrible with regards to size. Again, for the money I paid I could deal with it but there no way in hell unless gold flowed from the faucets that I would pay over $200 per night seasonal rate! No way.
I did receive a refund as we left the next day. The front desk staff were a couple of older women who seemed to have retired here and were just working to fill the time. Not really personable, but not bad either, just didn't have much to say either way.
So, would I go back to this hotel on or off-season: NO. Now, if you are in love with the cape, and need a place to stay go for it. I quite frankly didn't care for it that much to ever go back.
Enjoy

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Providence, RI
Reviewed 17 February 2010

My partner and I were driving down Cape Cod, just needing to get away from it all, when we stumbled upon this amazing hotel at the very end of the Cape. When we walked inside it looked like something out in the Catskills in 1960- full of beautiful murals from all around the Cape, lots of quiet out-of-the-way cozy seating, we were hooked. Then Marissa at the front desk told us we could have a room right on their private beach facing the sea for a ridiculously low price, and we were doubly hooked. We decided to stay 4 nights.
Our room was on the second floor, one side with a beautiful balcony complete with 2 adirondack chairs and a little table. On the other side our room door was on an indoor balcony overlooking the quaint and comfortable breakfast (breakfast included in the room price!), and seating room complete with couches, comfortable chairs, and a huge fireplace! We were delighted to discover that even though it was February, we could sit on our outdoor balcony without coats because it was so protected from the wind. We had a couple of really sunny days where we spent most of the morning just looking at the sea and snoozing in the sun. At night, the stars really came out. No real light pollution which we were so used to from living in the city. Again, an hour or so every evening was devoted to sitting on the balcony stargazing with a glass of wine.... perfect.
Everyone, from Marissa at the desk, to the maid who cleaned our room and set out breakfast every day (which we attended in our sweats and slippers), was friendly and willing to help.
Now, they even call their hotel an "aging woman of the sea", so if you're looking for ultra-modern conveniences, go elsewhere. But, if you're looking for a quaint, quiet, peaceful, inexpensive place to spend alone with your sweetie, this is your ticket to heaven. We had a terrific time, and will definitely try to make reservations to go this summer.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 January 2010

A friend and I stayed at the Provincetown Inn on Dec. 30 and Dec. 31, 2009 during a New Year's visit to Ptown. Due to the limited number of guests at this time of the year, apparently all guests are placed in the original inn building. Our room and bathroon were very clean, although very small. The decor definitely could use refurbishing. The bathroom sink was extremely small, and there was no counter space at all in the bathroom. The towels were really pretty bad, very scratchy and thin. The room comes with a mini refrigerator. The TV was an old style tube TV which had a display problem, but we really didn't spend time watching TV, so this was not an issue. Other amenities such as a fitness center, WiFi, in-room safe, etc. are lacking. In season, the hotel has a lot of facilities such as the best beach of any hotel in Ptown, a huge pool, multiple restaurants, bars, a gift shop, a location near the beaches, the moors and overlooking Ptown harbor. There is plenty of free parking on site. The hotel is adjacent to the site of the Mayflower Pilgrims' first landing point. As the hotel is on the edge of town, you will need to walk or drive to most attractions, dining, shopping and nightlife. For most people I would think it's an easy and pleasant walk through the West End to the center of town. The historical murals in the hallways of the hotel are one of the best features of the hotel. The hotel staff were very efficient and professional. A very thoughtful gesture was the cocktail party that the hotel hosted early on New Year's Eve for the guests. They served generous quantities of wine, champagne, soda, hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. The facilities and location of this hotel make it a good choice for families or straight couples. In season, I would think most gay guys such as myself would prefer staying at one of the gay places such as the Boatslip, the Crown & Anchor or one of the guest houses that offer more of the party scene we seek on a weekend getaway or vacation.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank bluchip508
Connecticut
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I had read some so so reviews but we were only heading up on a last minute trip and figured the room didn't matter..we weren't expecting much. Thankfully, the reviews were so far from the truth!

We stayed in the main building and loved the feel. It had a nice ambiance and old style to it that we loved. The room was better than I have encountered in many places on cap cod and the openess of the space invited people to mingle, play cards and socialize throughout. I highly recommend this place for the genuine decor and history as well as the comfortable feeling.

Marissa at the desk was great dispite my skepticism upon arrival was easy to joke with. I would highly recommend this hotel. Even if you are staying across in the motorlodge portion, come to the main house for a nice feel and good drink.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank KellyWoo
Upstate NY
Reviewed 5 October 2009

It's a good thing this hotel has the location going for it - because that's about all it has! It's badly in need of paint, both inside and out. Rooms tired and run down. Had a "jetty" view room which was nice and quiet. The man working the reception desk was pretty unfriendly, acted like he was doing us a big favor by giving us a room! Breakfast was included and was nicely done.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple