“probably not the best place off season”

Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Provincetown
Boston
“probably not the best place off season”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

It s old very old, but people may like it. I beleive it s overpriced for what the can offer. The room a tiny small. The staff however does his best to make your stay better.
Anyway the locatio is great but off season Ptown is dead...

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Hebrew first
Austin, texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

This is an old, dirty hotel in a wonderful location! The bathrooms are small and the toilets are so close to the wall that even a small woman has to sit side saddle. It is more comfortable to use the public restrooms in the lobby areas.
This qualifies as one of the grossest places I have ever stayed! If it weren't for the location, this hotel would not be on anyones' list. If it were bulldozed & started fresh, with its location, it could be a world class hotel!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Provincetown hotels

Salt Lake City, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

We were traveling in mid-April and there were very few motels open. One we called wanted $130 for the night and when we drove by, it looked like they were doing major construction. We were about to give up and go back down the cape to find lodging when we saw this place. It seemed a little questionable so we asked to see the room. The place reminded me of the Old Faithful Lodge at Yellowstone in a way. It was built in the 1930's and had a kind of antique charm about it. She gave us a great rate - it came to $77 including the outrageous taxes. The room was small but acceptable. The bathroom (which had plastic tiles on the walls) was tiny, but manageable. The furniture was quite new and nice. The room included a fridge and internet - and a very nice breakfast. There were several places where it appeared that they served food when the place was fully operational, but I think only our "wing" was open. There was a nice gathering area with a fireplace and tables, right outside our door where they served breakfast. There were a few chips out of the paint on the baseboards and doorways where perhaps luggage had bumped, but otherwise is was well kept up. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

Had a great time at the P-Town inn. Prices are very reasonable for P-town accomodations. The walk to the center of town was an entertaining way to start a fun evening. The continental breakfast including fresh coffee is a welcome way to start the day. Plus the inn was nice and close to the beach, several restaurants and bike rental locations. And the pool is great when you feel like just hanging around. Have stayed there twice and will be returning this summer.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

I stayed here for the Saturday night of Easter weekend and definitely enjoyed it. I paid for a room with a deck and thought it was worth it - definitely a pretty view and I enjoyed sitting outside for an hour or two at night (bundled up since the temps definitely drop and there was a strong wind). The bathroom was extremely tiny with nonexistant shelf space but for just 1 night I was ok with that. The breakfast in the morning was nice.

I was disappointed that there was no food option at all in the afternoon or at night - the bar is for drinks only and it's the only place open in the off season, apparantly, and the closets restaurant that I found was 1/2-1 mile away in P-town. The walk to P-town was easy though and I had a nice time exploring.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

Well I went there with my family and older daughter between Christmas and New years 2009. I am a photographer and wanted to shoot the Cape Cod area. I booked there because I got a great rate and the hotel is in a wonderful location. I think I paid like $80.00 a night. I booked for a three night stay and stayed I think one. First of all let me say this hotel is very, very nice. It's clean. The rooms are clean. The rooms are tiiiiiiiiny. I don't comprehend how "families" pay over $250.00 a night for a room that I had a major problem paying like $70 or 80 for!!!??? What is wrong with people? Just to say you were in cape cod?? The room is tiny. Two beds, a crappy TV, no internet service. The bathroom with a bathtub wasn't larger than five feet by five feet if that. It did not help that after driving around and shooting photos, with a town that was shutdown for the winter and no place to eat, we had to come back to this crowded little room and watch like five channels. Also, it was so bitterly cold and brisk you really couldn't spend too much time outside. So, we left the next day. Now to be fair, had I been travelling by myself, the room itself would have been fine, but the bathroom --- oh my god I wish I had taken a photo but I didn't have a lens wide enough to do it justice. It was horrible with regards to size. Again, for the money I paid I could deal with it but there no way in hell unless gold flowed from the faucets that I would pay over $200 per night seasonal rate! No way.
I did receive a refund as we left the next day. The front desk staff were a couple of older women who seemed to have retired here and were just working to fill the time. Not really personable, but not bad either, just didn't have much to say either way.
So, would I go back to this hotel on or off-season: NO. Now, if you are in love with the cape, and need a place to stay go for it. I quite frankly didn't care for it that much to ever go back.
Enjoy

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Providence, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2010

My partner and I were driving down Cape Cod, just needing to get away from it all, when we stumbled upon this amazing hotel at the very end of the Cape. When we walked inside it looked like something out in the Catskills in 1960- full of beautiful murals from all around the Cape, lots of quiet out-of-the-way cozy seating, we were hooked. Then Marissa at the front desk told us we could have a room right on their private beach facing the sea for a ridiculously low price, and we were doubly hooked. We decided to stay 4 nights.
Our room was on the second floor, one side with a beautiful balcony complete with 2 adirondack chairs and a little table. On the other side our room door was on an indoor balcony overlooking the quaint and comfortable breakfast (breakfast included in the room price!), and seating room complete with couches, comfortable chairs, and a huge fireplace! We were delighted to discover that even though it was February, we could sit on our outdoor balcony without coats because it was so protected from the wind. We had a couple of really sunny days where we spent most of the morning just looking at the sea and snoozing in the sun. At night, the stars really came out. No real light pollution which we were so used to from living in the city. Again, an hour or so every evening was devoted to sitting on the balcony stargazing with a glass of wine.... perfect.
Everyone, from Marissa at the desk, to the maid who cleaned our room and set out breakfast every day (which we attended in our sweats and slippers), was friendly and willing to help.
Now, they even call their hotel an "aging woman of the sea", so if you're looking for ultra-modern conveniences, go elsewhere. But, if you're looking for a quaint, quiet, peaceful, inexpensive place to spend alone with your sweetie, this is your ticket to heaven. We had a terrific time, and will definitely try to make reservations to go this summer.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
Sandcastle Resort
Sandcastle Resort
#13 of 14 in Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!