“An absolute gem!!”

Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Lynwood has been my absolute favorite pizza place since I began going there in 1958. It still looks exactly the same. To this day, at any provocation, I will drive my wife and kids up from southern New Jersey just to eat there. The place has no pretensions - just perfect pizza. Having traveled extensively all over the US and Europe, I can say that there is no better pizza to be found anywhere. I didn't appreciate that for the many years I took it for granted, so I say to you local folks, don't miss a chance to enjoy the treasure in your midst!! Viva Lynwood!!

1  Thank Michael K

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Everytime I go back home first stop is Lynwood Cafe. My family meets us there and we have some awesome pizza. The staff is awesome and so is the pizza. I've been going to Lynwood's for years and I have never been disappointed and I'm sure I never will be. I crave Lynwood's pizza, ther is nothing better. It's wicked awesome!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Bone414
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Lynwood's is simply one of the best bar room pizza's I have ever had. I used to work around the corner from here and was in here all the time. I have introduced many a friend and relative to Lynwood's and they keep going back as well. It's right off the main road. Lynwood's only does pizza, so no salad's or chicken wings. The only true drawback is that they only accept cash and do not have an ATM on site. You need to go to the convenience store down the street and its a 3 dollar charge to use it.

1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This place hasn't changed in 50 years. The pizza is as good as it ever was. They always get it right.

1  Thank 807Roberta
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The pizza here is to die for and the place is a gem among locals. I've been coming here for awhile and have loved every pizza I've been served. I've also never had a problem with the service. When I am with one other person and we each order a pizza, our bill is under 17 dollars.

Aside for the wonderful pizza, the following improvements are needed, in my opinion..but this is just my opinion and many people are happy with Lynwood as is:

- Only pizza is served, and I can imagine they would be even more successful with other food options. Chips are available, too.

- This place is very small and can be uncomfortable when too many people are there at once. When there's a wait, waiting for a table can be tricky because you can't really wait anywhere without being in someone's way.

- You can only pay with cash.

- There are three HUGE arcade-style games in the bar area. One is a pinball machine and I'm not sure what the others are. I've never seen anybody playing them and I'm unsure as to whether they're up and running. Regardless, they are literally huge, an eyesore, and are always in the way. One of them is most definitely blocking a section of the restaurant from being able to access the exit in the quickest way...not sure if this is a fire code violation. Removing these machines doesn't seem impossible because they are very close to an exit. The place is tiny enough as is, and it would leave more room for tables as well as standing room at the bar if the machines were removed.

1  Thank paisley8387