“A little bit of Tuscany”

La Scala Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Randolph
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kingston, Massachusetts
“A little bit of Tuscany”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

When it gets time for dinner and all the surroundings are new, it's just luck to find a fine restaurant. So it was a week or so ago that I came to La Scala for the first time. I was immediately impressed with the up-scale atmosphere......cool, quiet, inviting feel of the place. Picked one of my favorites from the menu, mussels. Although I prefer steamed mussels with drawn butter, I tried the Mussels marinara. Great sauce, chunks of garlic.......a real Italian meal. I ordered a Riesling which was much too sweet. A dry Riesling should be on the menu as a dinner drink. Service was attentive. If I am again in the area, I will surely come back to La Scala!

• Visited April 2014

Boston
“Rude waitstaff”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Don't come here with young children unless you want a dinner filled with dirty looks. Claims to be a family restaurant...yet no children's menu? We were rushed out of the restaurant. My Irish mother makes better Italian food. Go to olive garden instead

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank smvtrip
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Food was good especially the antipasto. Only dinner prices and portions are served on Sunday. The restaurant doesn't accept charge cards.TAKES CASH ONLY.

• Visited February 2014
Beverly, Massachusetts
“LaScala - Consistently Great since 1978”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We have been going to LaScala since 1978. We have moved 4 times in that span but we keep going back. For the past 15+ years we travel the 1 hour from the North Shore to take advantage of this gem.

The restaurant did a major expansion several years ago and now boast a large lounge - bar - with sitting area; facilities for small groups, and of course the main dining room. Lately we have been taking advantage of their tremendous lunch offerings --- inexpensive and great. Our favorites are the Veal Roberto ( great sauce and shrimp) and the shrimp and clams linguini.

Wine is very moderately priced.
A tremendous value; great ambience; and tremendous food. Why else would one drive 1 hour each way since 1978 to go back time and again. From Boston, it is a short 15 minutes as it is right on Rt. 38. of Rt 128

• Visited January 2014
Boston
“Bisque was good, so was dessert . . . in between? Not so much . . .”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We've heard great things about this local spot and decided to try it tonight. Ordered the bisque and it was quite good, not great, but, hey, it's an Italian restaurant. My husband ordered a pork special which was OK; I ordered the carbonara which was not very good at all. The linguini was swimming in a thick, gooey sauce, the linguini stuck together as if it were yesterday's mac & cheese. I ate about 20% of it and told the waitress I didn't care for it at all, that it wasn't what I expected. She asked if I wanted to take it home (?) and, when I declined, asked if I wanted something else. Quite frankly, no, I don't. We had coffee and shared a bread pudding (minus the brandy sauce ~ why would you put brandy on dessert?????). The bill? $70.00 with tip and no alcohol . . . I was very unpleasantly surprised that there was no credit for the uneaten meal or, perhaps, complimentary coffee or dessert or even a small voucher to try the restaurant again, nor did a manager or supervisor stop over to apologize. As it is, we won't be back. Truly disappointing . . . we would have been better off at the 99 or Olive Garden ~ it ain't haute cuisine but you know what you're getting and you get what you pay for.

• Visited January 2014