“A bed for the night” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Randolph
Watford, United Kingdom
“A bed for the night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Thanks to British Airways one hour delay that turned into almost two hours my day trip ended up as a two day trip which necessitated a hotel in the Canton MA area. The two better hotels were both fully booked and Comfort Inn Randolph MA had room(s)l eft. Brazil v Portugal soccer match also had an impact on Hotel availability.

The room had two Queen beds and the bed felt damp.
The decor surrounding the bath / shower reminded me of the scene from Psycho as there were several red streaks on the three walls, unusual to say the least.

If i knew the area i would have ad breakfast elsewhere as the Yogurt and Orange juice was al that looked half decent.

Cannot fault the staff as they were excellent but at $177 this was more than overpriced.

Room Tip: If you intend spending a night in the area Boston is not too far away
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Natkirlin
Joe M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Randolph, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel and staff for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. We sincerely appreciate your comments as they do help us improve. We geneuinely hope that you would give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations any time in the future you may be in our area.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

THE TIMELINE OF THIS COMPLAINT CAME FROM MY CELL PHONE TIME NOT A WATCH. We were told at the time of booking that there were pick ups by phone call from the Quincy Adams T. That they picked up on the hour but if it was in between hours we were to call and they would be there in about 20 minutes. We called at 4:55 saying we were waiting for the shuttle. At 5:05 I made another call concerning who and what to look for as far as being picked up. She told me that a guy named Alex who was blonde would be there looking for us In a white or black car. At 5:30 still no car or shuttle so we call again. This time we happen to overhear the lady at the front desk who we had been talking to each phone call say "Alex those people are still waiting, what are we going to do?!". Then she got back on the phone with me and said "We have been real busy and our shuttle had already been there at 5:00 and picked up someone else and the next pick up would not be there until 6:00". I quickly reminded her that we were out here at 5:00 and there was no shuttle, bus nor car picking anyone up from Comfort Inn. I wish she would of just admitted she had made a mistake instead of telling me an untruth.

We watch Hyatt, Marriott and a couple of other chain hotels make two pick ups during the hour we waited.

We received a discounted price and I would never stay here at full price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback on your visit with us. I want to apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. We do our best to ensure our complimentary shuttle is punctual in picking up and dropping off our guest within a five mile radius of the hotel and I apologize that this was not the case during your recent stay with us. I will discuss this matter with my front desk team to see how we can better handle these situations in the future and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We found a random Pepsi bottle in our room when we got there, there were no closing curtains on the window so the blinding sun woke us up early, and there was saran wrap in my waffle. Not too nice of a stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sportslover9898
Dear Guest,

Travellers are raving about these Randolph hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Considering the prices for Boston area hotels this was a good price. I book this room so my kids can have a hotel slumber party. The room was clean but the shower could have used a good scrubbing. The pool was a nice size, very clean but doesn't have a staircase to get into the pool, must use the ladder. I had a slight problem with the keys to enter the room but it was no huge issue. There is a free breakfast served as well. Overall, it was okay stay.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Joe M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Randolph, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time in writing your feedback about your experience here at the Comfort Inn Randolph. Our team wants to make your stay is Truly Yours, and were glad you found value here in selecting your hotel when traveling to the Boston area, especially with a free breakfast , our hotel can't be beat!

I do apologize for the issues you had with your keys, and the shower in your guest room. I have shared this information with the team, and we are taking all preventative maintenance procedures to make sure problems like this do not happen in the future.

If you have any questions, or would like to further discuss your recent stay, please feel free to contact me directly at (781)961-1000.

Again we thank you for feedback, and we would love to see you again if you are ever coming to the Boston area!
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I Bought this through Groupon. It is close enough to Boston for our visit there. Really glad I saved the money. I would never stay here at full price. They say the rooms only allow for 4 people per room but they allow 6-8 at a time. The breakfast area was understaffed and could not keep up with the people wanting breakfast. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, but the housekeeping needs some help. Pre-dawn screaming from upstairs woke us. I will try a different hotel next time I go to that area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your experience on your recent stay. Feedback from our guests is very important as helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

I'm glad you see the potential and love the location to Boston. We truly are a hidden gem when it comes to Boston Hotels! Offering a complimentary shuttle to the Quincy Adam's Station makes it very convenient for guests going into the city.

The Hotels policy is to only allow four people per room. During the summer, many sporting groups come into the property and sometimes with all the athletes it may seem like more than four. I assure you that the hotel follows all procedures to ensure fire safety, and allow only four guests to sleep in each room. If you feel like you were unsafe, we encourage guests to always contact the front desk so we can handle the problem accordingly. We are here to help!

I do apologize for the experience you had at breakfast. We are currently in the process of hiring new breakfast associates so this doesn't happen to other guests in the future. With our new Restaurant opening in a couple weeks, I invite you to come experience the new Food & Beverage department here at the hotel!

Again, Thank you for your time in completing this online survey. We hope that you would choose The Comfort Inn Randolph if you are ever in the area again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I really would call this a hotel of constant confusion: you have the room for 2 nights--no you do not have the room for two nights. you have to pay for this with a credit card swiped -- no you can call in with your credit card. the room will be available -- no the room will not be available. soda machines are working - no they are not working at all - no they are working with quarters only. yes, we can do dry cleaning the same day-- no we can not do it the same day.

New front desk person appears to bring new rules. Very dissatisfying.

On that note: rooms are old, dirty, and shower needs major rehab.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lenusvyat
Joe M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Randolph, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete Trip Advisors online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

I'm happy to say that all our rooms now have Flat Screen TV's, and we will be opening a new restaurant on property in just a few weeks!

The Front Desk team has experienced some recent changes, but I assure you they are all now properly trained. We have a new Guest Service Manager on property who is here to make sure your stay is the best that it can be, including having all the staff on the same page. We do apologize for the confusion in your recent stay, and I hope you will give us another chance if you are ever in the area.

I thank you again for your comment, and if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to any of us here at the Comfort Inn Randolph Hotel.
Albany NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We just needed a place for the night while going to visit a sick relative. The Comfort Inn at Randolph was fine. It's an older hotel (but it's been kept up or refurbished) with spacious and clean rooms, flat-screen TV, iron, dryer, fridge (though ours was pretty beat-up), etc. There was no channel listing for the TV, which I always find a bit irksome. Had a nice desk/work table. Bed was comfortable, though the king bed had just four half-pillows and no extras provided. The hair dryer was there, but didn't work. Bathroom small, but adequate, and clean. Best part was the good breakfast, with eggs and bacon, waffles, muffins and breads, bagels, cereals, fruit, juices. Well staffed and fresh. The breakfast area was very pleasant, much larger than one usually sees. In the lobby there was a continuous coffee service for guests, and a computer free to use. Personnel were very pleasant, no complaint there. For a special occasion or a longer stay, I might look elsewhere, but for a good night's stay, it's fine.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LeeAlbany
Valued Guest,

Traveling to visit sick relatives can be a difficult time, and the team and I hope everything turned out okay. We hope you were able to relax, and you enjoyed your stay with us despite such a difficult time.

Offering a wide variety of fresh complimentary breakfast items, I am glad to here it was the highlight of your stay. The large seating area, and friendly staff makes the perfect way to start any morning! With our new Restaurant opening in just a few weeks, I invite you to come back and check out this new addition to our Food and Beverage department.

I am happy to hear you've enjoyed the recent updates at our hotel including new flat-screen TV's in all guest rooms. I do apologize that you did not receive a channel listing in your room. I will share this with the Team to ensure they are in every Guest Services book, in each and every guest room.

Again I thank you for your feedback, and If you have any questions I encourage you to contact me directly!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Randolph
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Holiday Inn Express Braintree
Courtyard Boston Stoughton
Boston Marriott Quincy

Been to Comfort Inn Randolph? Share your experiences!