“Surprisingly good!”

Add it.
Raynham Mandarin Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I recently ate lunch here while visiting my elderly mother. She wanted Chinese food and suggested the Raynham Mandarin. They are known for their buffet - which we did not get. I was hesitant to eat here since the appearance of this restaurant from the outside is not impressive. The inside is decorated in rather typical Chinese decor - could be a little cleaner to be honest. We chose to order off the menu. I had the Hot and Sour Soup which was excellent. I was pleasantly surprised and would actually say it was one of the best hot and sour soups I've ever had. It was served piping hot. It was nice light broth - not loaded with a thick cornstarch base like some soups are. It could have been hotter spicier but was very tasty nevertheless. I also had a healthy version of chicken and broccoli which was also quite good. Also served piping hot - tasty and not greasy at all. While I can't comment on the quality of the food in their buffet, I would recommend their food on the menu. Service was also good.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

I live nearby this restaurant, which is always convinent for dine-in or take-out. As far as buffets go, it is decent and mostly better than a nearby buffet down the road. You can find your typical chinese buffet foods: rice, lo mein, soups (egg drop is great), desserts, and some "American" food (pizza, etc). They do have crab legs, which are yummy. Also, the sushi is pretty good , but not lots to choose from (just your basic rolls). The crab rangoons are DELICIOUS. I go a few times and it is good and cheap. If you are looking for a high quality sushi restaurant - this is not it. If I'm looking for a "sushi" night, I go to other locations. However, when in the mood for the typical buffet cuisine - this place does the trick. There isn't anything that I can think of to complain about - other than I wish it had various sushi and beef teriaki. (You may be able to buy that at an additional cost, but I'm not sure)

Reviewed 28 August 2011

The Ryanham Mandarin is your typical american style Chinese restaurant. It is slightly different because it is served as a all-you-can-eat buffet style. The only good thing i can say about the restaurant is it is cheap ( with an all you can eat meal costing $11). Of course this doesn't come with out a compromise, the food quality is horrible, The food is presented on hot trays, but the food is often cold or room temperature. the poultry and meat served is often chewy and dominate the majority of the dish options. Picking your food here can be like trying to navigate a minefield! The building itself is usually quite sanitary, BUT NOT ALWAYS! As a Ryanham resident heed my advise and steer clear of this one.