“Mixed review”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Raynham
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

Stayed at the QI Raynham as a stepping off point on our trip to Cape Cod. We came in late (11pm) on a Friday in hopes that we could avoid Cape traffic by crossing the bridge before 8 am. Well, that didn't happen. Here's why my review is mixed:
- the room itself was nice. Simple but clean. Bed was comfy. No complaints about accommodations. The continental breakfast was just ok, but, hey, what do you expect for $85/night mid-summer. Given the price, I'd probably be inclined to give it 4 "stars" BUT
- they put us in a room in the back of the building. That, in itself, wouldn't be a problem, but then they put people in the room next to us who didn't arrive until even later than us. Unfortunately, these people were NOT ready to settle in for the night. From 3am to 5am they were VERY busy. I swear, it sounded like they were above us moving furniture!! I don't know WHAT they were doing, but it was loud & it was banging. Plus a group continually stood outside the room talking loudly. Needless to say, I was wide awake from 3 to about 5. When I called the front desk at 4:45 because I had had ENOUGH, there was NO answer!!!! So I rolled over & eventually fell asleep again. So much for our early start over the bridge to the Cape. Didn't get up until after 7. Didn't leave until close to 8.
- in the morning, I went to the front desk & told them my tale of woe. They apologized profusely & one of the women knew immediately who the late night culprits were. She ran out the door (don't know WHAT she did, lol). They credited us 20%, which was a very nice gesture. Of course, it didn't help when we were walking around like zombies on Saturday, but at least they tried.

So, that's why the mixed reviews. Had it not been for the late-night revelers, this hotel would have been just fine. Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I'd certainly ask to be put in a room near the front desk next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wilkworks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
taunton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

There a few housekeeper that are sweethearts .But theres one that always screen down the hall talking bad. i did tell my children to keep the voice down but kids are kids is not like it was night time. i am portuguese myself so the way she came out sayings bad words in portuguese i did not like it. i stay there for 2 nights and when to another hotel where the staff where more polite sweet and also had respect. she always had and attidude because of my kids been a little loud and talking bad but i could say one good thing about the hotel the room i stay on it was really clean the housekeeper that did my rooms was so nice and also she had repect i feel so bad for her that she has to deal with people like her. but i would never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Raynham hotels

Central Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2009

I paid around $90 a night for a room in this aging motel. It might have been worth half that, at the most. One of the mustiest, dankest rooms I have ever stayed in (and I've been in some bad ones). The king sized bed was like sleeping on a board. The television had a "volume control" setting which only allowed me to adjust it to less than half full volume, not enough to make it heard over the roar of the AC unit in the wall. Only some of the lights worked; plugs were dead on one half of the room. Bathroom was clean but tiny, with deteriorating caulk around the edges. Bath mat was raggedy and fraying. But, the linens all appeared to be fresh. The Fairfield or Days Inn in Middleboro are better "budget friendly" choices if you are in this area.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

We stopped here for the night before driving on to Plymouth. It's a straight shot to Plymouth and very convenient to that area. It was a nice place - drive up to room. The room was large and comfortable.The breakfast was excellent. All in all, we were pleased with the value. Some slight problems with the shower - the dial was difficult to turn. But who cares? No problems. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
South Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

I was a bit concerned about staying here based on some reviews since I was traveling with my dog and had limited options. But I have to say that my stay was fine. The room was clean and modern in decor. I stayed on the first floor of the back building and it was quiet. I only heard a bird chirping with my window open. The grounds were well manicured. I would definitely encourage people to stay here if passing through or traveling with a pet.

• Stayed July 2009
Albany, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

We stayed at the Quality Inn in Raynham while attending the Greyhound Adoption Expo in June 2009. The event organizers had negotiated a great rate with the hotel that waived the pet fee, which was wonderful! The accommodations are humble, but this is what we expected. There are two sections to this motel, we stayed at the one where the doors opened directly to the outside (as opposed to in a common hallway). One problem we had was with the locking door. Our key card did not seem to want to open it, despite our diligence. We had our cards replaced without success and discussed our issue with the desk clerk. We finally discovered if we pulled the door toward us hard, it remedied this...but it was a slight inconvenience.

This hotel is clean, and featured a refrigerator and microwave. The television was good size and quality. Amenities provided were shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, as well as soap. There was plenty of storage space and room to move around and, because we got an end room, plenty of light as we had windows on two sides of our room.

A huge plus to this hotel is the free breakfast. The quality was excellent, with a waffle iron, eggs to heat in the microwave, a few cereals, as well as muffins breads for toasting. Coffee and juice were available. The breakfast area was cramped, but very pleasant. Staff tending to the breakfast area were friendly and helpful. This added so much value to our stay.

Speaking of added value--free high speed internet which worked well, without a hitch, was appreciated.

The hotel is located on a busy street with many stores and restaurants close by. Despite this, it is set back from the road, so road noise was not an issue. We were able to walk to restaurants and the grocery store, which was nice.

The hotel also has a nice looking swimming pool, but it was too rainy during our free times to use.

All in all, this was a very positive experience. If we have the occasion we will certainly return.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
cape
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

After viewing this motel on line, I figured it was worth the 70 dollars for a nights stay, I couldn't have been more mistaken. To start, the desk clerk was RUDE, the room smelled of mold&mildew, and the noise from the highway made me feel like I was sleeping in a rest area on Rt.95. I don't usually write reviews, however I felt this review was absolutely necessary. I highly recommend STAYING AWAY from this hole. Pay a few more bucks and be sleep easy.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank chatham09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raynham
Hampton Inn Raynham-Taunton
Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro
Holiday Inn Taunton - Foxboro Area
Courtyard Boston Raynham
Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro
Middleboro Inn
Middleboro Inn
#3 of 3 in Middleboro

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!