“Great hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Raynham
Florham Park, New Jersey
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and parent just stayed here for a wedding. This is the best hotel by far in this area. The gym was small but had nice modern equipment. The lobby was very comfortable for breakfast and relaxing. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My parents requested an accessible room which they loved. We all enjoyed the comfortable beds and nice amenities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We appreciate your comments very much.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our updated lobby, Bistro and exercise facility; as well our friendly and accommodating staff. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the local area.

Phone (508) 822-8383, Extension 402

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Traveling for games this past weekend, my family regrouped at the Courtyard in Raynham after traveling to different parts of Massachusettes. The location was ideal- in the middle of plenty of stores, dining, etc., while being just secluded enough that there was no excessive noise or traffic.
The hotel was very inviting with what looked like a brand new lobby & dining area, a lodge-like sitting area with a fireplace and a modern but casual feeling reception area. Staying in room 229, we were directly over the reception area and there was no problem with noise. Our room was spotless, nicely decorated and VERY comfortable. Even better was that they wereable to accomodate our last minute request for an early check-in.
This is another one of those Marriott experiences that could not have been better. To top it off, Teodora Petkova, the Operations Manager, sent email before and after our stay. The first to welcome us and offer to provide any assistance we might require and the second to thank us for our stay.
Each time I stay at a Marriott, I remember why I have chosen to remain loyal to their brand whenever I have the option.

Room Tip: I liked the balcony on Room 229- it was oversized because the room sits over the lobby entrannce.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SoccerTournaments
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We appreciate your feedback very much.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our updated lobby, Bistro and fireplace area; as well as the welcoming pre-arrival e-mail from my Operations Manager, Teodora Petkova. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your request for an early check in. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest. We value your business very much. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Vermont
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our one night. Lobby update looks awesome with like cafe/bar with tons of seating. Room was nice and big. Very comfortable beds! In perfect location with huge Walmart across the street. Was great cheaper option then staying in Plymouth (which was where wedding was that we were attending) only 1/2 hr away

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 12 May 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed our recent lobby and Bistro update, our spacious quality rooms and mattress. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our competitive hotel rate.

We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the local area.

Bethany beach
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Average Courtyard that needs updating. The best part is the staff and the staff of the Bistro. The morning staff is awesome and Patsy is always there with a smile! If you need a drink in the evening, Bryan is a great bartender and he doesn't do a bad job serving the bar food. Raynham is not a great area but this place is about the best in the Taunton/Raynham area.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms on the 1st floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mitch R
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel.

We value your feedback very much. I want to sincerely apologize for the condition of our guest rooms. I am excited to share our news that we will be renovating our guest rooms this month. We will be updating our furniture, mattresses, drapes, sheers, artwork and lighting; as well as re-carpeting, re-wallpapering and re-painting our guest rooms and public hallways. The new decor will be very modern, comfortable and inviting. Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and the staff in the Bistro. I happy to learn that Patsy, our Restaurant Supervisor, and Brian, our Bistro Attendant, offered great service in the Bistro and that you enjoyed the service provided by the entire. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott –Raynham Hotel when you are in the local area. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Courtyard by Marriott – Raynham Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Good experience at the Courtyard Marriott. They are in the process of renovating this location and it now has a beautiful lobby area with great fast food options. They were very accommodating and proceeded to upgrade my wife and I to a Jacuzzi suite. Rooms are a bit outdated but that is next on their renovation list. It is convenient to highway and located in a quiet and peaceful location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback with regards to your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Raynham Hotel. As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our beautiful new Bistro and lobby area, great new food options; as well for the feedback that my staff was very accommodating. I am happy to learn that they extended you a complimentary upgrade to a Jacuzzi Suite. I am glad to share the news that we are scheduled for a renovation of our guest rooms this March. The decor will be very modern and comfortable.

If you have any questions or if we can make your stay more comfortable in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at (508) 822-8383, extension 402 or e-mail me at diane.houlihan@marriott.com. I hope to have the pleasure to serve you in the future. Have a great day.
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Good Stay at this Mariott. This is super convenient to route 495. It's also outside of Taunton which can be sketchy at times. It's great location if you are on the way to the Cape or Plymouth and do not want to pay super high prices. Raynham is really mostly a bunch of box stores and business parks so not much to do there so to speak.
The Hotel itself is very nice. Front desk was pleasant and inviting. The room was well kept by housekeeping / maintenance. It wasn't anything that blew me away but wasn't uncomfortable.
I was there one night so I really didn't partake in the extra amenities the hotel offered. I did have breakfast at the bistro downstairs. It was ok, but way overpriced. It really felt like cafeteria food that was "jazzed" up to be priced higher. There are other places nearby you can go to if need be.
I will return to this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback with regards to your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Raynham Hotel. As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback. I am sincerely sorry that the Bisto did not meet your expectations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the front staff was pleasant and inviting; as well that the room was well-maintained by our housekeeping and maintenance departments. I will share your comments with my leadership team and staff; as they take pride in the their work.

If you have any questions or if we can make your stay more comfortable in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at (508) 822-8383, extension 402 or e-mail me at diane.houlihan@marriott.com. Have a wonderful day.
Albany, NY
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Friends were in the area from Miami for the holidays and we decided to make the trek from NY just to have dinner with them. I selected this hotel based solely on the proximity to our friends and the reviews posted here. I knew the minute we checked in that this was a mistake. At 7:30pm, they had a hard time finding us a room that was clean and ready. Next, I commented about the bistro being closed and the front desk staff explained that they gave the bistro staff some time off for the holidays but it would reopen at 6:30am for breakfast. Well, ok, but this is Friday night - two days after Christmas. Next, the room was absolutely freezing cold which was neither welcoming nor inviting. The fridge/microwave were located over by the sliding door and not in the cabinet under the coffee maker. This was awkward to use and made us wonder what was either wrong with the cabinet or wrong with the power in the cabinet. There were "hairs" on the bathroom floor that were definitely not ours since we just arrived. We kept our coats on as the heat kicked in and we unpacked. The next morning, my husband went down early to get some fresh coffee. The girl at the bistro told him that coffee was not complimentary and since he had no money on him, he asked her to charge it to the room. When I got the bill, we were charged $.50 for room service on top of the coffee cost. Now I am not about the $.50 - what I am about is A-not telling us that there would be a service charge and B-it is not "room service" when you go downstairs in your t-shirt and slippers for a cup of coffee. We could have stayed in bed and ordered it from our room. I reviewed the bistro menu and decided we would grab something quick and hit the hot tub/pool area before checking out. When we got to the Bistro (at 10:10am) we were told that the bistro was closed but we could have coffee. Seriously? I commented that we were never told that the bistro closed at 10am (on a Saturday morning??) and she said it was on the brochure in our room. Ok, well, I looked the entire brochure over again and there was absolutely ZERO hours of operation indicated anywhere. This was one of the most disappointing Courtyards I have ever stayed in and while I am glad that other Trip Advisor reviewers had great guest service, this was not my experience. We left in search of food (which turned out to be a wonderful meal in Middleboro) and when we hit the highway, we realized we forgot the cell phone charger in the room. I called and was told that the housekeeping had already left for the day (which totally explains how rooms are left unclean) and that someone would get back to me the next day. And so they did. They asked me if I would be coming by to pick up the charger. Well, I would have come back for the charger if housekeeping had been available when we first called but I explained that I live nowhere near there. She said they would be glad to Fed Ex the charger for me. Then she asked for my credit card number. Ok, this was the end of the road for me. Sorry but a cell phone charger is not worth the $25 Fed Ex fee. As a gold elite member who travels 1-2 weeks a month and stays at a Marriott property 9 out of 10 times, I felt that for my brand loyalty they could have mailed the charger to me as a courtesy. No courtesy here at the Courtyard Raynham Mass. I told her to forget it and that I would never return to this hotel again. In fact, I have an upcoming business trip to Brockton, Mass and will be extra sure that my team stays far away from here. If you are looking for a hotel in this area, go the short distance into Middleboro - there are lots of nice restaurants and hotels including a Fairfield Inn with complimentary coffee served all day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank calanne
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Raynham Hotel. I sincerely apologize for the challenges that you experienced during your hotel with the lack of quality staff service that you received, the challenges you experienced with the Bistro not being opened during the evening during your stay and was not available to you in the morning due to our standard closing time of 10 a.m. on the weekends; as well as for the challenges with your phone charger and for the inconveniences we have caused you. We have failed to provide you the exceptional service that Marriott and our hotel are well known for. I will share your comments with the staff to ensure that these issues do not occur in the future to prevent future guests from experiencing these occurrences. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss this further, I can be reached at (508) 822-8383, extension 402. Sincerely, Diane Houlihan, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raynham
Hampton Inn Raynham-Taunton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham
Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Raynham
Holiday Inn Taunton - Foxboro Area
Residence Inn Boston Bridgewater

Been to Courtyard Boston Raynham? Share your experiences!