“Many plusses only one minus.”

Courtyard Boston Raynham
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Raynham
“Many plusses only one minus.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel's decor, friendliness and cleanliness is a plus. The pull out couch had never been used, which was a bonus! The only drawback was the heating/AC system. It was the type that goes on and off all night, which wakes my family and I up throughout the night. We had to turn "high cool" off and use just the fan option to keep the air noise constant, but then the room got hot. I recently stayed at a Courtyard in Cambridge, MA and the room's AC stayed on constantly, which I appreciated. Fix this and the hotel would be top-notch for its class!

One little detail- there was a closet for a refrigerator that was empty. I'm not sure why there was no refrigerator (there was a cord for one in this closet), but we survived without it and used ice in the drinks we brought.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Lori,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your recent stay. I am happy to learn that you appreciated our newly renovated guest room and the quality of our staff. At the completion of the renovation, all of the guest rooms will have a refrigerator in the new hospitality cabinet. I will share your feedback with my team; as they take great pride in their work.

I want to sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced wth the air conditioner in your room. I will share your comments with my engineering team, to ensure that this issue does not occur again in the future. We look forward to serving you in the future. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Diane Houlihan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've stayed at this Courtyard several times, as my company has an office up the road (right off the roundabout, if you know the area well). There are a few options closer to the office, but I prefer this Courtyard, since it is well run, clean and close to restaurants and shopping for after work. One of the major draws for me is the Stoneforge restaurant and tavern ( see separate review) directly across the street. My last stay before this month was about 18 months ago. I had an issue with my sink when I arrived. Not only did they offer to fix it immediately upon my notifying them (my expectation), but since it was about dinner time, they asked if I was planning on dining out, since I might be less inconvenienced if the matter was taken care of while I was out. I know some people might take this as "We'd like to have time to look through your stuff" but as a frequent traveler who has discovered that the vast majority of people are honest and hard working, I felt it was very thoughtful. During my stay last week (July 22 & 23, 2014), I had no issues. My room had been recently updated, which was a pleasant surprise. I asked at the front desk and they are currently undergoing renovations. If you'll be staying there son, I recommend asking for a newly renovated room away from current remodeling work, like mine was. The services and amenities are all standard Courtyard fare. I did not eat at the Bistro, and so cannot attest to the food and drink. My only complaint is that the new remodeling places a cabinet over the A/C unit, which I think amplifies the sound when it kicks on. It woke me up several times the first night, until I adjusted to it.

Room Tip: Ask if the room remodeling is still underway. Ask for one of the new rooms, away from current renov...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Katherine S
Dear Katherine,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We value your feedback very much. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay, our newly renovated guest rooms and professional staff. I am sorry to learn that you had a maintenance issue in your guest room the last time you stayed at our hotel; however I am happy to learn that my staff went above and beyond and had this rectified in a timely and professional manner.

I hope you have an opportunity the next time you are in the area to visit our Bistro. We serve breakfast and dinner, seven days a week. We offer many healthy options and a full bar in the evenings. Although if you do not wish to dine in, as you indicated, we have many restaurants in the local area that are conveniently located near the hotel. I look forward to serving you in the next time you are travelling in the local area. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed three nightd and had a dual queen bed in one of the newly remodeled rooms on the third floor. Check in staff were very friendly and efficient. The Bistro is pretty typical Starbucks eats and drinks and I ate breakfast there everyday for the convenience.

Very nice touch to have outlets (including usb power outlets) mounted in the top of the nightside table and in front of the workspace desk.

Bed was very comfortable with a variety of pillows to chose from. Desk chair was also very comfortable. Free wifi in the room and the signal strength was very strong. No problems with dropped connections while i worked. I did not see an outlet to plug directly into the LAN.

Now for the disappointments.

The air conditioning wall unit is LOUD. So loud that you have to constantly adjust the tv volume up when it comes on. And because the ac unit is mounted in a hutch below the cabinent that holds the fridge, it cycles on and off about every 5 - 10 minutes because the airspace in the hutch gets cool and it shuts off. Then it warms up fairly quickly the comes back on. Bad design - Marriott needs a refund from the contractor. :) If you're not used to alot of noise when you sleep, it'll be a rough first night

The fridge in the room took two days to "cool" a two liter soda and even then it wasn't ice cold - no thermostat in the fridge. It had some sort of "2 hour chill button" that was worthless. You can keep your energy efficient fridges. I would have used ice, but ice machine was either empty or not working each time I went to use it.

Also the previous occupants long hair was plastered on the back wall of the shower which the cleaning staff either did not find or ignored for two days. I finally removed it myself.

So, to sum it up - I've been in better Marriott properties, but I have also been in worse.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 27 September 2014
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. We value your feedback very much. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest room and that you received a warm arrival experience from my Front Desk Representatives.

I sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced during your stay. Thank you for your comments with regards to the new hospitality suite cabinet that has been built above the air conditioning and heating unit. We are currently making modifications to this design to alleviate the issue of the air flow. We will share your comments with the design team at Marriott International.

John, we hope you will try us again the future so that we can restore your faith in our hotel, service and amenities.

Portland, Maine
Reviewed 17 June 2014

From the start, the communication with reminder emails and explanation of available services was excellent. It is clear that this place is very well run.

The room was clean, with plenty of pillows, comfortable beds, and standard hotel furnishings such as TV, desk, chairs, etc. The shower and bathroom were typical and everything worked appropriately. The refrigerator in the room was helpful as was the coffee maker. We were up and out early and there was free Starbucks coffee at the check in desk. We returned later and there were good breakfast options at the cafe in the main hotel lobby. There was a very nicely appointed sitting lounge adjacent to the check in area and cafe.

There was minor remodelling going on to the walls of our hallway. The workers were very respectful, quiet, and apologized for the inconvenience. There really was no inconvenience and they were doing a nice job only during business hours.

If we are in the area again, we will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your recent stay. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the quality of our guest rooms and staff; as well as the breakfast offerings in our Bistro. For your information, we also serve dinner, seven days a week, and offer a full bar in our Bistro.

It is great to hear that our renovation crew was very respectful and quiet. I will share your comments with my leadership team, staff and renovation crew. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 June 2014

stayed here for local soccer tournament and we are fans of Courtyard Marriotts in general. We were pleased with the staff and cleanliness of rooms and facility. Has a nice pool, outdoor courtyard for some "hanging out" but the bistro is relatively limited in its offerings - but this is typical of Courtyards. Overall, very satisfied with this hotel and would stay here again without hesitation - even with my "hotel snob" kids:) Very convenient to this somewhat obscure part of the state (and I mean that in the nicest way possible)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience with us. I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with the staff and the cleanliness of the guest rooms and facility; as well that you were able to enjoy our in-door pool and Courtyard area. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the future.

Florham Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and parent just stayed here for a wedding. This is the best hotel by far in this area. The gym was small but had nice modern equipment. The lobby was very comfortable for breakfast and relaxing. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My parents requested an accessible room which they loved. We all enjoyed the comfortable beds and nice amenities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We appreciate your comments very much.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our updated lobby, Bistro and exercise facility; as well our friendly and accommodating staff. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the local area.

Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Traveling for games this past weekend, my family regrouped at the Courtyard in Raynham after traveling to different parts of Massachusettes. The location was ideal- in the middle of plenty of stores, dining, etc., while being just secluded enough that there was no excessive noise or traffic.
The hotel was very inviting with what looked like a brand new lobby & dining area, a lodge-like sitting area with a fireplace and a modern but casual feeling reception area. Staying in room 229, we were directly over the reception area and there was no problem with noise. Our room was spotless, nicely decorated and VERY comfortable. Even better was that they wereable to accomodate our last minute request for an early check-in.
This is another one of those Marriott experiences that could not have been better. To top it off, Teodora Petkova, the Operations Manager, sent email before and after our stay. The first to welcome us and offer to provide any assistance we might require and the second to thank us for our stay.
Each time I stay at a Marriott, I remember why I have chosen to remain loyal to their brand whenever I have the option.

Room Tip: I liked the balcony on Room 229- it was oversized because the room sits over the lobby entrannce.
2 Thank SoccerTournaments
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Raynham, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We appreciate your feedback very much.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our updated lobby, Bistro and fireplace area; as well as the welcoming pre-arrival e-mail from my Operations Manager, Teodora Petkova. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your request for an early check in. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest. We value your business very much. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Phone (508) 822-8383, Extension 402
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raynham
Hampton Inn Raynham-Taunton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham
Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Raynham
Holiday Inn Taunton - Foxboro Area
Residence Inn Boston Bridgewater

Been to Courtyard Boston Raynham? Share your experiences!