Quality Inn Revere
US$194
TownePlace Suites
US$247
US$217
All reviewswonderland stationcab rideboston areau turnbooked this hotelwafflesthe staff was friendly and helpfulhot chocolatefree parkingshort drivecontinental breakfastbeds were comfortablenew englandrevere beachairport hotelindoor poolmarquis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is simply the perfect business hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable room, edible breakfast in the morning. The guy who gave me a lift to the airport, Joe, turned out to be the general manager and was a hella nice guy...very, very concerned that my stay had been a good one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank springerrr
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear 'Springerrr',

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel. I'm glad to see your stay was excellent and that our former GM Joe was helpful in giving you a lift to the airport. As the newly appointed GM, I'd like for our hotel to continue to be your preferred hotel while on business. I'll be sure to share your kind words with the team here and we hope to see you soon if you happen to be in the Boston area again.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I was very disappointed in this hotel. It is long overdue for a freshening up.The hotel and room smelled, they tried to mask oit with some sort of air freshner.Basically the room was dingy. The bedding was awful with tiny pillows and the bathrooms grouting and tiles needed a good deep cleaning. The only positive was there was a flat screen TV and free Internet with a new desk.. This is not the quality I expect from a Marriott hotel. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Meeko7

Dear 'Meeko7',

Thank you for reviewing our hotel in Revere. I want to personally apologize that your stay did not meet your standards, or for that matter, our standards. By reading your comments, we need to go back to our team and review what we are doing and how we can do better. Your review will be shared with the team so they know what our guests are saying about us.

Thank you again for your feedback and if you'd like to follow up regarding your stay further, please feel free to contact me at dan.gregorio@marriott.com.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed here 1 night due to an early next morning flight. We used Marriott points for the rooms. If there are suites here I sure did not stay in one of them! Rooms were very small. We went down to the pool-small and disappointing as the whirlpool no longer there,but still listed on sign by pool. Not in the greatest of areas. It was clean. Cannot comment on breakfast as we left before it started. Do not think I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debster01

Dear 'Debster01',

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Revere. I understand your stay was short, but I do appreciate the feedback you listed regarding our whirlpool and guest room. We will use your comments to try and make sure stays for future guests will be more enjoyable.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect based on the mixed reviews here. I stayed here 4 nights & had no major problems to speak of. The area isn't too exciting but Dunkin Donuts/Shell gas station was next door if you needed something other than what the hotel offered. There was nothing else within walking distance. The hotel has a decent sized indoor pool & jacuzzi open until 11 pm & plenty of parking. The lobby/breakfast area was large & welcoming with plenty of tables & a tv. They have a small sundries shop/market with water, juice, soft drinks, frozen dinners & microwave, cookies, candy, nuts & other supplies. The front desk staff was always polite & helpful & even allowed me to use their computer when the business center was full. Breakfast was fine with waffle makers, plenty of muffins & pastries, cereal, juice, coffee, hot cocoa, tea, fruit, eggs & sausage daily. It is open at 6:30 am during the week & 7 am on weekends. The lady re-stocking the breakfast area wasn't too pleasant but it wasn't a big deal. The main elevator could be a bit slow but since I was only up one floor, I would either take the stairs or the elevator at the end of the hallway. I did a complete check of the bed, bedding, headboards, pillows, mattress & box springs upon arrival to look for any unwanted pests. I didn't find any, but I also didn't have zippered covers on the springs, mattress or pillows. With bed bugs such an issue these days, I can't believe hotels don't make this mandatory! I did have one pillow with a zippered cover but I think it was to prevent the feathers from poking through (it was partly made of down). My headboard had deep gashes carved in it & appeared as though someone had tried to touch them up with a stain pen but it was poorly done needed some wood filler to look better. I did find hair on a wash cloth & a dirty tub - it had hair in it & appeared as though someone had been standing in the tub with dirty shoes. I travel with my own cleaning/sanitation supplies so I just took care of it myself. I rarely check into a hotel these days without hair in the tub somewhere (it's so gross!) The spacious room had a large desk & refrigerator. The closet rod was in an awkward place as it didn't extend the length of the closet so it made it hard to get in & out of with the sliding doors. It was fine for me but if you had more than one person hanging clothes, it would be crowded. A cab to the airport was 24.00 & I didn't use the hotel's local shuttle service. A man working the front desk one evening was overwhelmed with people checking in, people trying to buy sundries & calls - he didn't seem to be able to multi-task. I stood there for over 10 minutes & finally told him I was leaving the money for the bottled water on the desk. I would stay here again, especially if I were traveling to Salem or points north of Boston. As this was for work, I didn't pay for the stay so I can't comment on the value.

Room Tip: Request room away from stairs & elevator
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lem1

Dear 'Lem1',

Thank you for the review of our hotel in Revere. I am glad to see that overall your stay was pleasant and that you enjoyed most features of the hotel. I will be sharing this review with my Housekeeping team so we can continue to work on making sure our cleanliness standards are top notch.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

The hotel was ok good for an inn. So I could say that met my expectations. But if you are in Boston to travel and go around the area. I suggest find another hotel. The reason why the prices here is reasonably cheap is because. You will incur additional charges to go to Downtown. Their shuttle bus runs everyhour and does not run in between even though there are guests that needs to be sent to the train station. How bad is the customer service there. An example of a normal day to and from the hotel is this. From the hotel, they will send you to wonderland station. That is around 15min drive. Then from wonderland station it will take you 30-40 minutes to downtown. So all in all almost one hour spent to go to downtown. =(=(=(. Then going back you need to call them. An example of the when you call them from wonderland station. they will fetch you after 20 minutes then they will make rounds to the airport then to wonderland again. An example of a fetch takes me an hour from the station to the hotel.
So if you love your precious time, you may want to add another 10 or 20 bucks for another hotel that will make you enjoy Boston more.
I wish that management could have adjusted the schedule to make way for the holidays. But I guess its better for them to save money than serve their guest. I will definitely will not stay here again.

Another note. They don't have a whirlpool based on the hotel manual that is in you room. Totally false.

Room Tip: Never book here!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Melly25_13

Dear 'Melly25_19',

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us. I want to apologize that our shuttle service was not what you expected when booking with us in Revere. We do try to accommodate what we can in terms of the shuttle, but we can understand that time was of the essence for you and our shuttle schedule did not meet your needs. I also want to apologize that our whirlpool was no longer available, even though it was listed in your guest directory. We will be working to remove that description as we have had to close that feature at our hotel.

Thank you again for reviewing us and please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to follow up on your stay with us any further. (dan.gregorio@marriott.com)