“Accommodating and Helpful Staff”
Review of Quality Inn Revere

Quality Inn Revere
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Revere
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a very nice place to stay. We drove here and found that the hotel was right on Hwy 1, with a free shuttle to the airport. They let us leave our car in the parking lot for two nights with no charge. If you are going into Boston, you can take the commuter train from the airport. The room was comfortable and clean, and the hot breakfast was delicious. The employees were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Nice location. Actually closer to Saugus. I had a couple of issues which the manager personally responded to. First was the rust in the tub. It was good they had a rubber mat to use. Second was the heating unit which was set on 64, but made the room upward of 75F. I learned later it was in need of replacement. Unfortunately that doesn't account for my poor sleep. The staff was very friendly. The pool looked nice, although I didn't see anyone in it. The gym had 2 treadmills and an elliptical. Very basic. Price was reasonable for the area. Internet was pathetically slow and I ended up using my iPhone to teather through.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel end of January. It was my first time in Boston. Matt (Manager on duty) helped us check inn and was great at customer service. He gave us more info about the area and was very helpful. Once we checked inn, we went up to our room and the room was nice and clean. Since we were going out at night we went down to the lobby and Moe welcomed us and gave us a shuttle ride to the train station. While on our ride Moe shared his experience in customer service, you can tell Moe's passion to serve others. Overall it was a good stay but the staff made it a great one. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Neal P
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear 'Neal P',

I want to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your stay with us in Revere. I'm am very glad to see that Matt and Mo were especially helpful to you to make sure your stay enjoyable. We'll be sure to share your review with the team. We hope to see you soon if your travels bring you back to the Boston area.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We booked this place on Priceline and got a very good price. I daughter was leaving for Africa very early the next morning so we drove down from Portland the night before. We requested a hotel near the airport and were disappointed to find that it was 8 miles from the airport on ragtag US Rt 1, a lousy stretch of highway and unpleasant to drive anytime let alone during a frigid cold winter in Boston. We made it to the airport okay, but it was stressful.

Check in was very welcoming. The front desk person who checked us in was very cordial and friendly. His name was Thai. He constantly asked how our stay was going and did we need anything every time he saw us. Everyone treated us nicely and very respectfully.

The room we were given initially smelled of cigarette smoke which was very unpleasant. We are all non-smokers and any kind of cigarette smell is wretched
in our view. But we didn't feel like trudging off to another room so we didn't complain. Later in the evening when we decided to take showers, there was no hot water. I made a call to the front desk and expressed our dilemma and was told to let the water run because no one else had complained about the lack of hot water. We let it run for 15 or so minutes and still not hot water. Some one arrive at our door to take a look at our situation and informed us that half of the rooms had no hot water! Anyhow, we moved to a room with hot water and guess what, the room did not smell of cigarette smoke! We had nice hot showers and a nice clean smelling room. All was well.

There are some problems with this place. The entrance and exit to and from US Rt 1 was harrowing. Cars travel at 60mph and there is very little room to slow down quickly enough to make the very abrupt turn into the property. Leaving the property was just as hazardous with no ramp to merge into the 2 lanes of fast moving and unforgiving traffic onto Rt 1.

In general, the property is a bit frazzled and seems old. But to be fair, it was winter and a lousy one at that so we cut them some slack.

In the end, the help was most friendly and that means a lot to us. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear 'Nedsky237',

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your hotel stay with us. We take all feedback very seriously, positive or negative, in hopes we can use it as tools to continue to improve ourselves for all future guests. I apologize that your room was not getting hot water when you first arrived at our hotel, as well as the room having a odor left from a previous guest. I am glad Thai at the front desk was able to assist you and get you into a more pleasant room and you were able to take the hot shower you wanted. As for Rt.1, I understand your frustration and the roadway can get busy at times.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Boston area.

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I work in telecom. The room internet had vpn issues, therefore I had to go down to the lobbys bussiness centre to work. The hotel staff were unable to rectify the issue over my 4 day stay. The heater kept beeping through the night.issue was rectified but they left it on max air conditioning setting that evening so when I got back that night with the outside temp at -4 the room was equally freezing.
good points staff very friendly and its VEry clean.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear 'Snadki',

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I want to apologize that your stay was not as expected. I am looking into your concerns about our internet service and using your VPN with our internet provider to see what may have caused the issue and how we can prevent it going forward for future guests. I also want to apologize that our maintenance left the HVAC system on the cold setting after fixing the beeping noise. I'm glad our staff was friendly and was able to assist as best they could with the issues at hand. If you'd like to follow up any further regarding your stay, I'd welcome speaking with you. I can reached at (781) 324-1900 or dan.gregorio@marriott.com.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have stayed at Marriott properties almost 2,000 times and the staff at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North (in particular - Matt A. & Thai C.) separate themselves from the rest.
The staff (including the G.M. and breakfast room staff) is not only pleasant 24/7 but they are sincerely devoted to accomodating their guests every need. They are one step ahead with suggestions on how to make your stay as comfortable as possible while also helping to make sure your business needs are met. Dinner options are suggested even before asking "what's close by for dinner".
Nobody should hesitate to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North.

Room Tip: elevators are positioned so well that there isn't a bad room or floor. I liked and made use of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear 'flyingtraveling24-7',

Thank you for taking the time to review us and share your positive feedback about your stay. I'm am very excited to see that our staff went above and beyond for you, from the desk staff, to breakfast and also management. I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to the team. Thank you again for staying with us here in Revere and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Booked this hotel for one night to see Transiberian Orchestra in Boston. Due to an ice storm in
Vermont, we left a day early for Boston and thought we would find someplace cheap to stay along the way. I decided to call our hotel while we were driving and ended up speaking to Matt. He informed me that he had a room available and would give us the same rate as when we booked the first night a month earlier. This was a nice surprise as the reservation was made for Christmas week. When we arrived we were greeted by Matt and you would have to look long and hard to find a friendlier more customer service oriented individual. I actually spoke with him about some not so great reviews I had read and he explained that they were remodeling and upgrading all the rooms and if there are any problems at all, we should let him know so that they may address the situation. I asked Matt if we could have a remodeled room facing the back and he said that it would not be a problem. The room we received was clean, quiet and obviously recently remodeled. It had a mini fridge, coffee maker and enough hangers to hang what was needed. You may not find that important but I am tired of staying at hotels that give you just 3 hangers and you have to double hang everything. There were two double beds and while they were comfortable, I wish they had been queen size as it is nice to have a little more room when sleeping with someone that thrashes. As others have stated, driving to and from the hotel can be a little tricky since it can only be approached from one direction but if you have a GPS, you will be fine. If you are looking for an affordable, clean, quiet, smoke free place to stay that also offers a nice little breakfast then stay at this hotel. Oh and just so you know, I wavered between a 4 and a 5 rating for this hotel and what tipped it over to a 5 was the great customer service I received. Everyone from the front desk, to the breakfast attendant, to the people in housekeeping were very friendly and helpful. I truly felt that they were genuinely trying to make sure that my stay was a good one and it was.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VT3Travelers
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear 'VT3Travelers',

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and especially pleased that our staff, specifically Matt our Operations Manager, were able to WOW you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to the Boston area. Happy New Year!

Dan Gregorio

Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport

Been to Quality Inn Revere? Share your experiences!