“Nicely done...”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Revere
Byron Center, Michigan
“Nicely done...”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North was very pleasant. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. Every person of the staff that I encountered did their very best to accommodate my questions, requests for help, and made my stay enjoyable. The shuttle was convenient and timely. One just needs to do their research ahead to know what to expect on the shuttle service. I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 April 2014

First, this property is a little dated. The room was clean and the folks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The view out of the back of the hotel (the quiet side) was like looking at a dump. However, close the curtains and it goes away. While there is wear on the place, it was clean and quiet. I had a very early flight and it was easy to get to Logan and get out of town.

Stay here to avoid paying $250 - $400 within a couple of miles. This is a clean place to sleep, beyond that............

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear 'Tim H',

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites in Revere. I'm glad to see you enjoyed our staff service and that you found our accommodations clean and affordbale. Please let me know directly if I can be of any assistance for any future travel to the area or if you have any further feedback for us.

Thanks again,

dan.gregorio@marriott.com
San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am closer to 60 years old than 50. I have traveled a lot. The experience I had with this hotel is unique, by far the worst of all my travels.

I'll get right to the bottom line: . When I "named my own price" on Priceline for a "Boston-Logan Airport area" hotel, the Fairfield is what I was given. On Priceline, I searched the one area, and one area only...Boston Logan Airport. The confirmation page from Priceline mentioned the hotel runs a shuttle. I didn't think any further about it. But I should have checked the details immediately. This hotel is not what it claims to be.

I had business in Connecticut, and arrived back in Boston to get a decent night's sleep before flying out the following early morning. I returned the rental car, and went to baggage claim, where there were phone connections to a dozen or so Airport area hotels. The Fairfield was not listed there. So, I called them on my cell phone. I was told; "Yes, we run a shuttle but it's to the T station, not the Airport. It takes about 20 minutes to get to our stop from Logan by subway, and normally we'd pick you up, but we can't now because the shuttle is closed for the evening".

Very frustrated, I called Priceline customer service. I wanted my reservation changed, as the Fairfield had given to me under totally false pretenses. The agent at Priceline, and her supervisor, outright lied to me. They both said that a change was "not possible". However, I know of many instances where Priceline has changed or cancelled a reservation where the product delivered does not match the description. This is clearly such an example. Needless to say, I won't be using Priceline again.

So, I took a cab to the hotel. With no traffic, this was a solid 17 minute trip and cost me $28.00. The gentleman at the front desk had been told of my situation. I asked him, "Why is this considered a Boston-Logan Airport area hotel"? He said "We're within 6 miles, and thus conform to Priceline's rules".

Well well well!!! Think about that! Within six miles of Logan Airport? That's ALMOST ALL OF BOSTON!! Boston is not a big city. Downtown is 3 miles away. Do the Downtown hotels appear as being "Logan Airport Area" on priceline?? Heck, even Fenway Park, out near Copley Square, is only 6.4 miles away from Logan, and the cab fare there is only $20!! (Easy to verify this, just google search this stuff). There must be HUNDREDS of accommodations CLOSER to the Airport than the Fairfield that DO NOT consider themselves as "Logan Airport Area".

Considering these truths, the fact that the Fairfield allows itself to be listed on Priceline as "Logan Airport Area" is fundamentally dishonest. The marketing people should be ashamed of themselves.

Is the Fairfield really THAT desperate for the business??

Further, it is NOT even 6 miles from Logan...it is closer to 7. Another lie. The hotel isn't IN Revere, it's in Saugus. Another lie. And when a "Logan Area" Airport says it has a shuttle, isn't it reasonable to assume it goes to and from the airport?? Maybe not an outright lie, but a horrible, deceptive business practice.

Priceline and the Fairfield Inn really need to clean up their acts. This charade cost me $55 in cab fares, and a whole world of inconvenience. The hotel nice enough to allow me to grab a few things from the Continental breakfast before my 6:30 cab, but OF COURSE, I missed the hot breakfast...which starts at 6:30. So, anyone gullible enough to believe that this place serves Logan Airport and has a flight before 8:15 AM or so, will miss breakfast, too.

My 2nd floor room had its bed facing the window, so I was treated to the noise from US 1 which I could only alleviate by turning on the deafening heater. Pick your poison, I guess. To be fair, the breakfast room was very nice....wish I'd had the time

There probably IS a reason to stay here, but I can't imagine what it might be.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank doublerdad
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear 'doublerdad',

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North. I want to apologize that you felt misinformed regarding our shuttle service to/from Wonderland MBTA station and that we do not offer a shuttle to the Logan airport. I have contacted the above websites hotel services representative to see if we can more prominently display the shuttle information which is currently located in the hotel description section of the webpage.

Thanks you again for your candid feedback and please feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like to discuss your stay further.

dan.gregorio@marriott.com

Travellers are raving about these Revere hotels

Holmdel, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is the first time my family and I stayed at a Fairfield brand of the Marriott. I have to say we were quite disappointed of the cleanliness and the breakfast option.

We arrived at the hotel around 9:30 Pm, 04/13, after a long day sightseeing in Boston. Thanks to the warning from previous Tripadvisor reviewers of the sharp turn into the hotel. The front desk staff Rich was very accommodating of getting us a quiet room. After 2 attempts, we settled on second floor facing the back.

Once we settled down , we discovered that the bath tub was filthy (stain) and both my son and wife did not want to step into the tub.

At that time, we are too tired to request room change. Since we are heading home the next day, both my wife and son skipped the shower. I 'am the only one took a shower with my slippers on ( Don't try that, it's very dangerous ). In the morning after I pulled open the curtain, I noticed there were lots of dripping coffee stain on the wall underneath the desk.

The eggs at breakfast were horrid and totally inedible. Both the apple and orange juice were nothing but colored water, very disappointing.

Matt Amirault, the operating manager e-mail us of " How we doing " the next day. We replied with photos and mentioned above issues. He had not replied to us yet.

Room Tip: Facing the back maybe better, but the garbage truck loading in the early mornng hoursin the back may...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Castle88
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear 'Castle88',

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us at the Fairfield Inn Suites Boston North. I do want to apologize for the issues you and your family endured during your stay with us and that we have not responded to an email you sent to us in a timely manner. We have since responded to the email and would invite you to respond if the actions taken are acceptable to you.

Thank you again for your feedback.

East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a very nice place to stay. We drove here and found that the hotel was right on Hwy 1, with a free shuttle to the airport. They let us leave our car in the parking lot for two nights with no charge. If you are going into Boston, you can take the commuter train from the airport. The room was comfortable and clean, and the hot breakfast was delicious. The employees were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Nice location. Actually closer to Saugus. I had a couple of issues which the manager personally responded to. First was the rust in the tub. It was good they had a rubber mat to use. Second was the heating unit which was set on 64, but made the room upward of 75F. I learned later it was in need of replacement. Unfortunately that doesn't account for my poor sleep. The staff was very friendly. The pool looked nice, although I didn't see anyone in it. The gym had 2 treadmills and an elliptical. Very basic. Price was reasonable for the area. Internet was pathetically slow and I ended up using my iPhone to teather through.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel end of January. It was my first time in Boston. Matt (Manager on duty) helped us check inn and was great at customer service. He gave us more info about the area and was very helpful. Once we checked inn, we went up to our room and the room was nice and clean. Since we were going out at night we went down to the lobby and Moe welcomed us and gave us a shuttle ride to the train station. While on our ride Moe shared his experience in customer service, you can tell Moe's passion to serve others. Overall it was a good stay but the staff made it a great one. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Neal P
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Revere, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear 'Neal P',

I want to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your stay with us in Revere. I'm am very glad to see that Matt and Mo were especially helpful to you to make sure your stay enjoyable. We'll be sure to share your review with the team. We hope to see you soon if your travels bring you back to the Boston area.

Dan Gregorio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)

Been to Quality Inn Revere? Share your experiences!