“Pleasant stay-but far from being a airport hotel”
Review of Quality Inn Revere

Quality Inn Revere
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Revere
Reviewed 18 December 2009

Stayed at the CM Revere/Saugus in November 2009. Payed 50$ through Priceline. Overall, the hotel is a little rundown, not badly, but needs TLC (used to be a 2 star chain is my undertanding). The rooms are clean, good sized, with a comfie king bed...up to CM standard. The lobby area leaves to be desired. The breakfast however is an excellent offering, with waffles, bfast sandwiches, etc...Re: the shuttle, I guess i was lucky since i waited 20 minutes from BOS to hotel, and had no problems on the return to the airport. Very friendly driver, which I tipped for his professional attitude. Not the greatest for a stay without a car, but if your driving, a good cheap option.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 November 2009

Let me first start by saying, this is not an airport hotel. It is located several miles north of the airport along a stretch of highway that's plagued by severe rush hour traffic. That said, it is otherwise an excellent hotel. Service was warm and friendly from everyone (front desk, housekeeping, and bartenders). The rooms are modern and surprisingly well furnished. A quick tip, they hide the mini-fridge in the cabinets below the TV, we almost missed it). The hotel is near the highway, but I got a room that didn't face the road and couldn't hear it. I slept too late for their free breakfast, but the serving room looks nice. All together a nice hotel worthy of the Courtyard brand name.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2009

after hearing complaints from others, they should bring a butler with them.this is a great place to stay..they have several hot items for breakfast and afull compliment to choose from. rooms are very clean.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We spent one night here so we could check out the attractions before our cruise.Trying to save money we choose this hotel. I should have read the reviews. It really is in a poor location next to a very busy highway. The hotel has a shuttle to and from the airport thank goodness. Cabs are expensive and you can't trust them to take the shortest route into Boston. The Metro is too far to walk to. The staff was friendly, but useless. We had a plugged toilet and although they promised to send someone right up they never did. Even with repeated phone calls. We had to use the restroom in the lobby. The bathrooms have wall paper peeling and ours had hair in the tub and a dirty balled up wash cloth. The free breakfast was the normal and the bed comfortable. If you're going to spend time in Boston stay closer to the attractions.

Reviewed 18 September 2009

Booked on priceline and was told it was located in the "airport area" it was not. I am a Marriott rewards member and was originally pleased to be staying at a Marriott--this however is not Marriott quality. Needs to have Courtyard Marriott name removed, I have stayed at dozens of Courtyard Marriott and this is the worst one by a landslide. Their ad stated that it was a 15 min drive to the airport--it is not, 45 min drive in traffic, not close to airport or anything much of interest!

We began our stay by waiting at the airport for the hotel van. When landing we were informed it would be a 40 min wait due to one of their shuttles being broken (I have now realized that this is a lie and that as far back as May they have only had one van). After waiting 40+ min we phoned again and were told it would be 15 more min--another lie, then later it was a 2 min wait and that was a lie too. It ended up taking an hour and a half to get the van and when we did it was full except for two seats that my boyfriend and I took...Shortly after we were seated two other couples came up to the van and were turned away cause the van was full (they had also been waiting over an hour). There was nearly a fistfight between the guests and the van driver over who got to rid in the van and plenty of swearing and unpleasantries were exchanged. After getting in the van, it took about 45 min to get to the hotel.

Upon arriving at the hotel, which is located in the middle of nowhere, with no food or shopping close by I checked into the hotel. Being an elite member with Marriott I was not treated different from any other guest. At check in, I complained about the van time since I was only in Boston for a day and a half and they took up two hours of my tourism time! The front desk girl said they have no comp policy and can not give free drinks or pretty much do anything to try and fix their mistake.

Being stuck at the hotel due to the wait for the shuttle and the 45 min van ride my boyfriend and I decided to just stay in a relax since it was nearly dark. Planning to go to the pool and hot tub, we learned that they were both "closed for renovation," not sure whether this is the truth or if they even have a pool and hot tub.

I was given a room on the first floor and upon entering, it reeked of smoke. I returned to the desk and asked for a different room, that is when I was informed that this was orginally a smoking room, but that since they went to being an all "non-smoking hotel" it was now considered "non-smoking." This is ridiculous! They need to replace or deep clean everything in the room to get the smoke smell out and they obviously this has not been done! It was disgusting and while I was at the desk another lady complained of the smoke smell in her room as well.

The manager at this point changed my room and offered me free dinner and drinks since she heard me complaining at the front desk (I made sure to mention I was putting this on tripadvisor.com too ;) ) We went for our free food at the "restaurant" and couldnt seem to find it...it is not really a restaurant, more like a soup kitchen, a few tables with no waitress or menu, and food served on styrofoam plates!!!. There was chicken parmesean for dinner, some noodles, a serving dish and a half that were empty, some salad, and cheesecake. The dinner was kind of like survival of the fittest or shall we say the earliest.. We arrived around 745 (dinner ran until 9 pm) and they had three pieces of chicken (mine tasted like rubber), some noodles (without sauce since that was gone already), salad, and three pieces of cheesecake left. I assumed they would refill the food, but I should have know better--they did not. So much for the comp meals, there was barely anything left! Guests kept coming to the "restaurant" after we arrived and were told that the dinner buffet was "sold-out" and that they should order take out instead. Who advertises they are a restaurant and then says they are sold out an hour and 45 min into dinner?!?! It wasnt an all you can eat buffet anyway because there was not enough to eat, when the food was gone they didnt replace it! It is a joke that they consider this place a restaurant and that they charge 12.95 for a terrible meal on styrofoam plates! On top of this, we had two glasses of wine and were then informed they were not a comp as I had been told they would be before!

I am a flight attendant and stay in hotels for a living. Take my advice and don't stay here! The hotel people lie and don't tell the truth! They waste your tourism time when they could just tell the truth and you could get a cab instead or rent a car (since you need one cause you are in the middle of nowhere). Honesty is the best policy in the customer service industry and this place just tells you what you want to hear. We are checking out first thing in the morning!

Reviewed 18 September 2009

This Marriott had great staff, nice roomy rooms, and a nice Continental breakfast. Hotel was a little difficult to get into from the highway, but once you figured it out no problem. Pool was down during our staff due to renovations, but we were aware of that. Would definitely stay here again. Good value for the money.

Reviewed 25 August 2009

The hotel is just like many others located along Route 1 north of downtown Boston. Because Route 1 is divided in that area, you will have trouble getting to the hotel when approaching it from the north. The heavy traffic, at about 7800 cars per hour (I counted for a minute), means that you will hear noise 24 hours a day, if you are facing the highway. The hotel has a utilitarian design, with a minimalist lobby, small, bland lounge, and simple continental breakfast area that has a mediocre selection of cerial, yoguhrt, fruit, cold boiled eggs, and the only hot food - waffles. Because a full service restaurant typically distinguishes a 3 star hotel such as Holiday Inn, from a 2.5 star hotel such as Hampton Inn or Courtyard Marriott, I do not consider it a three star hotel. Because repairs were going on, the pool was not available for the two night stay. The rooms were satisfactory, although, like the rest of the hotel, not notable. The beds were clean and comfortable, and the bathroom was okay. The TV's were old, functioned poorly, and needed to be replaced. Overall, if I had bid for a 2.5 star hotel on Priceline, I would have been satisfied, and would only reccommend this hotel to a friend, if they wanted a 2.5 star cookie cutter hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport

Been to Quality Inn Revere? Share your experiences!