“Wasn't impressed!”

99 Restaurants
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I placed a take out order from this restaurant to eat at a nearby hotel. When I placed the order they asked if I wanted a drink and/or utensils and I said no drink, but I needed utensils. They ask your first name and make and color of your car and tell you to park up front and they will bring it out. Sounds easy! I pull up and wait 3-4 minutes and out comes a woman with a bag. She hands me the bag and I hand her a credit card...she goes back inside. Meanwhile I look in the bag and glance at the order slip and realize it isn't mine! I wait 3-4 more minutes and she comes back out.....I inform her that the order isn't mine, and she acts like I'm crazy! I said I didn't order buffalo wings and hand her back the bag. She looks at the order slip, and asks -- are you Carmen? I said "Nope"! She says, ok; I'll be right back...off she goes for like 5-7 more minutes. Back she comes with MY order and explains that she voided the first charge and asked me to sign for the "right one". (time will tell what my credit card statement says!) She informs me that "believe it or not" Carmen and I have the same make/color car........i .never did see "Carmen" and her car before I left! To add insult to injury when I get to my hotel......NO UTENSILS!! Luckily the hotel had some in the breakfast room, so that wasn't a complete disaster. I will say the food was very good, so in the end there is a bit of good news in this review! I'm probably being generous with the 3 stars...but I'd say 5 for the food and 1 for the service!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We went to the 99 Restaurant this evening for dinner.

When asked to participate to the "dining Cause", we were a bit apprehensive because our last experience with a local 99 Restaurant & Pub had not been very pleasant; must say in all honesty that it was a few years ago.
It was for a good cause, raising funds for the adjoining Town's Library, so we agree looking forward to at best a very mediocre meal. Were we surprised! The only mediocre part of the experience it was the barely acceptable service by our server.

My husband and I had 2 small carafes of wine, told by the server that it was the equivalent of one and a half glass of wine in each carafe. My husband had the maple Whiskey Sirloin Steak with baked potatoes and a small bistro salad with burgundy vinaigrette dressing. He was very satisfied and pleased with his choice.

I had the Balsamic Salmon with the garlic mashed potatoes and baby carrots. I loved the salmon, was ok with the potatoes and not too enthusiast with the carrots but I was happy anyway because both were edible and the salmon made up for their shortcoming. To finish our meal, we each had a Cinnamon Apple Crisp with a coffee.

Will return for the food for sure; just attempt to have someone else be our server.

Want to say also that the seating booths are generously in size so one can have lots of room to enjoy dinner. The Ladies Lounge was clean and comfortably spacious with its accommodations.

Let me say again that I was pleasantly surprised - and very happy about the experience of this dinner.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We-4 adults, 3 kids-went here about 6:30 on a Saturday night. Very busy but staff went out of their way to create a table for us. Coloring books & crayons provided for the kids. Waitress-Tiffani (sp?) promptly greeted us offering traditional free popcorn and cheese /crackers which were not free- only .99 but that was not mentioned. Menus provided, drinks ordered. Entree orders taken promptly after drink delivery. Food delivered-waitress checked on us several times, along with the manager. Three of us had the steak tips which we all agreed were salty, all over-cooked and had a lot of fat. The salmon dish ordered by the other adult was reportedly good. Fries, veggies etc were typical. Kids food-mac & cheese, spaghetti & chicken fingers were 'OK' per the lids & the adults who finished what the kids didn't eat. Wait staff was excellent even providing extra coloring books & crayons to the lids as we departed.
Would not return due to the poor food quality.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Your average applebees with less choices on appetizers.. Drinks are moderately priced. if you like applebees you may like it.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Ordered takeout here recently and was amazed at how bad the food was in all aspects - not cooked as ordered, odd taste, soggy greasey everywhere, etc. Even as "bar food", this fails completely. The Burger King out front has better food!