“GOOD FOOD DELIVERED”

Add it.
Amante Pizza and Cafe
Ranked #34 of 56 Restaurants in Rockland
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Isn't it great to have everything or at least the ability to have it?

I wouldn't know because I spend more time writing reviews on Tripadvisor than writing my novel which will make me the millions I need to get everything but I digress...

What I really mean is, as people we all have likes and we enjoy it when we have the ability to make those preferences become reality.

Like when you are at a restaurant and after a great dinner you think, "Hmmmm, I would really like dessert but I want the dessert that a certain frozen yogurt place has instead of the options presented on this glossy menu!"

Well my friend, you can have that fro yo treat here at Amante right after you have dinner and you won't have to drive to that Pink place located like two towns away.

And what's the best part you ask?

You can have it ALL delivered!

That's right, this place not only offers vanilla and chocolate frozen yogurt with more mix ins than the other fro yo competition (they have Pumpkin! Pumpkin in July for when you just can't wait through summer for the taste of fall!) but they also happily deliver it to you along with your choice of pizza, sub, salad or pasta dish.

With Amante, you really can have it all and you can have it delivered! Even breakfast so long as you don't mind sleeping in a little bit first.

As this is a review I do owe you my harsh criticism of this place so let me dispense with the pleasantries and get to the nitty gritty.

This place is tucked next to a dingy looking dive and shares a parking lot with a convenience store so don't be surprised if you drive by it a few times. Maybe this is why they specialize in delivery?

The outside isn't much to look at and the inside isn't heaps better (bonus points for having a TV the size of Milwaukee though!) but the food is decent and the price is competitive for the area. It's location may not be much but for fast delivery to the Rockland area, it works wonders.

This is a take out Townie place plain and simple. You don't have to dress up at all but you probably should put a towel on before you open the door at least.

Rockland has several places that offer some stiff competition to this little hole in the wall though I maintain that Amante not only holds it's own, it comes out pretty close to the top!

Why?

Compared to most of the to go places around here, Amante offers a SERIOUS dessert menu not often seen at a little place like this. Homemade cannolis this good aren't usually found outside of the South End let alone for this price. The aforementioned frozen yogurt concoction is more like a Blizzard from a certain Dairy Royalty establishment than a standard cup with some stuff put on top and this "spin" (see what I did there?) makes a huge difference. In addition to this there are usually several cakes in the display cooler as well.

This place gets high marks for friendliness as well, every time I am there the owner has said hello to everyone that has walked in, and they have always been more than accommodating when I have had to make a change to an item or had a question about the menu.

If you live in the area, or plan to visit the area, do yourself a favor and give this little place a shot.

Enjoy the novelty of not only having a selection of cakes and dessert options alongside a vast selection of subs, pizzas and entrees but of having it all delivered.

Getting what you want and getting it all delivered. It's the American dream.

Now served at Amante.