“Rockland Best Western”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rockland
Rockland, United States
“Rockland Best Western”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Hotel was located not far from the South Shore Music Circus, easy to find, hotel staff was friendly. I would stay there again. They offered breakfast but I only had tea and a yogurt. They said they had wi fi although I didn't use it. They did have a computer in the lobby which I used and was very handy to get directions.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Best Western Shaftsbury Paddington was fabulous for the price, we had a great breakfast, not far from underground or Paddington Station. Room was very small but had been totally redone, with microwave, refrigerator and all new bath and furniture.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2013

ok hotel, fine if you run out of beach options. Breakfast included, internet is very good and free (a major plus in my book). Lack of pool or hut tub is disappointing. Room still smells like 20 years of old cigarette residue, not overpowering, but gross, and is something that many, many hotels need to address in any case.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We've stayed at the Best Western Rockland before, and then it was acceptable. The rooms are spacious, and we had a microwave and refrigerator in our room. The bed was comfortable. The man stocking the breakfast room was friendly and hard working, and the desk clerk who checked me out was efficient. Those are the positives.

I have been searching my brain to remember a worse customer service experience than our check-in here, and I can't find one (and I travel quite a bit). I booked the hotel through AAA, because there was a substantial savings of about $30 per night. When we arrived at around 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday, the desk clerk told me that "the card was not accepted." I took this to mean my AMEX was not accepted--I'd given it to her to scan for "incidentals." She refused to explain any further. After calling AMEX customer service and letting the agent speak with the desk clerk, the AMEX agent explained to me that the card that was not accepted was that of the booking agency, which turned out to be Travelocity. The desk clerk could have explained this, but simply went into a rant about Travelocity, implying that the situation was my fault for booking with Travelocity. The AMEX agent gave me a number to call, and that agent then called the front desk clerk, who yelled at him in front of us and several other guests about how he had wasted her time and made us wait. (Although she never expressed this to us!). Finally, after four calls back and forth to Travelocity suport and an hour and forty minutes, we were given a room key. When we asked, as neutrally as we were able, what had been wrong, she replied, "Why are you angry with me? You are angry, I can tell by your red face!" to my husband, who was wearing a red T-shirt. We weren't angry when we walked in, but we were when we walked out. The room she sent us to was directly across from an outside door that slammed all night long.

There is a musty smell to the rooms that the cleaners try to fight with spray every day. Searching for places to plug in electronics led us to corners that haven't been cleaned in a long time. We won't be back.

1 Thank Ispahan1
Devesh K, General Manager at Best Western Rockland, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Sir,

I am extremely apologetic for the recent experience you had at our Hotel during check in. I did speak to my associate who handled the situation and after hearing the associate's side I will partially agree that the Check in process could have been handled in a much more professional pleasant and smoother manner and I have addressed the complain. Being the General Manager of the Hotel I take full resposibility on the associate's behalf and apologize to you and your family again for the inconvenience and have explained and trained my staff better about handling such situations in the future however I just want to explain how reservations work when you make your reservations through several sites you have available today. Of what I understood you happened to make the reservation through AAA which was actually made through Travelocity. The way it works is that you prepay them and then they send us another Credit Card of theirs to charge which in your case their card declined which is not your fault This system applies to websites such as Expedia Hotels.Com Travelocity Travel Web Hotwire Orbitz and many more.. The telephone number which Travelocity had on your reservation profile too was non existent. Simultaneously I guess you'll mentioned that you'll had recently cancelled your personal card.. Therefore putting everything together was the reason for the hold up during the check in process.. The associate was only doing her job but I guess at that point the situation was aggravated. Sometimes it so happens that when you call the website telephone numbers you are either kept on hold transferred from one department to another and eventually when you do get through they are not extremely co operative all the time which is a time consuming factor..with past experiences booking through websites is beneficial but there are a lot of restrictions attached with it therefore we always recommend to book at the Hotel direct and work out something or book on the Brand Websites having said so a lot of people are comfotable booking on websites.I do hope you give us another chance to make your experience a much better one..

Devesh Karani
Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Can't really agree with all previous reviews... Not the best Best Western I visited but not the worst either...

I was welcome by a confused clerk at the front desk who gave me 2-3 different room keys before getting me the right room finally...

The building is really weird, need to go out and open a few doors to get in other section and room was coming with a very bad smell(wet and humid feel)

With the fan on it was finally ok after 2 hours but still...

Great flat screen LG TV, great wifi Internet, comfy beds...

Ok breakfast and nice fitness facilities...

Very small bathroom & shower...

No microwave, no fridge...

Overall ok...

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank benoitleblanc
Devesh K, General Manager at Best Western Rockland, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Mr.Leblanc,

I apologize for the Inconvenience you had during your recent stay at our Hotel. Unfortunately the layout of the Building cannot be changed. Our Hotel use to be an exterior Property years ago & was then changed to an interior corridor. All this occured prior to our Company puchasing the property in 2011.

We thereafter have made a lot of improvements & are still doing so. I do hope you give us another chance in the future & stay with us & we would make sure your stay is absolutely positive one compared to the recent one.

Apologies once again..

Devesh Karani
General Manager..
North Berwick, Maine, USA
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The service was excellent. The staff was friendly and efficient. Very helpful with directions and suggestions for sites to see and places to eat. The location was easy on and off from 93/3. Central to sites and places to eat. Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast had a large variety and was delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2013

the reservation (type of room was incorrect) even when they were showed the email confirmation they did not correct the problem. We were charged a higher rate than we were quoted. The late night clerk blamed the afternoon clerk for the room problem and was very rude when we attempted to explain what had occurred. It appears none of the information that we received in our confirmation was entered into the hotel front desk computer. The morning clerk had to make a copy of my confirmation papers inorder to give us the rate we were quoted.

2 Thank Denise G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Rockland
Nantasket Beach Resort
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
The Inn at Scituate Harbor
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree

Been to Best Western Rockland? Share your experiences!